Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread: The Commanders vs. The Bills

zCommander

I'm eager to see Howell's leadership emerge in bad times where he performs poorly.

How Sam takes accountability and reacts in these moments will go a long way in terms of how the locker room responds to him. A painful experience but an important opportunity in Howell's development.

• Like 2

Just now, MartinC said:

We get two good runs and can’t pass protect so we call pass plays??

I don’t see how anyone can’t think that the play calling is an issue because of the OL personnel and our OL is BY FAR the biggest problem on this team. Howell has stunk today but the OL has been horrendous.

• Like 3

I really hope Ron and his FO are grinding their teeth and realizing just how royally they screwed up on offense by not building a quality line.  YOu'd at least think Martin Mayhew, who played and won a SB behind the greatest OL in football history would know the value of building a premium unit.  

Just a complete and utter mismanagement and under appreciation by all involved.  Inexcusable.   Absolutely inexcusable in my book.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

20 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Against two teams that truly stink.

I like what we did out the half, begging them yo run more and they are and it looks better.

May jus be too little too late, and this online allowing so much pressure or straight lines is maddening...

Just now, KDawg said:

It might be. But I’m not seeing anything open underneath on first watch. Maybe it’s there and I’m just not focused on it. 

Have you seen quick stuff open?

Also, Howell got out quick on that and still sacked. Our OL is just not good.

I think there is stuff open here and there but it has to be right in rhythm.  Open is position.  So the ball would need to come out before the cut.  

I think if you had an experienced Howell vs a 4th game Howell, this game looks massively different even if everything else is equal.