Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Bob Menendez arrest watch. Menendez to resign after being convicted of taking bribes

Cooked Crack

My 2 thoughts at this early stage of the (second) Menendez affair:

1.  I have a suspicion that, while what he did was wrong, he set things up such that it will be difficult to actually convict him of the worst charges; and

2.  The standard for continuing to be a US Senator (at least for Democrats) is higher than "indicted on serious charges but not convicted."

• Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

23 hours ago, Cooked Crack said:

14 hours ago, Barry.Randolphe said:

I like how he's playing the 'Cuban' card on this too :ols: 

A couple points made by Lawrence O'Donnell last night in response to Menendez' lame excuse about a long time Cuban-family fear of money in banks being taken...

Menendez was born in New York City.  His parents moved to the U.S. from Cuba BEFORE Castro and the communists took over.  Also, if he has such a deep-seated distrust of American banks, why the **** is on the Senate Banking and Finance Committees?

• Like 5
  • Haha 4

John Fetterman is the gift that keeps on giving...

That response in having flashlights instead is the level of savagery their party sourly needs right now.

Booker told him to GTFO today as well, rightfully so as fellow state senator your same party governor is done as well.

Edited by Renegade7
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

Have we seen the search warrant or did I miss it?

Why was his home being searched? 

Given what we know about the gold and cash they found lying around in his home, I have to assume that part of the reason for the search was him coming to work dressed like this:

Adult-Gold-Hustlah-Pimp-Costume-large.jpg

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, skinsmarydu said:

Have we seen the search warrant or did I miss it?

Why was his home being searched? 

Here's DOJ's summary of the indictment, with a link at the bottom to the indictment itself:

Southern District of New York | U.S. Senator Robert Menendez, His Wife, And Three New Jersey Businessmen Charged With Bribery Offenses | United States Department of Justice

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Sent the following to my Senators.  Encourage everyone else to do it too.

Hello.  Lots of categories this could fit into but I strongly urge you to take WHATEVER action necessary to have Senator Menendez removed from all committee assignments AND to be removed from Congress by the quickest means necessary.  I vote Democrat and this will be top of mind come election season.  Please do what is right.  

• Thanks 1