Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander

2 minutes ago, Going Commando said:

No I think Beebe is going to drop in the draft.  He's gonna run like a 5.3 40 and have a 25" vert.  He's also 6'4 and has short arms, to where a ton of his wingspan is going to be torso.  And his film doesn't have very many traditional pass pro reps because K State's offense was so gimmicky and RPO heavy.  With as many good tackles as there are in this class, there is very little chance Beebe goes in the first round.  He'd actually be lucky to go in the second with his physical profile.  I think he goes early third.

We will see, I understand your points but that dude is a player and has many of the quals you seek in a OLineman. Third round feels like a filthy steal like is would have been if we took Pace in the 7th last year.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Going Commando said:

I've seen some Kittle comparisons for Brock Bowers and I feel like that actually undersells Bowers.  Kittle is a lanky player and does not have Bowers's power, body control, or hands.  Bowers is a singular talent who doesn't have ready NFL comparisons because there's never been a tight end prospect as good as him before.

The guy who looks like Kittle is Ben Sinnott.  The similarities between them are really striking to me.  Even the posture when Sinnott is settling down in the hole and then catching and running looks like the way Kittle moves.

Been watching Beebe and he's such a spectacular second level run blocker that he reminds me of Scherff.  I love this player.  He's surprisingly fast, unsurprisingly powerful, and the biggest thing is that he clearly has a great football IQ.  He has a superb understanding of angles and it's how he cuts off faster rushers and beats much faster LBs and DBs to their fits on a routine basis.  He also has really good hip flexibility and is able to torque around and seal defenders real fast.  In a step or two.  Just a very efficient mover and blocker.  I think he's going to go later in the draft because he's not body beautiful and it looks like he's got short arms.  I also doubt he runs fast in the drills, and his jumps will be crap.

I think there is a chance that he is there at our third round pick, and that he would be one of the best value picks we could make.  This dude is good and he's built in the way that causes the NFL to overlook players.  I think you could revamp the OL quickly by picking him and Van Pran.

Sounds good, the second level and IQ but can he pick up blitzes, pass blocking? Scheff was just average at best in the pass game. Who ever we take needs to have good pass blocking skills, it's more of a passing league. Interior pass blocking sucks and has for years. 

I just now realized I made a big mistake in my Edge rankings. Xavier Thomas Clemson - crap. I had his name in the back of mind but thought he was more of an OLB type. Thomas is good.

Well, okay I might not be that off the mark actually. Trying to watch as much Trotter Jr. as I can and perhaps Thomas is a bit overrated as an Edge player but OLB I think he could shine. 

Edited by Chump Bailey

28 minutes ago, Going Commando said:

No I think Beebe is going to drop in the draft.  He's gonna run like a 5.3 40 and have a 25" vert.  He's also 6'4 and has short arms, to where a ton of his wingspan is going to be torso.  And his film doesn't have very many traditional pass pro reps because K State's offense was so gimmicky and RPO heavy.  With as many good tackles as there are in this class, there is very little chance Beebe goes in the first round.  He'd actually be lucky to go in the second with his physical profile.  I think he goes early third.

Torrance was the top OG prospect last year and went late second, after Avalia and JMS and Mauch and I think he's a better prospect then they are. If we went Beebe and we really really do, we need to grab him in the second. 

I like your Sinnott comp, but Sinnott is a bit bulkier and would be valuable at FB also. His blocking is NFL level already. I think he's a late day two guy and the third or fourth TE off  the board.

I'm really high on both.

If our day two went

Morgan, JPJ, Beebe, Sinnott I'd be really happy.

Edited by Koolblue13
  • Like 3

17 minutes ago, Chump Bailey said:

I just now realized I made a big mistake in my Edge rankings. Xavier Thomas Clemson - crap. I had his name in the back of mind but thought he was more of an OLB type. Thomas is good.

Well, okay I might not be that off the mark actually. Trying to watch as much Trotter Jr. as I can and perhaps Thomas is a bit overrated as an Edge player but OLB I think he could shine. 

EDGE, Jack Sawyer in the later rounds and LB, Edgerrin Cooper mid rounds. I think Cooper will surprise in the NFL and translate quicker than some think.  Just a guess on my "wannabe, dreamscape" GM.  LOL.  Josh Allen from the Jags in FA.  Also, of course, Brian Burns.  

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Torrance was the top OG prospect last year and went late second, after Avalia and JMS and Mauch and I think he's a better prospect then they are. If we went Beebe and we really really do, we need to grab him in the second. 

I agree that he's better than them, but that was a bull**** OL class.  Beebe is going to be like OL 12 in this class, and probably a guard-only player unless he can snap the ball too.  Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't see him testing or measuring well, and I don't think his pass pro is easy to project.

20 minutes ago, Going Commando said:

I agree that he's better than them, but that was a bull**** OL class.  Beebe is going to be like OL 12 in this class, and probably a guard-only player unless he can snap the ball too.  Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't see him testing or measuring well, and I don't think his pass pro is easy to project.

Fair, Torrence was OL11 last year and only two more projected starters went after him. Last year had a lot of OC/OG prospects go in front of him.

This draft is loaded with solid OL. It's still too tough to really make any accurate projections.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Been watching Tyler Guyton. He is athletic and nasty. Elite to the second level. If we decide to stick with Leno and go QB, WR or TE with our first rounder he would be my target at RT in round 2. He isnt Latham. But he is a damn good player. 

I really like him too. We could reset this entire OL and turn it into a huge strength before day three this year. Fashanu, Strom, JPJ, Cosmi, Guyton

I can't wait to see who our OL coach is.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chump Bailey said:

Right, which one is it ? :ols:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Est.1974 said:

Right, which one is it ? :ols:

Lol, I was watching Clemson play Florida State because I was trying to give Trotter Jr. some more eye time and saw Thomas make 2 phenomenal spin moves to sack the QB - but then disappeared. A rookie mistake :) like focusing on highlights. Not saying Thomas is bad and won't make it as an Edge in the NFL but personally I think he would be much better suited as a fulltime OLB. Not having a good mental day either. Very scattered brained from watching too many damn YouTube clips :)

Edited by Chump Bailey
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

Torrance or was the real top OG taken Skoronski at #5 in the first round?

5 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

I like your Sinnott comp, but Sinnott is a bit bulkier and would be valuable at FB also. His blocking is NFL level already. I think he's a late day two guy and the third or fourth TE off  the board.

And all the more reason for him to feel like the right fit in Washington!

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, RWJ said:

EDGE, Jack Sawyer in the later rounds and LB, Edgerrin Cooper mid rounds. I think Cooper will surprise in the NFL and translate quicker than some think.  Just a guess on my "wannabe, dreamscape" GM.  LOL.  Josh Allen from the Jags in FA.  Also, of course, Brian Burns.  

I like Jack Sawyer, but there is no way he lasts until the third round as in your mock draft.  He is a top 100 projection and I have seen him rated as high as second round. 

:229:The Rook

7 hours ago, Going Commando said:

OL12? I think he’s the best lineman in the entire class…

1 hour ago, The Rook said:

I like Jack Sawyer, but there is no way he lasts until the third round as in your mock draft.  He is a top 100 projection and I have seen him rated as high as second round. 

:229:The Rook

We'll see.  Howell wasn't supposed to last until the 5th, right?

7 hours ago, clskinsfan said:

Been watching Tyler Guyton. He is athletic and nasty. Elite to the second level. If we decide to stick with Leno and go QB, WR or TE with our first rounder he would be my target at RT in round 2. He isnt Latham. But he is a damn good player. 

Given his rawness and lack of experience, he will probably fall to the late first or second. It’s why I don’t think we should be so set on a tackle with the first. One of these 9 or so first round caliber tackles will fall to our pick or within striking range of that second

• Like 1

Watched some Christian Haynes, right guard from Conneticut.  6 '2, 313.  Only gave up 1 sack in the last two years. 

That dude could move.  If they are running a zone scheme, he has the athleticism for it.  You can easily see it when he was pulling or running side to side while blocking zone or hitting that 2nd level, he can move.  He anchors well mirrors, recovers, the whole gamut.  Active player, he will block multiple guys on a play when the QB extends it. 

His weakness strikes me as bull rushes from dudes who can overpower him.    Wonder if he can move to center.  He seems to have the right size for that. 

• Like 5

On 12/12/2023 at 5:16 PM, Skinsinparadise said:

15. Los Angeles Rams (6-7)

Tyler Guyton, OT, Oklahoma

The Rams might have found a left tackle of the future with Alaric Jackson, but the right side has been an issue this season with Rob Havenstein manning the position. Guyton -- a raw but highly mobile blocker -- is my pick for who will be the position's biggest riser during the pre-draft process. The former defensive lineman is still learning to play offensive tackle, but his agility in space as a run-blocker is fantastic, and his length in pass protection is ideal for a rookie starter.

I was a massive fan of Alaric Jackson in that 2021 draft. Turns out he’s now got LT potential ahead of him. Damn we need to draft some decent OL this time around.

https://www.hogshaven.com/2023/12/5/23983793/daily-slop-5-dec-23-washingtons-big-questions-are-now-all-about-2024

Found this on the hogshaven site: I really like Bethune. Some of the top ILB's are heading back to school. This will be a difficult ranking for the top spot because I personally do not view Trotter Jr. as an elite prospect - good not elite. In fact, I don't think there's anyone I'd consider taking higher than the 3rd with the possible exception of the Georgia LB's or Eric Gray. Cooper will be an OLB for me. 

This year’s linebacker class is full of potential, but lacks marque names, particularly at MIKE linebacker.

Florida State middle linebacker Tatum Bethune isn’t a household name outside of the ACC yet, but should impress scouts during FSU’s Pro Day and NFL Combine.

Tatum Bethune

6’1” 230 lbs | LB | FSU

Draft Proj Late 3rd Rd

Career Stats UCF/FSU- 331 TAK (178 solo), 27.5 TFL, 7.5 SACKS, 3 INTs, 9 PD, 2 FF & 1 FR

FSU ‘23 Stats- 146 TAK (75 solo), 14.5 TFL, 3 SACKS, 5 PD & 1 FR

The Seminoles middle linebacker needs to test well during offseason workouts. His ability as an intelligent MIKE linebacker shouldn’t be in question, but his size will be scrutinized during the draft process.

Former Redskins middle linebacker London Fletcher was also believed to be too small to have success as a MIKE linebacker in the NFL. The undrafted Carroll University linebacker proved his doubters wrong.

Bethune posses all the intangibles to be an effective linebacker and it’ll be interesting to see his maturation during the draft evaluation process.

Edited by Chump Bailey
  • Like 1

Again, I trust me eyes and they've mostly served me well over the years. Now, when I was watching Trotter, I felt he was being lackadaisical at times and I also question his strength at the point of contact. That said, his closing speed is good but oddly enough, the sideline to sideline speed seemed considerably slower to me. Coverage ability seemed adequate. I am not nearly as negative as the below information posted but do feel some vindication in my questioning of Trotter Jr. Now, he'll likely be #1 on my ILB list but mostly by default AND although I do not have a subscription to PFF, Trotter's missed tackle percentage was good from a podcast I listened to and Mike Renner likes him, which goes a long way in my book because he was the only analyst I thought knew his stuff inside and out. I should also include this guy's opinion is certainly an outlier, much else on Trotter has been positive.

I found this: Was Jeremiah Trotter Jr. Forced to Play Football? (firstroundmock.com)

Daniel Kelly is a former NFL Scout with the New York Jets. He was hired on the regime which featured Bill Parcells, Bill Belichick, Scott Pioli, Mike Tannenbaum, and Dick Haley. He is currently the Editor-in-Chief for First Round Mock, contributes at Yardbarker, and has written for Sports Illustrated Lions, Jets, and 49ers, as well as a featured guest on ESPN Radio and Fox Sports Radio.

Edited by Chump Bailey