Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 NFL Draft Position/Tracker - Final Pick #2

zCommander

10 minutes ago, mistertim said:

That process not only wouldn't guarantee success, it would almost guarantee the opposite, unless we got ludicrously lucky and managed to snag some mid round gem QB who turned into a stud.

There's basically one team that has been a contender for years without a long term standout franchise QB, and that's SF. And they're the exception, not the rule. The teams that are long term contenders every year have a franchise QB.

Without that, the most likely outcome is perennial mediocrity, with the best case scenario being getting very lucky and limping into the playoffs once or twice. Then 5-10 years from now we're right back where we are now.

Pass.

There’s no guarantee that Caleb or Drake will hit either. I’m not talking about finding our QB in THIS draft. Next year or the year after would be fine. My point is I’m willing to be patient as long as we’re building with the right people in place. I know we are in prime position to try and hit on one now but we also need to blow this entire thing up with the exception of a few pieces.

• Thumb up 1

2 minutes ago, Redd said:

Oh if Colts win we pretty much have it in the bag imo. Got so many shots for that last point. 

No, we need for N.O. to win against Atlanta too. 

4 minutes ago, NYSkins21 said:

There’s no guarantee that Caleb or Drake will hit either. I’m not talking about finding our QB in THIS draft. Next year or the year after would be fine. My point is I’m willing to be patient as long as we’re building with the right people in place. I know we are in prime position to try and hit on one now but we also need to blow this entire thing up with the exception of a few pieces.

Sure, there's no guarantee they will hit, but you have to take chances in order to find your QB. And from our history, as well as the history of the league, there's almost no chance of being a perennial contender without a franchise QB. And as far as getting a QB in the future, there's very little chance that we'll soon be picking high enough again to get one of the top 2 QBs, especially in a QB loaded draft.

And teams that completely blow things up often start that whole process with a QB...the central piece of it.

Edited by mistertim
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, RWJ said:

No. If the Colts win, we'd just need LV or GB to win even if NO loses. And GB has a playoff spot on the line while the Bears are already eliminated.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

4 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Just need one more and a loss to Cowboys I think if the Colts win

Edited by Redd
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Dark Acre said:

While I can't imagine anyone making that offer, I'd strongly consider it.

For those who don't know, Ruth's Chris is a la carte - you order vegetables separately from that juicy, delicious, mouth-watering hunk of meat.  So, question:  you're getting your favorite cut of meat.  Do you also get:  1) broccoli, 2) baked potato; or 3) side salad?

Wrong.  None of those.  If you're at Ruth's Chris and you have room for plants, you order a bigger piece of meat.

Creamed spinach. And another order of creamed spinach. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

20 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

No. If the Colts win, we'd just need LV or GB to win even if NO loses. And GB has a playoff spot on the line while the Bears are already eliminated.

My understanding that if the Steeler's won, check and the Colts win and then N.O. Saints win we'd have enough points to claim the #2 overall pick. Are you sure, Cap Skins?  

I ain't betting against Stroud. lol

Even if Hou wins I feel like we are sitting pretty going into Sun.

Just now, RWJ said:

My understanding that if the Steeler's won, check and the Colts win and then N.O. Saints win we'd have enough points to claim the #2 overall pick. Are you sure, Cap Skins?  

We need a loss vs Dal and "3 stars" collected from other games.

Saints over ATL would be worth "2 stars".

Steelers win (1) + Colts win (1) + Saints win (2) = 4 stars. Overkill.

If Colts win we don't need a Saints win per say. We just need one win from NO/GB/LV

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Ah, I misunderstood your post. I thought you were saying the Saints had to win for us to get the tiebreaker, which is not the case. But you're right that if the Colts win, then a Saints win would clinch the tiebreaker! 👍

• Like 1

Just now, RVAskins said:

Wow, this Stroud kid may have a future in the NFL.

He leads the NFL in almost every category.   This kid is a real stud and is on track to pass Patrick Maholmes at this pace.

2 minutes ago, srtman04 said:

He leads the NFL in almost every category.   This kid is a real stud and is on track to pass Patrick Maholmes at this pace.

When you have a QB of that caliber, it lifts the entire team. That's just what we need.

• Like 2

Just now, RVAskins said:

When you have a QB of that caliber, it lifts the entire team. That's just what we need.

I'm just not sure we have that this upcoming draft.  I think the closest are Daniel's and Penix.  Caleb is such a head case...but he definitely has the talent as well.

2 minutes ago, srtman04 said:

I'm just not sure we have that this upcoming draft.  I think the closest are Daniel's and Penix.  Caleb is such a head case...but he definitely has the talent as well.

I agree. Like others have said, you have to keep trying until you find that one special QB.

22 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

Ah, I misunderstood your post. I thought you were saying the Saints had to win for us to get the tiebreaker, which is not the case. But you're right that if the Colts win, then a Saints win would clinch the tiebreaker! 👍

Just to complicate it, if the Saints win tomorrow and we lose, we’re good. So if the Saints win, this game doesn’t matter.

18 minutes ago, srtman04 said:

There were at least as many holes and questions when it came to the QBs in the last draft. Let's not get revisionist and pretend like it was some universally touted QB class. Every QB prospect had some sort of dings against them. IMO this draft class is actually far superior to last years as far as the pure potential of the QB talent pool at the top.

• Like 4
  • Thumb up 1

23 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

We can still pick #2 even if we win. Just need Cards and Pats and Saints to win (or Packers / Raiders) 

Would need two of the LV, NO and GB to win in that scenario in order to stay ahead of the Giants. O a Giants W.