Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander

46 minutes ago, Redskins 2021 said:

There could be as many as 8 first rd Ot. We really need to make sure we get one.

It would require sacrificing our early 3rd.  I’m not doing that.  I’d rather be patient and let the chips fall where they may.  Heck, I think we sign a stopgap like Donovan Smith soon anyways

6 hours ago, Going Commando said:

I think Ethan Driskell is super underrated too.

He is I agree. There are quite a few Day 3 OT's that I think will eventually be mainstays in the league for a long time. My favorite is Eastern Kentucky's LT Josiah Ezirim. I also think both Maryland OT's are very good values on Day 3. 

7 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

Kiran, Kingsly, Fisher and Paul I'd really love in the late second/early third. 

I think we can get an impact skill position player at 36, but I still wouldn't mind trading back to later in the second for a later 3rd/early 4rth.

The talent from the mid second to the early fourth is going to be packed with day one starters at a ton of different positions.

I'm also hoping we can come away with Grey, Cooper or Wilson day too.

Also, my biggest wants are the two TEs I've been stuck on this entire offseason in Sinnott and Cupp.

I find it hard to argue the trade backs from 36 and/or 40 unless there's a surprise dropper.

They will be in a prime spot to grab on of those top LB's but will they take them over other need positions. It will be interesting to see if they pull the trigger on one of them

Sinnott's my favorite TE and would be thrilled if they picked him up in the 3rd. It feels to me like they want Sanders. You have been on Cupp for months.

10 hours ago, Going Commando said:

IMO the only OT in this year's class who is a strong bet to become an elite player is Fuaga.

Amen! He is for sure in my eyes as well. My favorite player in the draft for months. I have Fashanu and Latham close in grades but I have a lot of trouble with Latham not participating in any testings

3 hours ago, Redskins 2021 said:

I could see Paul going in first rd alot of teams like him from what I have been reading. I am hoping either him or Morgan from AZ are there for us in rd 2.

Wow, the 1st seems a little rich for Paul. I am however sure he is on a lot of teams radar with a number of other OT prospects

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, DWinzit said:

I find it hard to argue the trade backs from 36 and/or 40 unless there's a surprise dropper.

They will be in a prime spot to grab on of those top LB's but will they take them over other need positions. It will be interesting to see if they pull the trigger on one of them

Sinnott's my favorite TE and would be thrilled if they picked him up in the 3rd. It feels to me like they want Sanders. You have been on Cupp for months.

Amen! He is for sure in my eyes as well. My favorite player in the draft for months. I have Fashanu and Latham close in grades but I have a lot of trouble with Latham not participating in any testings

Wow, the 1st seems a little rich for Paul. I am however sure he is on a lot of teams radar with a number of other OT prospects

Latham is a trap. Alabama OTs tend to struggle. He’s huge, and moves decently. But when you put him against NFL elite edges he is going to struggle. He doesn’t have the movement. 

I wouldn’t draft him.

Fuaga has been my top RT since… I think forever. I still like Alt and Fashanu at RT as well.

I think there is a large fall off after those guys, though. 

I like Morgan as a potential guy and a developmental guy. Has all the traits. 

Don’t love the other tackles. I keep hearing everyone talk about them but I’m just not sold. I see potential in guys like Guyton, for sure, but I wouldn’t take him in the first.

Guard it’s Beebe and everyone else for me.

Still like Powers and Van Pran among a few others at C.

Edited by KDawg
  • Like 3

11 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I understand both arguments trading up and not.  I admit I'd be stoked if its Maye and Fashanu.  Heck even Daniels and Fashanu.

It'd be worth it to me if he were the player we traded those picks for.  I can see us possibly trading our second 2nd round pick #40 and our 2025 2nd to move up and select another OT that we like if he falls in the mid/late 20s in the 1st.  It also gives us the 5th year option.    

Yeah the LT position is slim pickings. I do think Fashanu will be able to handle it but never thought Latham could and I can't get the hype on Alt. You may be right, he'd be better on the right. But you wouldn't draft Latham at all? wow I watched him quite a bit, I get he is stiff but he shut down a hell of a lot of DL. Some had him moving to the left side but he doesn't have the feet or athleticism for the left side. 

Love Beebe! I think I'd stay clear of C in this draft and focus on other positions of need.

Edited by DWinzit

6 hours ago, Going Commando said:

What's wrong with Wallace?  I really liked the cut ups I saw from him.

I'm probably being unfair since he was the bookend to Fashanu, but he was a sieve by comparison.  You know that thing you hate to see with tackles where a DE has gotten upfield and the OT is desperately using one arm to keep them from turning the corner?  Wallace was good for that multiple times a game, especially against better defensive teams.

24 minutes ago, DWinzit said:

Yeah the LT position is slim pickings. I do think Fashanu will be able to handle it but never thought Latham could and I can't get the hype on Alt. You may be right, he'd be better on the right. But you wouldn't draft Latham at all? wow I watched him quite a bit, I get he is stiff but he shut down a hell of a lot of DL. Some had him moving to the left side but he doesn't have the feet or athleticism for the left side. 

Love Beebe! I think I'd stay clear of C in this draft and focus on other positions of need.

I have very few prospects that I am down on. Latham is one. I won’t deny he has some sort of potential. 

I just don’t think he’s going to realize it.

• Thanks 1

On 5/2/2023 at 4:52 PM, Chump Bailey said:

I want this guy - Donovan Jackson

2021 Texas Four-Star Offensive Tackle Donovan Jackson Commits To Ohio State  – Buckeye Sports Bulletin

And this guy - JJ McCarthy

image.jpeg.0562d9e7d8ba0de34fd5032b47fb3bf9.jpeg

Heck I was on McCarthy before it was cool.  I think one of my first posts last year on the draft thread was pumping up McCarthy. 

Time stamp please @Skinsinparadise 😝

25 minutes ago, DWinzit said:

LT: Morgan on the off chance he falls, otherwise Patrick Paul. 

Lot of options at RT:  Fisher, Wallace, Rosengarten, Foster.  Among others. 

3 minutes ago, Chump Bailey said:

Wow it was even earlier than I thought I said the fall but it was almost a full year ago

Screen Shot 2024-04-19 at 8.07.32 PM.png

4 minutes ago, Chump Bailey said:

He was the 2nd player I pumped up.

The first one was Blake Fisher.  Wow I don't recall that.  Now I got to put him on my guys list.  :ols:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

I prefer we stand pat or even trade down a little for one of our second and third rounders.

Having 6 picks in top 100 is an opportunity to find at least 4 starters. If we can get 4 or even all 6, that would be a historic draft.

Damn right. And Peters is supposed to be a GM who does his best work in the later rounds!!!!! We may pull 8 starters out of this draft alone.....

10 hours ago, mhd24 said:

It would require sacrificing our early 3rd.  I’m not doing that.  I’d rather be patient and let the chips fall where they may.  Heck, I think we sign a stopgap like Donovan Smith soon anyways

36 and 100 might get us to 29 and Detroit’s pick. 

Got to think getting a QB and OT would be considered an absolute nailed early draft return.

We can easily trade back with pick 78 for example to acquire an extra pick in the 4th round. Stacks of options. No way we should just sit at 36 or 40 if a great opportunity is there to strike. 

But that approach doesn’t have to be a given. Just have to see what unfolds.

2 hours ago, Est.1974 said:

36 and 100 might get us to 29 and Detroit’s pick. 

Got to think getting a QB and OT would be considered an absolute nailed early draft return.

We can easily trade back with pick 78 for example to acquire an extra pick in the 4th round. Stacks of options. No way we should just sit at 36 or 40 if a great opportunity is there to strike. 

But that approach doesn’t have to be a given. Just have to see what unfolds.

I don't think 36+100 gets you to 29.

Just last year, the Titans had to trade 41+72+future 3rd to get #33.

In 2022, the Jags traded 33+106+180 for 27.  That's probably the closest in trade value.  We don't even have our early 6th.  We'd have to trade the late 3rd (100)+mid 5th (we got in the Howell trade) to do a trade like that.  I'm not doing that.

I think Peters will want to hold at 36 expecting a value faller then look to trade out at 40 for a later 2nd and more picks.

The main faller I will be keeping an eye on is D Robinson.

There's a lot of like surrounding Jordan Morgan. It leads to this question:

If Jordan Morgan does fall to 36, are we better taking him or holding off and taking Paul. Kiran or Sumataia or someone else later.

40 minutes ago, DWinzit said:

I think Peters will want to hold at 36 expecting a value faller then look to trade out at 40 for a later 2nd and more picks.

The main faller I will be keeping an eye on is D Robinson.

There's a lot of like surrounding Jordan Morgan. It leads to this question:

If Jordan Morgan does fall to 36, are we better taking him or holding off and taking Paul. Kiran or Sumataia or someone else later.

Take both because Morgan is a G in the NFL.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mhd24 said:

They also got #81 back in that deal. 

And 33 is a bit of an exception to the trade value rules, since everybody has all night to put together offers and negotiate over the pick. Moving to 33 for a QB is always going to be a bit more pricey than other deals. 

I think the JAX example you referenced is a good one, but so is the deal that was made for the previous pick (#26 in 2022):

26 and 101 for 35, 69, and 163. 

I would do that deal all day long if Mims made it that far. Probably not for Guyton or Morgan.

Realistically, I think they’ll have to go up a bit further than that to get where they want to be (in range of one of the top 6 OTs). I think the goal would be to do 36 + 67 + 152 to get up into the 20-22 range. And then try to trade back from 40 (into the mid-50s). to recoup some capital. I just don’t think sitting at 36 and 40 fits the board and our particular needs. I really hope they’re more creative about moving around the board than the last group.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mhd24 said:

I don't think 36+100 gets you to 29.

In 2022, the Jags traded 33+106+180 for 27.  That's probably the closest in trade value.  We don't even have our early 6th.  We'd have to trade the late 3rd (100)+mid 5th (we got in the Howell trade) to do a trade like that.  I'm not doing that.

Might need an exchange of small change but it won’t be far out

This is my IOL ranking:

1 - Jackson Powers Johnson
2 - Cooper Beebe
3 - Christian Haynes
4 - Sedrick Van Pran
5 - Mason McCormick
6 - Zak Zinter
7 - Beaux Limmer
8 - Christian Mahogany
9 - Kingsley Eguakun
10 - Zach Frazier

This is not a deep IOL class.  It's going to be bolstered by OTs that end up playing inside, but even still, I struggled to find 10 players with top 100 viability.

• Like 1