Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander

11 minutes ago, Redskins 2021 said:

I was reading there 8 potential first round OT

Ive read anywhere from 8-12 could get first round grades. It’ll depend how our board looks and how the draft plays out.

• Thumb up 1

9 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

My OCD kinda wants me to see us collect a 4th rounder from somewhere.

I don't like having pics in the 1st 2nd 3rd and no 4ths.

I do like the idea of having five picks on Friday night though. I’m going to thoroughly enjoy myself that evening 🙂👍

• Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

33 minutes ago, seantaylor=god said:

Maybe add Patrick Paul and Kingsley Suamataia? Then you have all the big OTs covered from mid first to our seconds.

I watched both and did write ups on both. I seriously doubt they'd trade into the first for either.  So yeah it would be them sitting at 2nd.

In short IMO, Suamataia looks picture perfect for the job, good athlete, long enough arms -- below average player, I think he has to sit a year and grow.

Patrick Paul is my fav 2nd round type unless Morgan falls.  Freakish long arms -- 36 inch plus and knows how to use his length in pass protect, a bit raw especially in the run game, I also think he needs to sit a year.

Morgan IMO is pro ready.  Just short of 33 inch arms so not ideal but he's smooth, mirrors and anchors well.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

Craig Hoffman was talking about how there's roughly 90ish "starter" level guys in the draft this year, guys who could come in and make an immediate impact.  We now have 5 picks in that range, and one more juuuuust outside it with no draft capitol spent from any other years.

Technically 100+139 looks like it could get us up to 90 too, so that 5 picks in the top 90 and the ability to go get a 6th from within the draft is wild.

Almost a whole draft worth of players from within the top 90.  We are gonna get some really ****ing good players I am STOKED.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mhd24 said:

I actually think Rosengarten is an intriguing target in R2.  He won't make it to our 3rd round pick IMO.  He has LT experience and was moved to RT to protect Penix's blindside.  Admittedly, he did not have a great championship game, but I wouldn't hate taking him after a small trade down from one of our 2nds.

He hits me more of a RT.  If I went with the same thought 2nd-3rd rounder type RT to move to LT, maybe Christian Jones.  He played his first season at LT.  Has more length than Rosengarten.  34.5 inch arms.   Handled Braswell pretty well in one of his games I watched.

don't love him., plays a bit upright, doesn't always sustain his blocks well, would like to see him anchor better -- but he has his moments, looks like a good athlete.

He would need to bulk up some, though.  Ditto Rosengarten.

17 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I watched both and did write ups on both. I seriously doubt they'd trade into the first for either.  So yeah it would be them sitting at 2nd.

In short IMO, Suamataia looks picture perfect for the job, good athlete, long enough arms -- below average player, I think he has to sit a year and grow.

Patrick Paul is my fav 2nd round type unless Morgan falls.  Freakish long arms -- 36 inch plus and knows how to use his length in pass protect, a bit raw especially in the run game, I also think he needs to sit a year.

Morgan IMO is pro ready.  Just short of 33 inch arms so not ideal but he's smooth, mirrors and anchors well.

I think my guy might be Rosengarten.  I know he looked bad in the championship game, but he has LT experience and was moved to RT because Penix is a lefty.  I think he'll be there for sure at our 2nd rounders.  Heck, we could trade back and still get him.  

2 minutes ago, mhd24 said:

I think my guy might be Rosengarten.  I know he looked bad in the championship game, but he has LT experience and was moved to RT because Penix is a lefty.  I think he'll be there for sure at our 2nd rounders.  Heck, we could trade back and still get him.  

Looked up his stats, he has 3 career snaps at LT according to PFF.

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

He hits more of a RT.  If I went with the same thought 2nd-3rd rounder type RT to move to LT, maybe Christian Jones.  He played his first season at LT.  Has more length than Rosengarten.  34.5 inch arms.   Handled Braswell pretty well in one of his games I watched.

don't love him., plays a bit upright, doesn't always sustain his blocks well, would like to see him anchor better -- but he has his moments, looks like a good athlete.

He would need to bulk up some, though.  Ditto Rosengarten.

Haha, you just replied to my earlier post.  Yeah, an example of a deep trade up would be the Lions trading up for Jameson Williams a couple of years ago.  Detroit traded #32+#34+#66 for #12+#46.

Would you trade #36+#40+#67 for a pick in the early teens (to take the LT) and a mid-to latish 2nd rounder?  I'm not sure.

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

Looked up his stats, he has 3 career snaps at LT according to PFF.

Ah, I must be mistaken.  Was listening to Tony Pauline and he said Rosengarten could play LT because he has experience there.

17 minutes ago, mhd24 said:

Haha, you just replied to my earlier post.  Yeah, an example of a deep trade up would be the Lions trading up for Jameson Williams a couple of years ago.  Detroit traded #32+#34+#66 for #12+#46.

Would you trade #36+#40+#67 for a pick in the early teens (to take the LT) and a mid-to latish 2nd rounder?  I'm not sure.

Don't know.  I got to really dive in more.  I knew last years tackle class much better.  i am getting there on this class.  In general though when the idea is to move a RT to a LT, I'd like 34 inch arms.

I spent a lot of time on Fashanu months back.  If he drops to the late teens-early 20s I'd trade up, small hands notwithstanding.  He's a work in progress in the run game but IMO he's strong enough in pass protect.  Fauga is my guy but he strikes me much more a RT.  They seem desperate for a LT. 

If they sign a LT like T. Smith I'd probably chance it and stick to the picks they got.   I like Patrick Paul as a project to develop at LT.  He should be there in the 2nd or later.  I do like Rosengarten and Christian Jones at RT.  Got to watch Blake Fisher. 

I haven't watched Latham, Mims or Fautanu aside from in real time in 2 of those players cases.

Couldn't find enough to watch Amegadjie

Screen Shot 2024-03-14 at 8.10.36 PM.png

1 hour ago, Redskins 2021 said:

I was reading there 8 potential first round OT

If there are that many OTs going in the 1st around and maybe 4-5 QBs.   There are going to crazy amount of talent in other positions dropping to us in early 2nd round

Makes sense for us to get 2-3 year fix from FA so we can just flat out BPA with our picks.

Kingsley is probably my crush at 36. Like it’s been stated before I am not sure he is able to start year one. I believe his upside is probably top 4. Like someone posted before we are going to probably need to get in front of the teams at back end for first round.

May have already been posted, and obviously pile on the sodium but friend pointed me towards this:

Guyton probably in late first, and Legette allegedly late 2nd but I see random rumors about him rising.  Getting them both would be pretty hype if we could.

Tony Pauline is hit and miss

Screen Shot 2024-03-14 at 9.09.04 PM.png

Screen Shot 2024-03-14 at 9.09.11 PM.png

13 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Guyton is my guy

Freakish traits but boy IMO do I think we'd be in trouble if they threw him to the fire in season 1, super inconsistent and raw.  But very talented clearly.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Tony Pauline is hit and miss

Screen Shot 2024-03-14 at 9.09.04 PM.png

Screen Shot 2024-03-14 at 9.09.11 PM.png

Freakish traits but boy IMO do I think we'd be in trouble if they threw him to the fire in season 1, super inconsistent and raw.  But very talented clearly.

Pauline has really good NY sources.  Anything he says about the Jets is close to gospel.  

2 hours ago, FootballZombie said:

My OCD kinda wants me to see us collect a 4th rounder from somewhere.

I don't like having pics in the 1st 2nd 3rd and no 4ths.

Adam Peters is going to trade Tuddy for a 4th round pick 🤣

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

I do like the idea of having five picks on Friday night though. I’m going to thoroughly enjoy myself that evening 🙂👍

Five Pick Friday does have a nice ring to it.

What day is it?  It's FIVE PICK FRIDAY!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, KDawg said:

This is a classic case of film and testing not matching. At all. 

Agree. I was looking at him top of the second initially. Would love us to get him in the third round. I could see Joe Whitt being a fan of his playing style.