Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander

@clskinsfan there you go. All this QB and OL talk is boring……

Top 3 kickers :

1. Cam Little, Arkansas, 6-2, 179

Little is a tall kicker with a big leg. He was 20-for-24 on his field goal attempts this season but 4-for-5 from 50-plus. He never missed an extra point in college and had better than an 80 percent conversion percentage on field goals in all three seasons with the Razorbacks. His career field goal percentage of 82.8 shattered the school record previously held by Connor Limpert.

2. Will Reichard, Alabama, 6-1, 194

The NCAA's all-time career leader in points (547) earned SEC Special Teams Player of the Year honors for his performance in 2023. Reichard spent five seasons at Alabama and made 22 of his 25 field-goal attempts this past season with a long of 52.

3. Joshua Karty, Stanford, 6-2, 208

Karty possesses a great combination of leg strength and accuracy. He hit from 56 yards this past season and has a career long of 61 yards. He was 23-for-27 on field goals this past season and was 18-for-18 in 2022.

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

10 hours ago, NOLA2DC said:

I think a position like LT should be addressed in FA and the draft, regardless of who the pick at QB is. A rook QB, and it just doesn't sound like a good idea, especially when he's not to tier guy. 

I've talked plenty about tackles.  Not sure they have to double up on left tackle in FA and the draft.   Depends on what they do in FA.  Depends on who is available at LT. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Thumb up 1

8 hours ago, Conn said:

Yes, I know it’s your percentages, that’s the point of my post. There is no such thing as having a 50% chance at a HOF career. Many of the best prospects of all time are lucky to get 7-10 years in the league, and you need a lot more longevity than that to be a HOF player. And that isn’t even taking into account health, that’s purely talking about skillset and production allowing a long, elite career in a vacuum. But nothing happens in a vacuum. 

I’m not even saying you shouldn’t make your predictions btw, that’s fine. I hope you’re right, it’ll be fun to watch. Nothing against going with your gut.

I’m simply saying that if this is how you conceptualize the chances that a QB prospect hits vs the chances a WR prospect is a HOF level player—you have to be honest with yourself that it’s not logical. It’s pure gut. Just say you don’t love any of the QB’s and you prefer the elite WR prospect. People will still disagree, but it’s not cloaked in made up percentages as if you’re being more logical or rational about your opinion than anyone else. This is a direct quote from you:

[“So the question is, do you take a QB with a 50% chance or better at busting and pass on a receiver with a 50% chance or better of being in the Hall of Fame someday? 

As many times as this way of thinking has failed me in my life, I still believe in the percentages. I guess this makes me insane.”]

That’s not “the question”, because the entire premise is that you’re citing your made up percentages here like they mean anything, and then saying you “believe in the percentages” like there’s some valuable advanced analytics at work here. And then say “I guess this makes me insane” as if you’re the rational martyr that no one else will listen to. That’s a poor lens to view this through, imo. That’s my only point. The unrealistic percentages you’re making up for yourself give false confidence in your expected outcome, and the entire framework of your argument is basically that it’s an appeal to rationality. Instead of just being a shot in the dark guess.

Gee whiz! I give an opinion on a fan site, go to bed and wake up to a psycho analyzation as to why my opinion is flawed and wrong. It was an opinion at the end of the day- the percentages I threw out there were obviously my own made up numbers based on, as you said, my gut. 

The bottom line is that I'm not crazy about any of the QB's and think that Harrison is going to be an absolute star in the league- that's my opinion. Who cares what made up percentages I threw out? Obviously, you do. I'm as big of a fan of this team as anyone, but you take this stuff way too seriously brother. 

4 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

Rosengarten had the stong Senior Bowl right? Looks like another one destined to move inside IMO. 

Maybe.  I think he can work at RT still.  He's longer than Fauga and Morgan.  Could work at guard, too.    

• Like 3

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

Maybe.  I think he can work at RT still.  He's longer than Fauga and Morgan.  Could work at guard, too.    

I even saw conjecture that he is more comfortable at LT than RT and that's one reason he struggled in the championship game. He seems to have the athleticism and length for it. Not sure he has the toughness and meanness. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Rolo Tomasie said:

I even saw conjecture that he is more comfortable at LT than RT and that's one reason he struggled in the championship game. He seems to have the athleticism and length for it. Not sure he has the toughness and meanness. 

Might be better at guard in a zone scheme because his movement-agility stand out to me.  But IMO he needs to learn how to sustain his blocks in the run game.

As a pass protector, he's a bit sloppy but also feisty and recovers well.

He hits me as a bit of a tweener between the two spots -- guard and tackle.

Someone that a good O line coach like Callahan could develop.  Work in progress.  But I like the tools.  

4 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Yep Ladd is my dude at 36. Draft him and sign Jennings from the 9ers and baby we got a stew going.

Jennings is a restricted FA, so I don't think he's going anywhere.  He was a dude i liked back in the day on the draft thread so I'd love him to have him.

Edited by Skinsinparadise

32 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Might be better at guard in a zone scheme because his movement-agility stand out to me.  But IMO he needs to learn how to sustain his blocks in the run game.

As a pass protector, he's a bit sloppy but also feisty and recovers well.

He hits me as a bit of a tweener between the two spots -- guard and tackle.

Someone that a good O line coach like Callahan could develop.  Work in progress.  But I like the tools.  

Jennings is a restricted FA, so I don't think he's going anywhere.  He was a dude i liked back in the day on the draft thread so I'd love him to have him.

What's the comp. to give up for for Jennings?

33 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Same.

Lynch has said he’s a priority re-sign for the 49ers either via tender or extension.

16 hours ago, mac8887 said:

I really think Malik Washington is going to be a steal in the later rounds. He had amazing production last year. I wonder if a team that drafts him would be willing to let him return punts and kicks? He is good in space and has a ability to make space.

His teammate Maliki fields reminds me of Garçon but I don’t think he declared.

uva really had a good big possession guy/ home run hitter tandem this year.

He'd be a great day three addition. I really like him.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Est.1974 said:

Same.

Lynch has said he’s a priority re-sign for the 49ers either via tender or extension.

Oh nevermind then.

Hope there's another cheap veteran WR option. I am so done with Dyami Brown.

3 hours ago, Conn said:

Interesting stuff here:

This is perfect timing. I'm watching Adonai Mitchell and I'm not seeing the hype. He routinely had games where he did nothing. At times it felt like he was the 5th option in the passing attack, and his on field demeanor seemed to suggest he was OK with that. Rarely did I see his actual tested athleticism convert to on the field movement. I don't like his route running.

For people that like the breakout age metric, Adonai Mitchell never actually broke out.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Always A Commander Never A Captain said:

This is perfect timing. I'm watching Adonai Mitchell and I'm not seeing the hype. He routinely had games where he did nothing. At times it felt like he was the 5th option in the passing attack, and his on field demeanor seemed to suggest he was OK with that. Rarely did I see his actual tested athleticism convert to on the field movement. I don't like his route running.

For people that like the breakout age metric, Adonai Mitchell never actually broke out.

Yeah I've had a hard time digesting the Mitchell hype too.  But listening to draftniks they seem convinced he's going in the first.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Always A Commander Never A Captain said:

That puts Ricky Pearsall above the bust threshold cited in the earlier tweets. I know he tested great, but I've got a hunch we can grab him at the top of the 3rd.

PFF is interesting to me but not married to their scores.  Heck PFF has Pearsall in the 2nd round in their ranking.  Not sure where he lands.  I'd guess late 2nd-early 3rd at worst.  I see him early in the 2nd in mocks and in the third in some others.

I saw somewhere him being criticized for being a late bloomer-breakout player.  Be he had a good season the year before.

Screen Shot 2024-03-07 at 3.45.54 PM.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

The YPRR -- assume that's the PFF YR stat?  If so, this is their rankings.  Not too many under 2 which supposedly is the danger zone

Screen Shot 2024-03-07 at 3.30.45 PM.png

This WR class is similar but even better than last years TE class. We need to take advantage dipping into the pool at least once. 

It really feels like your Ladd is not making it out of the first. I am still on the Legette train at 40 with Corley as my plan B at 67. Fingers crossed.

12 minutes ago, DWinzit said:

This WR class is similar but even better than last years TE class. We need to take advantage dipping into the pool at least once. 

It really feels like your Ladd is not making it out of the first. I am still on the Legette train at 40 with Corley as my plan B at 67. Fingers crossed.

Need to see how Corley does at his pro day first but yeah. Part of me still likes Keon Coleman though. 

This is like the 2019 WR class. Its absolutely loaded. Even brain dead Bruce Allen was able to find Terry McLaurin in round 3 that year.

• Like 1