Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2023 Offseason Mini Camp, OTA’s, Training Camp Discussion Thread: Hallelujah, Josh Harris & Co. Era Edition

Conn

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Damn. That’s the kind of injury that can linger. 

Let’s hope it’s mild!

47 minutes ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

I got turf toe on both feet at the same time, being dragged down the field by a fullback. I put some really good stuff on tape back in the day. 😆

At least you hung on. Showed some ‘want to’.

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, TradeTheBeal! said:

It is compared to a plantar issue like Garcon had all year long in 2012.

Garcon came back and was on pace for a 1,000 yard season in his per-game averages post-injury.

I hope his is mild and heals in a month, but it's also not something you can "gut out" and expect to heal while doing so. Michael Thomas on the Saints had turf toe, supposedly mild, but it never healed right and eventually he needed season ending surgery. Healing time varies wildly for mild Turf Toe. On the other hand, I think Davante Adams had a mild one and was back on the field playing to a high level pretty quickly. How a Turf Toe heals seems more random than anything predictable.

3 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Turf toe doesn't really affect your ability to play. He's just gotta tough it out and play through pain but its not like a knee or ankle where you're noticeably slower or less explosive. Its just gonna hurt like heck for a few weeks.

Just let him rest until he's ready. No need to rush him back and risk further injury.

• Like 1

What do we do with Jaret Patterson? Practice squad? That was a great TD he had last night, I had actually forgot we had him. 

Also, it seems as though we have a deep group of WR's including Milne, Pringle, Tinsley and Kaz Allen. Samuel hardly got in the mix last night while Dyami Brown did.

Our practice squad is gonna be pretty solid at this rate. Jonathon Williams can still run too for RB depth. 

15 minutes ago, Bantu said:

Obviously, but I'm saying Dotson may take over even with TM healthy

Nah. Dotson looks like he’s going to be really good - but let’s not forget just how good Terry is. 

That said having a 1A and 1B is going to be very very good for a young QB.

• Thanks 3

16 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Turf toe doesn't really affect your ability to play. He's just gotta tough it out and play through pain but its not like a knee or ankle where you're noticeably slower or less explosive. Its just gonna hurt like heck for a few weeks.

That's not true. It definitely saps your explosive movement.

1 hour ago, Tress Is The Way said:

Depending on the grade of it, two to three week recovery time. Shut him down until the regular season

Even if he's feeling better by week 1, I wouldnt be opposed to sitting him that first game against Arizona. Don't want to, but if it's one team I'd feel somewhat confident in going against without Terry, it would be Arizona. 

8 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

Basically pick two between Williams, Patterson and Gore for PS.

Can't really go wrong. They are all quality PS guys who you would not be afraid to call up for spot duty.

Patterson had a very good game against Dallas last game of last season. Has some good tape out there out played Williams in that game, hope we keep him on practice squad. Very Quick but not all that fast for small size.