Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 NFL Draft Position/Tracker - Final Pick #2

zCommander

31 minutes ago, The Consigliere said:

I feel the opposite. The '20-23 build was yet another version of the fix it as you go, rather than the tear it down to the studs variety. And better yet, we did the seemingly impossible, after playing our way out of contention for a top 3 pick in the first six weeks or so, we completely imploded perfectly and managed to tank our way to 2. We don't have to give up any assets, I kept my eye on 7-11 for our slot in late September, and top 9 in October, top 7 in November, and somehow, inexplicably, all the dogs except Carolina found ways to win just enough games to hand us the 2. It's extraordinary. Of course we have to hit, which is part of it, but part of it is also that if we miss, we aren't borrowing from '25 and '26, to try and hit. Its heaven. 

This is Hell.

Semantics on whether this was actually a rebuild was besides ghe point, that's how it was portrayed.

The roster overall shows what we typically see, someone who claims they know what they doing clearing out players from thr previous bozo to claim that, and 3-4 years back where we started.

Calling that anything else because we got a #2 pick when we got one as a parting gift from the previous regime is a joke.

The next folks just need to get this right, I'm tired of being convinced this was worth it...again.

6 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

The next folks just need to get this right, I'm tired of being convinced this was worth it...again.

This is true but you have a choice, you can spend the next 6 months sulking about the past or you can try to enjoy the clean slate and abundance of chalk hoping this time will be different. 

I'm gonna give the new regime the benefit of the doubt until they give me reason not to its just my style.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

We’ve gone down to the studs before. I honestly think this feels more like a full bulldoze and rebuilding of the foundation on the same land. This is a chance to finally build it right. I’m stoked for what could be coming. Can’t be any worse than it’s been. 

22 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

This is Hell.

Semantics on whether this was actually a rebuild was besides ghe point, that's how it was portrayed.

The roster overall shows what we typically see, someone who claims they know what they doing clearing out players from thr previous bozo to claim that, and 3-4 years back where we started.

Calling that anything else because we got a #2 pick when we got one as a parting gift from the previous regime is a joke.

No it wasn't. It wasn't a rebuild and it wasn't called one.

One off the biggest problems with this franchise all century is that we never did rebuild the team the many times it needed it. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, foreverskins said:

I want Maye. Williams just feels like he's Bo Callahan from Draft Day to me. But that is why I'm not the GM

Trade Allen if he doesn't want to be here. He got paid and then disappeared anyway.

Potentially trade back into the first if there is someone there because this isn't going to be built in one year, it will take several. 

Daniels > Maye

We’re Fadin for Jayden

QB will be taken. There will be no trade backs 

Edited by Black Market Bully
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, RVAskins said:

We've had way too many misses over the years. I know no draft is perfect but damn we need someone who is truly good at evaluating players.

For sure and who will that be?  Presumably a new GM currently on another staff that is still chasing a title.   That person will have a lot of work to do in a short period of time.  Need our next Bobby Bethard.   

43 minutes ago, redskinss said:

This is true but you have a choice, you can spend the next 6 months sulking about the past or you can try to enjoy the clean slate and abundance of chalk hoping this time will be different. 

I'm gonna give the new regime the benefit of the doubt until they give me reason not to its just my style.

Ill be over this by Tuesday, there's no other place I feel like talking about this online.

Quit trying to be my therapist, I have the right to be skeptical once I get over another wasted embarrassing season.  It gets exhausting sometimes, let me vent, dammit.

28 minutes ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

No it wasn't. It wasn't a rebuild and it wasn't called one.

One off the biggest problems with this franchise all century is that we never did rebuild the team the many times it needed it. 

I've said for a while they can't call it one and never draft a QB in the first round.

Ron has mentioned a couple times how much time it takes, and then moving the goal post on the timeline.

It takes longer when you try to build a team around a dline instead of a QB in todays NFL.

That was stupid from get-go...but Young was Generation so I guess had to try...

Edited by Renegade7
  • Thumb up 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

11 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

This is Hell.

No it isn't. Not even close. Today finally and permanently closes the book on over a quarter century of sports HELL. (All that's left is the cringe Snydername and uniforms)

Let us rejoice and be glad.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

I'm not sure there's every really a "rebuild" in football. The 2007 Patriots went 16-0 in the regular season and went to the Super Bowl. Arguably one of the best teams of all time. The 2011 Patriots went 13-3 and also went to the Super Bowl. Only 4 years apart, you'd think the teams would be reasonably similar. But only 8 players were on both teams, and that includes a back-up RB and a kicker. In short, teams often undergo drastic roster changes in just a couple of years even if you're good. The key is to have a couple of really key big name guys, hopefully in key positions. Especially QB. Unfortunately, Washington really hasn't had those types of players. Certainly not at QB, but even elite non-QB guys are few and far between. Probably Trent Williams. And then...??? Champ Bailey? Sean Taylor? That's where this team has to start. Just get an elite player.

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

1 minute ago, Zemongoose said:

No it isn't. Not even close. Today finally and permanently closes the book on over a quarter century of sports HELL. (All that's left is the cringe Snydername and uniforms)

Let us rejoice and be glad.

As the eternal optimist, I reserve the right to finally ask for something other then hope for a change.

9 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

As the eternal optimist, I reserve the right to finally ask for something other then hope for a change.

You sure picked a really lame time to get cynical, man. We’ve finally arrived at the light at the end of the tunnel to discover that it’s an open door to join everyone else living freely beneath open skies…and right before reaching it, you’ve decided to turn around and stare back into the darkness we just traveled. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, MrJL said:

from the way most people talk if we actually prefer Daniels to Maye we could trade back a few spots

Nah. You couldn’t risk it. How arrogant would it be to assume you’re the only organization who feels that way, to feel comfortable trading back and risking losing your guy? It’s just not rational. 

• Thumb up 3

Just now, Conn said:

You sure picked a really lame time to get cynical, man. We’ve finally arrived at the light at the end of the tunnel to discover that it’s an open door to join everyone else living freely beneath open skies…and right before reaching it, you’ve decided to turn around and stare back into the darkness we just traveled. 

I didn't pick anything, abnormally sudden, im telling you something cracked and not in a good way.

Ive looked everywhere since they 1st benched Howell, back pocket, top shelf, I can't find it.

Maybe lm jus tired...new folks did best they could to avoid changes so that when they finally did, it wouldn't feel like meddling and look professional AF.

I'm not interested in assumptions anymore, no more free beer, it's put up or shut up time. Shouldn't take long to tell.  Change in ownership doesn't always matter, ask the Wizards.

1 minute ago, Renegade7 said:

I didn't pick anything, abnormally sudden, im telling you something cracked and not in a good way.

Ive looked everywhere since they 1st benched Howell, back pocket, top shelf, I can't find it.

Maybe lm jus tired...new folks did best they could to avoid changes so that when they finally did, it wouldn't feel like meddling and look professional AF.

I'm not interested in assumptions anymore, no more free beer, it's put up or shut up time. Shouldn't take long to tell.  Change in ownership doesn't always matter, ask the Wizards.

The time for that was two years ago when it looked like Snyder would survive his scandals and we’d be stuck with him forever, imo. Some of us always believed he could be made to sell, but many gave up. And it was understandable.

Whatever. Like you said, you have the right to feel your feelings. You don’t want your fellow fans here to therapize you, but post this attention-seeking stuff, which gets people responding to you in good faith. People are just trying to explain their mindset to you because they want to share their joy with everyone here, believe me it’s not malicious.

Personally, I hope you’re able to exit the darkness and find what broke for you and join us in this new era of hope. Hope does not mean we take success or absolute trust in ownership for granted btw, it just means we rationally acknowledge that we no longer have the dark cloud of Snyder sabotaging everything we do, so it’s worth actually caring now. Emotional investment is never safe, but it’s not doomed now. We can be regular fans again. 

Your fellow fans are dancing in the streets right now, metaphorically (some maybe literally). You aren’t obligated to join but no one else is obligated to just ignore your cynicism, either. It’s natural to want to lift our fellows up. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

8 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Change in ownership doesn't always matter, ask the Wizards.

It does when the change is from Daniel ****ing Snyder.

It is impossible to really articulate how many coin flips and dicerolls it took to find ourselves where we are now (and that is ACTUAL hope, not the false kind that was the only kind that could exist under Snyder), and all of this stuff with the draft is just the cherry.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, Conn said:

The time for that was two years ago when it looked like Snyder would survive his scandals and we’d be stuck with him forever, imo. Some of us always believed he could be made to sell, but many gave up. And it was understandable.

Whatever. Like you said, you have the right to feel your feelings. You don’t want your fellow fans here to therapize you, but post this attention-seeking stuff, which gets people responding to you in good faith. People are just trying to explain their mindset to you because they want to share their joy with everyone here, believe me it’s not malicious.

Personally, I hope you’re able to exit the darkness and find what broke for you and join us in this new era of hope. Hope does not mean we take success or absolute trust in ownership for granted btw, it just means we rationally acknowledge that we no longer have the dark cloud of Snyder sabotaging everything we do, so it’s worth actually caring now. Emotional investment is never safe, but it’s not doomed now. We can be regular fans again. 

Your fellow fans are dancing in the streets right now, metaphorically (some maybe literally). You aren’t obligated to join but no one else is obligated to just ignore your cynicism, either. It’s natural to want to lift our fellows up. 

For most part this is fair.

I'd rather jus vent and get this out here, I'm perfectly fine being ignored, not attention seeking at all.

If no one responded, I'd survive.   The fact people are is NOT unappreciated.

Gimme a minute...

1 minute ago, Bifflog said:

It does when the change is from Daniel ****ing Snyder.

It is impossible to really articulate how many coin flips and dicerolls it took to find ourselves where we are now (and that is ACTUAL hope, not the false kind that was the only kind that could exist under Snyder), and all of this stuff with the draft is just the cherry.

I can appreciate not having to explain why I put up with way this organization treated women to my daughters because they too young now to get it.

Even being a lovable loser franchise would've been better then folks hating us and not knowing why.

This team needs to start winning.  I can point to folks in ownership have done so in other places, but it's officially put up or shut up time.

• Thumb up 1

Point taken @Renegade7

One last point from your post I want to address separately…

Your comment about the Wizards ownership change shows you just don’t understand what people are excited about, in a way. Not really. And it would explain a lot about your mood right now.

Maybe it’s because you, as an “eternal optimist” in your own words, never fully allowed yourself to understand and give in to how hopeless things were under Snyder.

The big thing here is that people aren’t excited and hopeful because they think it’s guaranteed or destined that Harris is a great owner (though that would be awesome). Snyder was SO historically, epically, cosmically, karmically, stupefyingly bad that literally nothing could work here. He would mess everything up, his management style and the people he attracted could not be overcome. There was NO hope. Harris is hope personified even if he’s just an average (or even regularly bad) owner because just by not being Snyder, we have a chance to experience what other fanbases take for granted. Any draft pick could be a superstar. Any year we could go on a run. Maybe we build something real and lasting, maybe not. But things can develop and grow and proceed like a normal sports franchise…and if it doesn’t work, there will be normal expected accountability and regime change and something new and different WILL be tried. And maybe that next thing will work. Or maybe it won’t. But it will always be worth having hope that it COULD, because we will be a normal functional organization. Because there won’t be a rotting snake at the head of the organization tarnishing everything. 

For you to comment that just because we have a new owner, it doesn’t mean things will necessarily change—it really betrays a sincere and foundational misunderstanding of why we had no hope under Snyder. Which, again, could actually be because you remained such an eternal optimist under Snyder. You never really let it sink in how pointless being a fan was, during that era. And that’s the fundamental difference NOW that people are celebrating—not some guarantee of success. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1