Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2023 Offseason Mini Camp, OTA’s, Training Camp Discussion Thread: Hallelujah, Josh Harris & Co. Era Edition

Conn

It brings warmth to my heart to see the fans back.

59 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

I fully expect a season of quick 1 and 3 step drops and short throws to protect the OL and the young QB.  I am prepared for a really boring offense but I guess it's necessary.  

It doesn’t have to be boring if it’s efficient.  

And if it gets guys open to make yards in space.

Jerry Rice probably caught 1/3 of his passes within 7 yards of the LOS.  

Edited by Voice_of_Reason
  • Like 11
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

14 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

I fully expect a season of quick 1 and 3 step drops and short throws to protect the OL and the young QB.  I am prepared for a really boring offense but I guess it's necessary.  

easy completions haven’t been a large part of my fan experience, I won’t find it boring at all if it’s done well 

• Like 5
  • Haha 4
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

14 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I really like Dyami today 

Ron said in a presser yesterday he and Sam basically spent the whole off season together.  

That has to help. He has the tools.  In a better scheme with (hopefully) better QB play, he should be much more productive.

If he could get to 40 catches for the season,  which is between 2-3 a game, that would do wonders for the variety of the offense.  

Just give teams something else to think about.

• Like 7

Ron actually praised the OL in the presser yesterday saying it was good to see them improve.  

I wonder if there is a tipping point where if they see the OL can’t do it, they start brining guys in.  Or looking for trades, or whatever. 

I don’t think they can wait until roster cuts to being guys in.  So if they think the OL won’t get there, I wonder when they realize that.  Assuming they come to that conclusion….

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

They are absolutely going to take shots when they are there with these weapons and Sams arm. Outside of the Oline there is no reason we shouldn’t. And even then all the short stuff sets the defense up for that more than anything else we could do would. 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Ron actually praised the OL in the presser yesterday saying it was good to see them improve

Not high praise that's for sure.

Without context that could mean they went from atrocious to bad.

• Haha 4

33 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

Whatever Bates usage rate was last year, I'd bet it goes up this year. Could lead to an expanded passing role via leak-outs for the guy tho.

Good stock to invest in.

I think Turner is more likely to be the breakout TE than Bates. Bates is a solid #2/blocking TE but I don't see much of a receiving threat. He has no real explosiveness or wiggle.