Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Dan Snyders top GOOD moments (Not many!)

TMK9973

On 7/24/2023 at 10:38 AM, profusion said:

Shanahan/Allen was a combination that might have worked if Bruce had stayed in his lane, Mike had been better at picking players, and Dan had stayed on his yacht.

Shanahan was another of those splashy hirings that Dan loved. He was always chasing the guy who'd been a big deal five years earlier rather than the one who'd be the next big deal. That's a marketing-first mindset at work.

I honestly don't think Shanny would have done much better had Snyder/Allen not meddled. Shanny's success had more to do with having John Elway and Terrell Davis, I believe. We're seeing the same dynamic with Bill Belichick since Tom Brady took off...ol' Bill is starting to look more like his Cleveland coaching days.

The only coach who came here who would have legitimately had a shot was Schottenheimer, if there was no meddling. Of course, we would have gone 12-4 every year and then lost in the first round at home...but that would have been better than what we ultimately got with Gibbs 2.0, Zorny, etc.

2 hours ago, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

I honestly don't think Shanny would have done much better had Snyder/Allen not meddled. Shanny's success had more to do with having John Elway and Terrell Davis, I believe. We're seeing the same dynamic with Bill Belichick since Tom Brady took off...ol' Bill is starting to look more like his Cleveland coaching days.

I think the plan was for Mike Shanahan to rebuild us and restore us a bit before letting his son take over and and elevate us to the next level. Unfortunately the RG3 saga and Snyder toxicity ruined that, but you're seeing what Kyle has done with the 49ers.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Okay. Dan's top good moments.  Well there was.......oh yeah there that one time whe............so that one season Dan............Well of course there was the time he..........

Get back to ya on this.  :) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

This may not be a good moment for Snyder...but would certainly be good for us! Probably won't happen though...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2023/08/16/daniel-snyder-investigation-doj-raskin/

Rep. Jamie Raskin (D-Md.) wrote in an eight-page letter Wednesday to Rep. James Comer (R-Ky.), the chairman of the House Committee on Oversight and Accountability, that the Department of Justice should investigate Snyder for lying under oath and obstructing the committee’s investigation.

“Making false statements to Congress and obstructing Congressional investigations are serious crimes,” Raskin wrote in the letter, a copy of which The Washington Post obtained. “This Committee cannot conduct effective oversight if witnesses misrepresent and obscure the truth. I therefore urge you to hold Mr. Snyder accountable by referring him to the Department of Justice for investigation and, if warranted, prosecution, for lying under oath and obstructing this Committee’s investigation.”

According to the report, Snyder “obstructed” the committee’s investigation and failed to fulfill his attorney’s pledge that he would provide full and complete testimony. The report also said Snyder “engaged in a series of attempts to interfere with the Committee’s investigation” and that he “publicly assailed witnesses, refused to release former employees from their confidentiality obligations, and blocked the Committee’s access to tens of thousands of documents collected during” a previous NFL investigation conducted by Wilkinson.

• Jumbo locked this topic