Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 NFL Draft Position/Tracker - Final Pick #2

zCommander

1 minute ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

I think three. Right now we are up two games. If we only get two stars and England gets four, I think they beat us by virtue of the head to head tiebreaker.

But even before the Steelers won we were ahead of NE by a hair. So wouldn't again be the case in the 2 vs 4 star scenario?

Is there a place to check the backup data / methodology?

Just now, CapsSkins said:

But even before the Steelers won we were ahead of NE by a hair.

I don’t understand how that worked. There’s 17 opponents and each of them has 17 opponents so there’s only 289 games that factor into strength of schedule. Somehow, tank-athon had us at a difference that was worth like 3/100ths of a percent. I might be missing something but that sure doesn’t seem right to me.

• Thumb up 1

3 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

But even before the Steelers won we were ahead of NE by a hair. So wouldn't again be the case in the 2 vs 4 star scenario?

Is there a place to check the backup data / methodology?

Pretty sure he's right. The percentage was less than a game 

I believe right now the teams on our schedule have 140 Ws and New England's have 141. Will have to double check later.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

I don’t understand how that worked. There’s 17 opponents and each of them has 17 opponents so there’s only 289 games that factor into strength of schedule. Somehow, tank-athon had us at a difference that was worth like 3/100ths of a percent. I might be missing something but that sure doesn’t seem right to me.

14 opponents but yeah. Would appreciate if Tankathon showed their backup calcs somewhere

2 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

It's becuase, for example, Denver is on both of our schedules. So that game effected theirs by two games (both LA and Denver on theirs) but only one on ours (Denver). 

Basically the opponents of each team hadn't played the same number of games at that point. 

Just now, Warhead36 said:

I aint sweatin it Pats will beat the Jets next week

Nah, I think Kraft will order the code red.  Giants are. going to get crushed by Philly. They'll leapfrog NE if the Pats win.  No way will NE want to fall to 5 with a glaring hole at QB.  Saints beating Atlanta is the biggest game next week. 

1 minute ago, mhd24 said:

Nah, I think Kraft will order the code red.  Giants are. going to get crushed by Philly. They'll leapfrog NE if the Pats win.  No way will NE want to fall to 5 with a glaring hole at QB.  Saints beating Atlanta is the biggest game next week. 

It's not up to him. It's up to Belichick, who likely won't be around to use the pick and is chasing the all time Ws record. He ain't tanking. 

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

Yeah, with three of them counted twice if we really need to be that technical. 

Right, right. 14 unique opponents with the divisional opponents' records weighted twice to reflect two games played against each. I'll run the #'s in a bit

Just now, CapsSkins said:

Right, right. 14 unique opponents with the divisional opponents' records weighted twice to reflect two games played against each. I'll run the #'s in a bit

Again, pretty sure there are 140 Ws from our opponents, 141 from theirs. 

If we tie, they win the second leg of the tiebreaker. 

So we need 3 of 6 to go our way to keep the stats quo. 

• Thanks 2
  • Thumb up 1

4 minutes ago, mhd24 said:

Heiny better be throwing ints and fumbling for pylons.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

Again, pretty sure there are 140 Ws from our opponents, 141 from theirs. 

If we tie, they win the second leg of the tiebreaker. 

So we need 3 of 6 to go our way to keep the stats quo. 

Thanks for all the legwork all of you guys are doing in here. I have no idea how to calculate this ****. Appreciate you all.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumb up 2

3 hours ago, Drock_VB said:

That’s what I’m  thinking.  This team has needs all over.  Why pick a QB when you can’t protect him?  It’s a recipe for disaster.  We need picks, picks , and more picks.  

there are no guarantees with any player in the draft. It’s a numbers game.  Health, injury, personal problems, failures to play up to status…..  anything can happen.  Load up on picks , Scout well , draft for needs, and see what you got at the end of the year. 

Uh, you don’t go anywhere without a qb.

The o-line will be addressed in the later rounds and free agency. Also, we probably are trading a player or two for more picks.

5 minutes ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

You can't add Ws? 

Man, you're dumber than I thought. (and that is REALLY saying something)

I sure can.

WWWWWWWW

But they all just look like skinny V’s now.

• Haha 6
  • Thumb up 1

2 hours ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

He's mediocre. Can't guarantee what any team will do, or how they evaluate the QBs in the class. But as Conn said, you don't pass on a blue chip QB when you have a chance at one. 

If they think Williams, or even Maye, is anywhere near as good as the hype, it would be incredibly stupid to pass on that because Fields has a chance to be an average starter. 

Bears are retaining Eberflus. They are full of stupid.

• Like 1