Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 NFL Draft Position/Tracker - Final Pick #2

zCommander

Just now, redskinss said:

Well that size thing is pretty big for comparison sake.

That said, if the two are comparable then why is maye almost universally considered a top 2 pick and Howell slid to the 5th?

Sure there was some talk of Howell going early first after his sophomore campaign but it was not anywhere near as loud as the maye talk and that all faded after Howells junior year.

Maye more talented than Howell was in college . Just bigger / stronger / and looks more better in the pocket imo than Howell, good mobility also.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

10 minutes ago, Conn said:

Why don’t you just use the search function on this site and read some of the breakdowns members here have posted about the QB prospects. Lots of in-depth opinions on them out there for you to catch up on before you come back here to discuss. Lots of video posted as well

I asked the question because he didn't look all that great against the West Virginia Mountaineers in the bowl game. Given he came from probably the same system that Howell was in I don't see how he could protect higher.  That's my thinking at the moment I'm sorry

4 minutes ago, redskinss said:

Well that size thing is pretty big for comparison sake.

That said, if the two are comparable then why is maye almost universally considered a top 2 pick and Howell slid to the 5th?

Sure there was some talk of Howell going early first after his sophomore campaign but it was not anywhere near as loud as the maye talk and that all faded after Howells junior year.

Compare the stats. Watch the film.

It shouldn’t be a 5th round vs a 1st rounder. Both should have/should be mid first rounders. 

They are nearly identical statistically. It’s scary. 

Maye has the size to push a mid first into a top 5 value. Otherwise, that’s where Howell should have gone, too. But people weee concerned with his size.

3 minutes ago, Veretax said:

I asked the question because he didn't look all that great against the West Virginia Mountaineers in the bowl game. Given he came from probably the same system that Howell was in I don't see how he could protect higher.  That's my thinking at the moment I'm sorry

He didn’t play in the bowl game.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Veretax said:

I dont think that unreasonable. He is 6 inches bigger then Howell. Same system

Drake M doesn't even have to deliver the play in the huddle as it's signalled in from the sideline each play. Drake's feet and drift are abismal and his decision making is poor at times missing the proper reads or simply passing them up. He's prototypicl NFL size and all, but with such poor footwork it pulls him out of position to make passes catchable. Drake M is a project (2 years, not a turn the key Franchise NFL QB).

CW is a jerk. Nobody likes him, giving off Ryan Leaf vibes. Do you want that guy leading the locker room??

I would guess Drake is the best pick and I wouldn't be surprised if neither one of these guys become NFL Franchise QBs.

5 minutes ago, Veretax said:

Nothing to be sorry about—you asked a question and I tried to supply you with an answer, there’s months of breakdowns of these QB’s on these boards if you’re interested in reading people’s documented thoughts—including in relation to Howell. There will be plenty more posts to come as well, of course.

26 minutes ago, rumplestilskin said:

Maye all day. Also I would pick him over Williams. I don't trust the character that Williams is for longevity.

I’m not saying you’re off on your assessment but people had character issues about Micah Parsons also. 

• Thumb up 2

1 minute ago, TheShredder said:

Drake M doesn't even have to deliver the play in the huddle as it's signalled in from the sideline each play. Drake's feet and drift are abismal and his decision making is poor at times missing the proper reads or simply passing them up. He's prototypicl NFL size and all, but with such poor footwork it pulls him out of position to make passes catchable. Drake M is a project (2 years, not a turn the key Franchise NFL QB).

CW is a jerk. Nobody likes him, giving off Ryan Leaf vibes. Do you want that guy leading the locker room??

I would guess Drake is the best pick and I wouldn't be surprised if neither one of these guys become NFL Franchise QBs.

Bottom line is those two have all the tools to becoming a franchise QB. And that alone is why we need to draft them , they have all the tools to succeed. 

• Thumb down 1

1 hour ago, bearrock said:

With Dallas playing for the conference?  Seriously doubt that.

This looks like a sure-fire lock if there ever was any.

For the first time in my life I'm thinking about betting against WSH just as revenge for all the unwanted stress they given me LOL

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Compare the stats. Watch the film.

It shouldn’t be a 5th round vs a 1st rounder. Both should have/should be mid first rounders. 

They are nearly identical statistically. It’s scary. 

Maye has the size to push a mid first into a top 5 value. Otherwise, that’s where Howell should have gone, too. But people weee concerned with his size.

Stats never tell the whole story especially in college football.

If Howell had continued his progression this year the argument that he should have been a first round pick would be a good assessment in hindsight but since he didn't it's kind of a bad assessment in hindsight isn't it?

Obviously nobody knows for sure what maye is going to do, it's a total crapshoot and for every Stroud there always seems to be 3 zach Wilson's but the fact that Howell went in the 5th and maye is going to be a top 5 and most likely top 3 pick would seem to suggest that they don't compare in everything but size.

Just now, redskinss said:

Stats never tell the whole story especially in college football.

If Howell had continued his progression this year the argument that he should have been a first round pick would be a good assessment in hindsight but since he didn't it's kind of a bad assessment in hindsight isn't it?

Obviously nobody knows for sure what maye is going to do, it's a total crapshoot and for every Stroud there always seems to be 3 zach Wilson's but the fact that Howell went in the 5th and maye is going to be a top 5 and most likely top 3 pick would seem to suggest that they don't compare in everything but size.

Did you read what I said? Look at the stats. Watch the film.

Why go on a diatribe explaining what I just said?

Long few months…

• Thumb up 1