Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 NFL Draft Position/Tracker - Final Pick #2

zCommander

30 minutes ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

Doesn't Harris own like 30% of the team? His partners have given him managing control, but he certainly has to have a different style of ownership vis a vis his partners than someone who own a majority stake outright. 

There’s no difference, functionally. The other 70% can’t vote to overrule him or anything, in the NFL. They aren’t “letting” him be the managing owner as if they all decided on him, that was central to the ownership group forming and these minority share holders being part of the group in the first place. And they can’t sell their shares to each other to create a new majority owner without the NFL’s approval (which just wouldn’t happen). So functionally it just doesn’t matter whether he has 90% or 30%, there are other owners in the league in the same situation and most fanbases don’t even pay attention to who their minority share owners are. We do because we’ve been obsessively following the Snyder saga hoping he would sell forever, and one of our minority share owners is famous. But it doesn’t really matter outside of whatever collaboration Harris feels like undertaking. People have assumed that Rales will be leaned on for Stadium and real estate stuff, Magic as a face for media relations stuff. But we don’t really know this early on how visible or not they’ll be, I guess. 

Harris had 5% of the Steelers franchise and nobody cared at all, nobody expected that he had influence there. 

• Thumb up 1

Tough schedule left I think we have a shot at a top 5 pick.

As much as I whined about the need for tackle help. Considering it’s looking like a deep draft for that spot and we have two high 2nd round picks, I don’t think I’d pass on Marvin Harrison Jr. if he’s at our pick, that dude is insane.

I love Bowers too but that would be a tougher call  for me versus the Penn State tackle or Alt.  Harrison I don’t think I could pass over. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Does it matter where we draft? Just like I said in the Giants Commanders Predictions thread earlier in the week … until this team can show me differently that they can do better they will find someway somehow to mess up the draft, I mean when a franchise QB in Justin Herbert was sitting there for the taking and they decided to pick a DE  in Chase Young over him please … and I know come draft time (hopefully at least) there will be a entire new FO but that could be a crap shoot being it will more then likely be their first ever…

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

As much as I whined about the need for tackle help. Considering it’s looking like a deep draft for that spot and we have two high 2nd round picks, I don’t think I’d pass on Marvin Harrison Jr. if he’s at our pick, that dude is insane.

I love Bowers too but that would be a tougher call  for me versus the Penn State tackle or Alt.  Harrison I don’t think I could pass over. 

Based on today alone, we don't need a tough schedule to get a top 5 pick, and this team is heading down down down. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Looking at the records, tiebreakers and glancing at other teams' schedules, my guess right now would be that we'd pick 4 or 5 if we lose out. But I doubt we do. 

1 hour ago, clskinsfan said:

No chance. He completely changes our offense. Imagine Terry being a number two to that monster. 

He's the best WR prospect I can ever recall. 

1 hour ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

Looking at the records, tiebreakers and glancing at other teams' schedules, my guess right now would be that we'd pick 4 or 5 if we lose out. But I doubt we do. 

Maybe.  I got to look at the other schedules for the teams also in the running for high picks but am too lazy to do it now.  But to your point, I agree we likely sneak a win and maybe 2 somewhere.  I think though 2 tops. 

1 hour ago, Command The 414 said:

Does it matter where we draft? Just like I said in the Giants Commanders Predictions thread earlier in the week … until this team can show me differently that they can do better they will find someway somehow to mess up the draft, I mean when a franchise QB in Justin Herbert was sitting there for the taking and they decided to pick a DE  in Chase Young over him please … and I know come draft time (hopefully at least) there will be a entire new FO but that could be a crap shoot being it will more then likely be their first ever…

It does.  We likely have a first rate GM making the picks for a change.

Not a politician, not a buffoon like Vinny, not a retread coach playing GM.

We've had McDonalds level chefs being asked to make a gourmet meal so its no mystery why these regimes have failed.  The next regime won't be apples to apples to that.  Harris isn't Dan. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Maybe.  I got to look at the other schedules for the teams also in the running for high picks but am too lazy to do it now.  But to your point, I agree we likely sneak a win and maybe 2 somewhere.  I think though 2 tops. 

Yeah, it's not like I have done an exhaustive look at who is gonna win what or anything (for what little that would have been worth) and the tiebreaker keep changing. 

I would think 2 at most, but Dallas might be phoning it in last game and I won't underestimate Ron's ability to screw this team's future. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

Yeah, it's not like I have done an exhaustive look at who is gonna win what or anything (for what little that would have been worth) and the tiebreaker keep changing. 

I would think 2 at most, but Dallas might be phoning it in last game and I won't underestimate Ron's ability to screw this team's future. 

Yeah it would probably be something random like they beat the Dolphins and Ron will crow that while the season hasn't gone well, he found the QB and games like that showcase how good this team will be or something like that.

But I am rooting for this team to lose out.    Last years draft was kind of a dud as for exciting prospects in the top 10.  This coming one on paper at least is the most exciting one I can recall in eons.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1

I see one more win on the schedule, likely against the Jets.  I’ll never underestimate Ron’s ability to win a meaningless game, but my hope is he won’t be here coaching what is unlikely to be a meaningful game for Dallas come week 18.

History indicates Harris won’t fire guys in-season but I think at some point, likely the bye week, you have to start cleaning house.  Not because he wants to, but because he needs to.

Edited by BatteredFanSyndrome

Sticking to this draft.  Forgot who said it but some person who works in personnel or worked in it said recently on a podcast I listened to that this is the draft to have high picks, its loaded.

The Ron regime is the last stink of the Dan era.  I am very optimistic about the future next year when we have a true fresh start.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

3 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I see one more win on the schedule, likely against the Jets.  I’ll never underestimate Ron’s ability to win a meaningless game, but my hope is he won’t be here coaching what is unlikely to be a meaningful game for Dallas come week 18.

History indicates Harris won’t fire guys in-season but I think at some point, likely the bye week, you have to start cleaning house.  Not because he wants to, but because he needs to.

My position on that remains- if I think firing Ron loses us more games and gets us a better draft pick, then I do it. If it's the opposite, then I don't.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

100 percent agree on the Marvin Harrison jr and Bower take . 

Just now, Rufus T Firefly said:

My position on that remains- if I think firing Ron loses us more games and gets us a better draft pick, then I do it. If it's the opposite, then I don't.

This thing has all the makings of a locker room that is checked out.  An embarrassing loss on Thanksgiving, 10 days to marinate on that and an ass-whooping by the Dolphins and I don’t see how Rivera survives the bye.  Even if better serves draft position to keep him on.

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Trade down a spot or two, draft the tackle and gain another top 60 pick maybe?

I get BPA.  But if the QB is looking up at the stadium lights or into the sky, Jerry Rice could be on the team and it wouldn’t matter. 

Just now, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

This thing has all the makings of a locker room that is checked out.  An embarrassing loss on Thanksgiving, 10 days to marinate on that and an ass-whooping by the Dolphins and I don’t see how Rivera survives the bye.  Even if better serves draft position to keep him on.

I mean, you're making my case for me. If he's lost the locker room and everything falls apart, great. No way I fire him to win a couple of meaningless games and screw up the team's future assets.