Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2023 Offseason Mini Camp, OTA’s, Training Camp Discussion Thread: Hallelujah, Josh Harris & Co. Era Edition

Conn

1 hour ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I wonder what that means for Bram.  I assume he’ll call games this season, but Julie hired him.  There will be changes across the organization.  

Julie did have a position which in all likelihood Harris knows somebody he would like to fill that role from other sports owning experience. 

I hope Julie lands in her feet.  She’s a professional. I’ve always liked her in a variety of positions over the last bunch of years.  

That's kinda shocking - I thought the production coming out of the Commanders media team was pretty awesome.  All of the draft stuff was top notch.

11 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I more have passion against the doom and gloop prognosticators who really don’t know what they’re talking about than defending the group.

They might turn out it be right, but that’s less a function of them knowing anything and more a function of the odds on favorite for any OL is to not being good. 

You expect them to win 10 games.  You are optimstic about the O line.  You think the unit will do better I presume by a decent margin.  Those are some strong positions.   But then...

Yet you cover yourself so you are right no matter what happens by couching your position as no one knows the answer they can be good or bad and you just want to call out the pessimists even though they might be right.    So your other position is whomever predicts could be wrong and imply that those who are predicting suggest that their predictions are facts and your stand is they aren't facts -- as if that's a debatable point. 

It will be like me saying I think Chase Young will have a good season.  And for those who disagree they might be right, Chase might not be good, I don't know, I am just calling out the pessimists because their points suggest that their predictions are fact, and I am saying their predictions aren't fact. 

If so, I think I'd have every outcome covered, no way to be wrong.  And the predictions aren't facts point, is a killer strawman point, how can you be wrong on that one?

11 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I do hope the OL is good so I can rub it in their faces like Thor Nystrom being an absolute no-nothing fool for trashing the Dotson pick.  

I hear you but the rub in your face stuff doesn't seem to fly with anyone who knows anybody's here posting history.  We all get some big ones wrong.  I can think of three big ones with you without even trying.  I am sure others can do the same with me, etc.  

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

At DTC, or at the park?

I’d bypass the mall and go directly to camp, especially this early.

Do you think they'd allow uber drop offs at the park or across the road?   I am doing it sans a car.   Otherwise tomorrow I guess i need to get in line by 7 am

• Thumb up 1

31 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Yet you cover yourself so you are right no matter what happens by couching your position as no one knows the answer they can be good or bad and you just want to call out the pessimists even though they might be right.    So your other position is whomever predicts could be wrong and imply that those who are predicting think their predictions are facts -- as if that's a debatable point normally. :ols:

I caught that too.  🤣. Even thought maybe I read it wrong and had to read it back.

Basically if you are negative on the OL, your analysis is wrong no matter what happens but if it’s good- those who predicted that are correct.  

I don’t even think it takes much in-depth analysis to come the the conclusion that the OL would be the likely reason things go sideways.  They were bad last season and we invested little to improve it.  They are tasked with protecting a guy with 1 NFL start under his belt in an entirely new system for everyone.  Certainly wouldn’t be news if they end up the weak link that sinks the entire offense and potentially Sam’s career.

My optimism for the season is based entirely in homerism that has escaped me for well over a decade.  It’s based on “feel”, that the positive vibes around this team won’t allow for a bad season.  We essentially need the vibes to overpower the logic.

9 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Do you think they'd allow uber drop offs at the park or across the road?   I am doing it sans a car.   Otherwise tomorrow I guess i need to get in line by 7 am

I don’t see how they could stop you.  I saw people getting dropped off on the road and walking in.

Edited by BatteredFanSyndrome
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I caught that too.  🤣. Even thought maybe I read it wrong and had to read it back.

Basically if you are negative on the OL, your analysis is wrong no matter what happens but if it’s good- those who predicted that are correct.  

I don’t even think it takes much in-depth analysis to come the the conclusion that the OL would be the likely reason things go sideways.  They were bad last season and we invested little to improve it.  They are tasked with protecting a guy with 1 NFL start under his belt in an entirely new system for everyone.  Certainly wouldn’t be news if they end up the weak link that sinks the entire offense and potentially Sam’s career.

Yep.  The O line I think ends up the albatross that keeps this team out of the playoffs.  But hopefully i am wrong. 

I don't think it takes much imagination to see that on paper at least its a weak unit.  And I am not rooting to be right.  I don't care about the right and wrong stuff later on.  Anyone that takes a stand on enough things, will get some right or wrong as to personnel.  I always root for optimism -- unless it was something pro-Dan but thankfully that ship has sailed.   

But yeah if the point is let argue not just about the O line but it's just as much about opinions (predictions) aren't facts.  Then you got no way to lose.  I don't think anyone here even hints that their opinion is a fact on anything.    Water is wet.  The sun is hot.   And yes opinions aren't facts.

22 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I don’t see how they could stop you.  I saw people getting dropped off on the road and walking in.

What hit me is I recall the guard gate there, so don't know if they say anything if you got to walk by them.

15 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I don't think it takes much imagination to see that on paper at least its a weak unit.  And I am not rooting to be right. 

I agree. And it's an issue that will be magnified this season 6 fold. It's how a DC attacks a rookie QB, blitz TF out of them, and then blitz some more. Even average O-lines can look bad when this happens and it will happen repeatedly until Sam makes a defense pay for being in his backyard. How often we stay out of 3rd and long may be one of the best predictors of how well our O-line looks this year.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

hear you but the rub in your face stuff doesn't seem to fly with anyone who knows anybody's here posting history.  We all get some big ones wrong.  I can think of three big ones with you without even trying.  I am sure others can do the same with me, etc.  

I wasn’t talking about posters.  More the self proclaimed experts who know nothing….

52 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

What hit me is I recall the guard gate there, so don't know if they say anything if you got to walk by them.

The guard gate was pretty inactive Thursday, but even if they were there - they wouldn’t know how you got there by the time you make it to them.  I’d have Uber drop you on the main road and just walk through the parking lot past the guard shack on in.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I wasn’t talking about posters.  More the self proclaimed experts who know nothing….

Even them.  They will be right and we will be wrong.   Sometimes vice versa.  But betting on pessimism with this team has been more of a winning bet.  They were trashing the Wentz deal and trashing his fit here for example.  Many of them yawned about this team's off seasons and various new beginnings at QB -- many of us fired back about them being haters and not getting it.  None of that has aged well.

• Like 1

Catching up with Keim's last podcast.  not much.

A.  Quan Martin.  That's Keim's clear man crush so far.  Smart.  Patient.  Looks good.

B.  Offense wasn't hot yesterday.

C.  Chase is looking good, he was lined up yesterday mostly against Leno.

D.  They expect Dyami to look better with Bieniemy

• Like 1

I wish LG was just an open competition.  We've got four or five guys who can play the position.  Give them all a shot

I also wonder if any of our depth pieces on the DL might be good enough to swing a player for player trade

• Like 1