Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Hamas Attacks Against Israel

Fergasun

3 minutes ago, PeterMP said:

Then post a link from a credible source.  I've given you multiple ones that simply say terrorists.

Bro. Who do you think the “terrorists” are in Gaza. lol. “That’s not poop, it’s ****. Completely different!” 😂

Edited by CousinsCowgirl84

7 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

Is there any evidence of this? I had an argument with someone on instagram who said Chick-Fil-A was supporting Israel. Who are these mysterious companies supporting Israel? And why would a multinational company support Israel or even take a political stance?

Idk about the hate chicken restaurant but the UN put out a list of companies a few months back. 

https://www.amnesty.org.uk/un-exposes-companies-involved-israeli-settlements-and-why-it-matters

On the 12 February, the United Nations released a list of businesses involved in the illegal Israeli settlements. TripAdvisor, alongside Airbnb, Expedia, Booking.com, JCB, Opodo and Greenkote are included in this list.

• Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Bro. Who do you think the “terrorists” are in Gaza. lol.  

There are multiple organization that operate in Gaza that we consider terrorist organizations.  Organizations like the Muslim Brotherhood, the Palestinian Islamic Jihad, etc.

(Hamas realistically today is at least portraying itself as one of the more moderate armed anti-Israeli organizations in that they are no longer actively calling for the elimination Israel.)

That you don't understand that says it all.

Edited by PeterMP
  • Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

30 minutes ago, PeterMP said:

(Hamas realistically today is at least portraying itself as one of the more moderate armed anti-Israeli organizations in that they are no longer actively calling for the elimination Israel.)

this is absolute bull****. They can try to portray themself however they like. Thier actions speak a lot louder.

All those organizations get their marching orders from Hamas. When Hamas says there is a cease fire, there is a ceasefire. If Hamas said the peir is off limits, it wouldn’t have gotten attacked.

Edited by CousinsCowgirl84

35 minutes ago, Fergasun said:

@ixcuincle

BDS movement has been around a long time against Israel.  

Bdsmovement.net indicates McDonald's Israel gave free food to Israeli solders.  

They want a global boycott on McDonald's because a franchisee handed out free food to soldiers?  

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

this is absolute bull****. They can try to portray themself however they like. Thier actions speak a lot louder.

All those organizations get their marching orders from Hamas. When Hamas says there is a cease fire, there is a ceasefire. If Hamas said the peir is off limits, it wouldn’t have gotten attacked.

Then why are the Israeli's making separate cease fire agreements to organizations like the Islamic Jihad?

https://www.reuters.com/world/middle-east/israel-strikes-gaza-palestinians-fire-rockets-truce-bid-lingers-2023-05-13/

There are times also where Israel and Hamas have had a cease fire and the Islamic Jihad has taken credit for attacks.

I'm not going to say Hamas has no pull over them, but unless you can actually post something to back up your claim, you seem to be making things up that you don't know about.

Edited by PeterMP
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ixcuincle said:

Who are these mysterious companies supporting Israel? And why would a multinational company support Israel or even take a political stance?

That’s a whole can of worms you can open up right there. 

there’s several groups of people (that I’m aware of, sure there’s more types) it ranges from Jewish people that feel they are just supporting fellow Jewish people, all the way to weird (in my opinion) end times Christians that think this is how you bring about the end times or whatever it is those people think 

there were major US companies that supported the Nazis in the early ‘30s. 🤷‍♂️ 

1 hour ago, bearrock said:

They want a global boycott on McDonald's because a franchisee handed out free food to soldiers?  

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-67885910

Basically McDonald’s franchises work in a way where the overseas franchises are owned by people local to the region (same as they do here in the states)

so I’m sure McDonald’s in Israel shows support for Israel. The article also talks about McDonald’s in Maylasia

However there are also McDonald’s run by Muslim people in Muslim countries that I’m sure do things to support Muslim interests. 

the BBC article makes it sound like a misunderstanding. Which, if true, makes total sense because we see other instances of random things taking off on social media that aren’t necessarily backed by facts but take off anyways 

The move came after McDonald's Malaysia, which is backed by a Saudi firm, sued the Malaysia BDS group for $1.3m (£1m), citing "false and defamatory statements" that it said had hurt its business. 

BDS said McDonald's should cut ties with its franchisee in Israel - and in Malaysia, unless it dropped the lawsuit. 

"Instead of pressuring its parent company, McDonald's Corporation, to terminate its shameful franchise agreement in Israel, McDonald's Malaysia and its Saudi owner are desperately trying to silence voices of peaceful solidarity with the Palestinian liberation struggle in Malaysia," the group said. 

"We cannot let this pass. Let's show McDonald's what grassroots boycotts can do."

so… they’re even boycotting a Muslim run McDonald’s in Malaysia because *checks notes* they sued the BDS for calling against a boycott of them because *checks notes* a McDonald’s in Israel did something 

Edited by tshile

I don't think it was like a single store in Israel.  I think it was all of them.

Actually in response to this McDonalds has bought all of its franchises in Israel from the franchisee (that was giving away the food).

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2024/4/5/mcdonalds-buys-all-225-of-israeli-franchise-restaurants-after-boycotts

(To my knowledge, McDonalds has a single franchisee in Israel and has now bought all of the stores to stop this and at least minimize the backlash.)

Edited by PeterMP
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

http://How did McDonald’s become a new flash point in the Israel-Gaza war? https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2023/10/21/mideast-mcdonalds-israel-arab-world/

Meanwhile, in Israel, the local McDonald’s franchise has had to battle rumors that it’s supporting the Palestinians, threatening legal action against anyone spreading such stories. It said on its X account that it has donated 100,000 meals to security forces and local hospitals and is offering 50 percent discounts to members of the rescue and security forces.

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-68740617

Mr Padan, however, is not new to controversy related to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. In the 30 years the businessman has been operating restaurants for McDonald's in Israel, he has been at the centre of a number of disputes.

In 2013, the Israeli businessman angered Israel's settler movement when he refused calls to open a branch of the fast-food chain in the settlement of Ariel in the occupied West Bank. Mr Padan's company Alonyal was asked to set up a restaurant in a shopping centre but declined, saying the firm had a policy of staying out of the occupied territories.

Mr Padan is one of the founders of the group Peace Now, which opposes all settlements and views them as obstacles to peace. Peace Now says he is no longer a member of the group, which was founded in 1978.

A leader of the Yesha Council, the settlers' umbrella organisation, said at the time that McDonald's had gone from being a for-profit company to one with an "anti-Israeli political agenda".

Yeah, sounds like a bloodthirsty zionist who wanted to do whatever he could in helping the Israeli mitary wipe Gaza off the map. 

I know many attorneys who were personally vehemently opposed to the Afghanistan War but were happy to volunteer and take part in a program drafting free estate planning documents for soldiers being deployed overseas.  It doesn't take a lot of intelligence to separate the policy and the soldiers being forced to carry out that policy.

Beginning to think there's no shortage of ****ing idiots in the world 🙄

Edited by bearrock
  • Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

It’s not surprising

theres ample examples of people catching strays from groups so riled up over their cause they direct their anger at someone that isn’t exactly deserving 

• Like 1

https://www.reuters.com/world/middle-east/hamas-delegation-visit-cairo-monday-gaza-ceasefire-talks-hamas-official-says-2024-04-28/

Hamas delegation will visit Cairo on Monday for talks aimed at securing a ceasefire, a Hamas official told Reuters on Sunday, as mediators stepped up efforts to reach a deal ahead of an expected Israeli assault on the southern city of Rafah.
The official, who asked not to be named, said the delegation would discuss a ceasefire proposal handed by Hamas to mediators from Qatar and Egypt, as well as Israel's response.

He did not disclose details of the latest proposals, but a source briefed on the talks told Reuters Hamas is expected to respond to Israel’s latest Gaza phased truce proposal delivered on Saturday.

The source said this included an agreement to accept the release of fewer than 40 hostages in exchange for releasing Palestinians held in Israeli jails and to a second phase of a truce that includes a "period of sustained calm" - Israel’s compromise response to a Hamas demand for permanent ceasefire.
…..

Lots more in the article 

10 hours ago, PeterMP said:

Then why are the Israeli's making separate cease fire agreements to organizations like the Islamic Jihad?

https://www.reuters.com/world/middle-east/israel-strikes-gaza-palestinians-fire-rockets-truce-bid-lingers-2023-05-13/

There are times also where Israel and Hamas have had a cease fire and the Islamic Jihad has taken credit for attacks.

I'm not going to say Hamas has no pull over them, but unless you can actually post something to back up your claim, you seem to be making things up that you don't know about.

No im not. You’re trying to sort the crap out of the ****.

23 hours ago, PeterMP said:

Was this before or after October 7th? 😂😂😂

Also, they pretty much are still calling for the elimination of Isreal. Basically, the big difference between the first and second charters is that instead of the elimination of all Jews, they'll just settle for Israel...

• Thumb up 1

2 hours ago, Skins24 said:

Was this before or after October 7th? 😂😂😂

Also, they pretty much are still calling for the elimination of Isreal. Basically, the big difference between the first and second charters is that instead of the elimination of all Jews, they'll just settle for Israel...

That's not really true.  The 2nd charter specifically call for the creation of Palestinian state that based on the '67 borders.  They don't specifically call for an Israel that can then occupy the rest of the Palestine, but they also don't explicitly call for its elimination.  And without being explicit then, that leaves open the possibility of a Jewish state (Israel) in the rest of Palestine.  They don't formally recognize Israel but the document doesn't call for the explicit destruction of Israel and suggest that they'd agree to a two-state solution based on the '67 borders thought that's not explicit.

You can go read the charter's yourself, but it is also been widely reported from sources as far apart as the Guardian and the WSJ.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2006/jan/12/israel

"Hamas drops call for destruction of Israel from manifesto"

https://www.wsj.com/articles/hamas-to-revise-anti-israel-stance-in-its-charter-official-says-1493649310

"Hamas Drops Call for Israel's Destruction"

(Seriously, why would you come in and post something that is easily disprovable with a 5 second google search?  Though, I guess I don't know what you mean by pretty much.  It either does or does not actively call for the elimination of Israel.  And it doesn't.  It doesn't actively endorse the existence of Israel but that's not the same thing as calling for its destruction.)

Edited by PeterMP
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, PeterMP said:

(Seriously, why would you come in and post something that is easily disprovable with a 5 second google search?  Though, I guess I don't know what you mean by pretty much.  It either does or does not actively call for the elimination of Israel.  And it doesn't.  It doesn't actively endorse the existence of Israel but that's not the same thing as calling for its destruction.)

He drives by and posts IDF talking points that have been debunked and then disappears for a week and rinse, repeat.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumb down 1
  • Thumb up 1

12 hours ago, PeterMP said:

1) What do you think that means? You can't possibly be that ignorant.They will never recognize Israel as a legitimate state (stated in both charters, but more importantly, repeated extensively by their leaders <-- that's what matters more...the words of their leaders) and they want to create a Palestinian state. Say they create the state - Do you honestly believe, based on their actions, that they will be satisfied and start singing kumbaya with the Israelis, who they see as illegitimate? Come on...

2) You never answered the question.

"Hamas realistically today is at least portraying itself as one of the more moderate armed anti-Israeli organizations in that they are no longer actively calling for the elimination Israel."

Was this before or after 7 Oct?

You honestly think their actions were "moderate"? Or that's what they're trying to portray themselves as?

10 hours ago, Barry.Randolphe said:

He drives by and posts IDF talking points that have been debunked and then disappears for a week and rinse, repeat.

It was draft week, which was way more important 😂

I have not posted one IDF talking point...as I have no idea what they are, nor do I care. At all. My position has been stated repeatedly.

I would say you're posting Hamas' talking points, but according to Peter, they are more moderate than you :)

• Like 1