Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 NFL Draft Position/Tracker - Final Pick #2

zCommander

9 minutes ago, ThatNFLChick said:

To be fair no other QB in this draft has been tested like that or played a defense of that caliber so they all may have failed also

And this is why I'm concerned about this entire QB class.....I'm not sure why there is so much hype over them to be honest.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NickyJ said:

I think the Penix comparisons need to dig down deeper than the more recent QBs.

Jake Locker.

Locker was a tank and ran a 4.51 and had great jumps.  He was basically an athletic linebacker who could throw really hard and sometimes hit his target.  Penix is not that kind of athlete.

The final comp I'm settling on for Penix is something between Bridgewater and Garappolo.  Bridgewater's awkward athleticism and throwing motion with Garappalo's accuracy and durability.  He's got ability but I think his legs are shot and he's not going to have a long career.  If his medicals were clean, I could see him going in the early second.  But when teams look at that leg, he's gonna tumble.  I think he goes somewhere on Day 3.

Based on the way the FO search has started, I’m really going to be shocked if we stick at #2. We’re moving up to pick #1. This is going to be one hell of an aggressive offseason. I wasn’t sure about FA, but all bets are off now. We’re going all in there too.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Est.1974 said:

Based on the way the FO search has started, I’m really going to be shocked if we stick at #2. We’re moving up to pick #1. This is going to be one hell of an aggressive offseason. I wasn’t sure about FA, but all bets are off now. We’re going all in there too.

I could see a move-up to 1OA, but if the new FO has Caleb and Maye (or whomever their QB1 and QB2 are) graded similarly, they will probably sit tight and take one of their guys at 2.

I also wouldn't rule out a behind-the-scenes campaign to get Caleb to engineer a homecoming by letting teams know he's set on coming to Washington - if that's the case. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, NickyJ said:

There's an alternate variety: Dump her his mom's friend.

2nd overall picks are wild, and it can take them their entire career before they turn over a new leaf.

Based on that pic of them i would not be shocked if he calls her mother. 

Edited by SoCalSkins

1 hour ago, ThatNFLChick said:

To be fair no other QB in this draft has been tested like that or played a defense of that caliber so they all may have failed also

J.J. McCarthy has, Big Ten and Bama, Wash. Not asked to do as much overall and seems like he needs another year or to sit a year very young. But he is on the national championship team not a whole lot to play for now. If they did decide to trade down that's who I would pick later if possible, No need to rush him with Howell there and the rebuild and new coaches, new Offense.

Edited by skinsfan66
  • Like 1

I don't think there will ever be a QB more prolific at handing the ball off than Ryan Tannehill is. It could be a pro bowl mini-game, but it would be unfair. Ryan would be undefeated, even in retirement.

1 hour ago, skinsfan66 said:

J.J. McCarthy has, Big Ten and Bama, Wash. Not asked to do as much overall and seems like he needs another year or to sit a year very young. But he is on the national championship team not a whole lot to play for now. If they did decide to trade down that's who I would pick later if possible, No need to rush him with Howell there and the rebuild and new coaches, new Offense.

I'm 99% sure McCarthy is a first rounder and due to positional value could end up in the top 10. So the trade back scenario would concern me a bit if they were targeting him. Ton of QB needy teams in the top 10 and some just outside it that could move up. But that trade back scenario could end up netting some really premium picks.  It's a supply/demand game so if there are multiple teams interested in moving up and Chicago is sitting tight, the #2 pick will be a huge premium. 

If we moved back to 3 or 4 (Zona or NE) we could end up with MHJ and maybe one or two extra 2s (depending on demand). Assuming we won't trade with the Giants, the Titans at 7 would be the next partner I would look at. I think moving back from 2 to 7 would net a decent haul including a future 1, which could end up being a high 1 next year with TN firing Vrabel. But the new coaching staff might be looking to make a move for a QB so that's a real possibility. At 7 you might be in the range for McCarthy but it would absolutely not surprise me if he's the 4th QB off the board and goes to NYG at 6 (or honestly, NE at 4 would not surprise me at all either, taking him over Daniels). 

You get similar results trading down to 8 (Atlanta), or 10-13 (Jets, Vikings, Broncos, Raiders) but the further you move down the less likely it is McCarthy is still there. I feel like Atlanta moving up has a good enough team that an offensive head coach plus the #2 pick could end up with them having a good season, so that future 1st wouldn't be as valuable. Jets likely won't move up with Rodgers under contract next year. Titans would be my preferred partner outside the top 5. I'm not sure Drake Maye solves their issues this offseason, and they could be heading for a top 5 pick next year. 

edited to add: Chargers would be a sneaky trade partner at 5. I doubt they do it but I could see them moving up to 2 to give Herbert a legit weapon in MHJ and absolutely blowing up people's draft boards in the process. 

Edited by TheGoodBits
  • Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, srtman04 said:

And this is why I'm concerned about this entire QB class.....I'm not sure why there is so much hype over them to be honest.  

i want a run down of caleb williams, drake maye, and jayden daniels. i want a full list of all the teammates that did or did not attend their birthday parties from high school and throughout college. let's also stick a $100 bill in the back of the playbooks for them and see what they do.

It is pretty funny that we find ourselves at #2 and just now starting to talk ourselves into the QB class actually sucking. :D

Normally, this would raise my stress level, but the new bossman has me thinking he's gonna pick the right guys, and if he picks the right guys, they're gonna know what's up and handle the draft well.  What once would have been hoping that our teams picks kind of coincidentally align with either the national opinion or the board gurus or both, instead becomes a somewhat more relaxing proposition!

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

I could see a move-up to 1OA, but if the new FO has Caleb and Maye (or whomever their QB1 and QB2 are) graded similarly, they will probably sit tight and take one of their guys at 2.

I also wouldn't rule out a behind-the-scenes campaign to get Caleb to engineer a homecoming by letting teams know he's set on coming to Washington - if that's the case. 

This lot don’t look like a bunch ready to settle on sloppy seconds.

1 hour ago, bearrock said:

Can we stop with the commenting on the appearance of a player's girlfriend?  

I will stop… Unless she’s ugly.

edit: But I will trust our new GM to decide whether our players’ girlfriends are ugly or not.

Edited by Sacks 'n' Stuff
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, bearrock said:

Can we stop with the commenting on the appearance of a player's girlfriend?  

Sure. But only if she's not super hot or something...

53 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

But I will trust our new GM to decide whether our players’ girlfriends are ugly or not.

Thank God for Josh Harris.

3 hours ago, Going Commando said:

Locker was a tank and ran a 4.51 and had great jumps.  He was basically an athletic linebacker who could throw really hard and sometimes hit his target.  Penix is not that kind of athlete.

The final comp I'm settling on for Penix is something between Bridgewater and Garappolo.  Bridgewater's awkward athleticism and throwing motion with Garappalo's accuracy and durability.  He's got ability but I think his legs are shot and he's not going to have a long career.  If his medicals were clean, I could see him going in the early second.  But when teams look at that leg, he's gonna tumble.  I think he goes somewhere on Day 3.

A very fragile Warren Moon.  

• Like 1