Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander

4 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Agree, its likely going to be a hard game to watch.  Both teams aren't good and they are both uber boring, too.

The Jets defense will easily be the best unit on the field, which is why I think the Jets will win.  They will turn Washington mistakes into points or give the Jets offense a short field most of the game.  Well, that's what I hope will happen.  Honestly, I can't actively root against the team I have loved for over 50 years.  But for an opportunity at long-term success through the draft, I really hope they lose.

24 minutes ago, cakmoney61 said:

The Jets defense will easily be the best unit on the field, which is why I think the Jets will win.  They will turn Washington mistakes into points or give the Jets offense a short field most of the game.  Well, that's what I hope will happen.  Honestly, I can't actively root against the team I have loved for over 50 years.  But for an opportunity at long-term success through the draft, I really hope they lose.

I don’t look at it as rooting against the team.  I prefer to think of it as rooting for their future success which doesn’t include the current regime or front office staff.  Set our next group up with a bevy of options for how to address the needs of the team under new management.  Having the highest draft picks possible certainly helps that.

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

26 minutes ago, Rex Tomb said:

I don’t look at it as rooting against the team.  I prefer to think of it as rooting for their future success which doesn’t include the current regime or front office staff.  Set our next group up with a bevy of options for how to address the needs of the team under new management.  Having the highest draft picks possible certainly helps that.

Yep. The Eagles tanking that meaningless game in 2020 against us in the finale paid huge dividends for them with the pick they ultimately got

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

20 minutes ago, method man said:

Yep. The Eagles tanking that meaningless game in 2020 against us in the finale paid huge dividends for them with the pick they ultimately got

I won’t be surprised if Harris and Co tell Rivera he needs to sit certain players.  I anticipate a few surprise healthy scratches.

14 minutes ago, Chump Bailey said:

Can't wait for Michigan v. Alabama obviously a huge game for JJ McCarthy. I'd like any of these guys for the Commanders. 

Nix

McCarthy

Daniels

Ewers 

Pratt's definitely a project but still like him

Collin Schlee QB UCLA is someone I'm very curious about.

I'm good with Daniels with our 1st and Nix with our 1st pick in the 2nd round. 

Finished up with LB's. IMO Payton Wilson is the best LB in this draft. He can do it all well. Incredible range and speed. Great tackler, great in coverage and a Good blitzer and has that nasty streak you are looking for. He really is the total package. His injury history is obviously a major red flag. And some teams wont even have him on their boards because of it. But someone is going to get one hell of a football player when they draft him.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

7 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Finished up with LB's. IMO Payton Wilson is the best LB in this draft. He can do it all well. Incredible range and speed. Great tackler, great in coverage and a Good blitzer and has that nasty streak you are looking for. He really is the total package. His injury history is obviously a major red flag. And some teams wont even have him on their boards because of it. But someone is going to get one hell of a football player when they draft him.

He sure made a lot of tackles, but he could use some more meat on his bones, IMO.

46 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

I know Wilson had an ACL in high school and a shoulder tow years ago. Has he notable injuries other than that? He is a pretty good looking LB. I don't see him being able to play edge but he sure knows how to find seems and time blitzes. Speaking of that, with Davis was used a lot more like that this past year.

• Like 1