Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2023 Offseason Mini Camp, OTA’s, Training Camp Discussion Thread: Hallelujah, Josh Harris & Co. Era Edition

Conn

6 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Yeah, it could also be health for the season.

I think you undervalue the value of a very skilled starting CB though.  I think there's a higher value than a 5th round pick. That said, I don't think they're trading ANYBODY for future picks.  Why would they?  They need to win now, not build for the future. I could see them flipping a piece for an OT though.  If they could flip Fuller for a starting tackle, maybe flip Leno from Left to right, that might be a good thing overall.  

I personally think you can't have enough CBs ever. That said, I also think you can't have enough OL ever also.  So, if they traded for an OL and had to give up a CB, I'd be ok with it.

I wouldn't be ok trading a CB for a pick unless it was a 1st or 2nd though.  

I can’t think of a team that would currently trade a starting tackle who would be an upgrade. These guys only seem to get moved when they are disgruntled.

1 hour ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I think Samuel not getting in the game a lot was kindof interesting. It seems like Brown is pushing Samuel for the 3rd WR option.  Which is both good and interesting.  Good because that means just letting Samuel go at the end of the season is a lot easier, interesting because Brown has been somewhere between irrelevant and invisible the last 2 seasons.  Good seeing him develop.  I wonder how much of that is him, and how much was REDACTED not having the arm to really use his strengths.  

I think Samuel pushes Mcclaurin for most touches in the season. Pure speculation, but keeping his role completely under wraps. He seems like a EB type player through and through: tough, physical, explosive and multidimensional. Getting the all to guys in space is of high priority and there’s no one better than Samuel.

No way to know until live bullets, but hoping Samuel balls out (not implying at all you aren’t, obviously). 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, wit33 said:

I think Samuel pushes Mcclaurin for most touches in the season. Pure speculation, but keeping his role completely under wraps. He seems like a EB type player through and through: tough, physical, explosive and multidimensional. Getting the all to guys in space is of high priority and there’s no one better than Samuel.

No way to know until live bullets, but hoping Samuel balls out (not implying at all you aren’t, obviously). 

I agree, this is a huuuge year for him in his career. How many know that Terry is 2 months older than Curtis Samuel? CS turned 27 on 8/11.

• Thanks 1

Re-watching the game right now on NFL Network and the Ravens TE's had their way with us all night. Go routes right down the middle of the field for big gains and easy TD's in the redzone. Maybe one of them gets cut and we grab him?

1 minute ago, LetThePointsSoar said:

Do we know any updates on Terry Mac toe injury or Dyami's concussion? 

Good news just came out on this....he's got a sprained toe. MRI was encouraging

• Thanks 3

8 minutes ago, wit33 said:

Judging by camp reports and preseason, I'd be surprised.  It wouldn't surprise me though if Dotson rivaled Terry.  Dotson has been targeted a lot in camp and in the preseason.

As for Curtis, i'd be surprised if he puts up big numbers considering all the weapons they can distribute to -- only so many targets to spread around.

But I am guessing the cool factor will be amped with Samuel as for trick plays, etc.  Heard multiple times they've used Samuel as the Qb in the wildcat in practice for example.

• Like 2

That can't be true, can it?

How is the snapper, who's putting spin on the ball and launching it in a horizontal trajectory supposed to be able to control where the laces are once its caught and moved into a vertical position?

Did I miss a ton of sarcasm in that video?

Because it didn't sound sarcastic. 

5 minutes ago, redskinss said:

That can't be true, can it?

How is the snapper, who's putting spin on the ball and launching it in a horizontal trajectory supposed to be able to control where the laces are once its caught and moved into a vertical position?

Did I miss a ton of sarcasm in that video?

Because it didn't sound sarcastic. 

There was an interesting bit about this between Rodgers and Schweitzer in the last Hard Knocks actually. Rodgers was telling him how he likes the snap in Shotgun, basically the old school one flip and it’s in the hands (where the Center can control where the laces land more easily) rather than the horizontal tight spin technique. 

Maybe it’s like that 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Conn said:

There was an interesting bit about this between Rodgers and Schweitzer in the last Hard Knocks actually. Rodgers was telling him how he likes the snap in Shotgun, basically the old school one flip and it’s in the hands (where the Center can control where the laces land more easily) rather than the horizontal tight spin technique. 

Maybe it’s like that 

The first time I watched professional cornhole on ESPN I stopped doubting what pros can make look ridiculously easy but this seems crazy that you can have that level of control consistently enough to rely on it.

But I don't doubt the possibility. 

1 hour ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Could be a backup tackle for somebody else who would be a starter for us…

Can you think of a backup tackle who would be an upgrade to start over the $8M a year guy who could be on the block? If you think of one, it is more likely than not that that team is not going to let that depth go. Legit NFL starting OTs are not sitting on benches and this position has the worst depth in the league outside of QBs.

I just read up on Brycen Tremayne, WR in camp out of Stanford and see that they gave him 100 grand guaranteed just to sign as an UDFA. That makes him a lock for the PS right?

He had some nice catches on the final drive last night for what it's worth. I'll bet the coaches are really gonna struggle with some cuts this year, so many good young players with good character.