Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander

1 hour ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

We need to pick the best damn offensive tackle available with every one of our first 4 picks.  

Ok.  Maybe that’s extreme.  I’ll take tackle in the first, and then I don’t care, tackle or guard for the next 3 spots.  

Tackle isnt the weakest part of our OL though. Guard is. And you can get a really good guard in round 2.

Chicago winning last night hurts our 2nd rounder from them, but it probably was for the best as we don't want NYG anywhere near the top two picks.  Chicago also owns that pick so they had extra incentive for Carolina to lose.  Panthers remaining schedule is:

Dallas

@ Titans

@ Bucs

@ Saints

Falcons

Packers

@ Jags

Bucs

They will be favored to lose the remaining games, but I could see them winning a game or two. 

8 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Wylie would like a word.

And Leno is ok but old.

Cosmi is pretty good, and Paul is going to be ok.

Upgrade, yes.  But fix tackle first.  You need 2. 

Yeah to me RT is the code red spot.  LT is fine but Leno is aging.

From what I watched of Wylie i think he likely is an average guard. Likely better at that spot than at tackle IMO. 

IMO.  Stromberg and Larsen at center is fine.  Paul-Charles at LG is a wild card.  Cosmi is good at RG.  Wylie is a bad right tackle.

If the idea is to win now, they can do fine with Leno at tackle.  Draft a LT have them play for now RT.  And draft a stud at LG.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Thumb up 1

I am a BPA guy.  But if I am going purely to need.

LT moved to RT for now or straight up RT

LG

TE

RB with breakaway speed.

LB

Edge

The new anayltics guy, seems to value TEs and stud RBs based on the lecture I watched.  

That's a long list but with the number of picks they have and cap room, I think they can fill it.  I expect a FO change so we might escape the need based drafting from this regime, and the lets paid a band aid over a gushing wound apporach.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

I think we need to be looking at tackle primarily in this draft. 

Having said that, FA will be interesting. Lucas is a FA, so at the least we need two tackles (re-signing Lucas would count as one of the two) but Lucas is aging a bit. I think I'd re-sign him.

If we can manage to get a second tackle, we now have options for what we focus on.

LT can mean we move on from Leno and give us cap space that we may or may not need, depending on what we bring in. 

RT can displace Lucas/other FA/Wylie from the RT spot (which is dire).

I'm not big on Wylie. Frankly I think he has stunk for us. But I wonder what he can do at LG. If he is decent and he and Paul compete I am much more comfortable there.

I'm fine with Larsen/Stromberg at center for now. 

I'd like to add a guard and a tackle via the draft. 

But like I've said I think we have a few other red alert spots, too.

Dynamic RB, A possession receiver (Tall... like Anthony Mix), a freakin' linebacker, a playmaking tight end (and hopefully we keep Logan as TE2)

Those things change our entire dynamic

The good news is that we have some ammo to do some things. Hopefully whoever is making decisions for us at that time has a solid plan in place. 

• Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, KDawg said:

A possession receiver

Michael Pittman is a free agent this year. He is high on my want list--which is ironic, since he is the player the Colts took with one of the picks we traded them for Montez Sweat. I think he'd work in well with McLaurin and Dotson.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Michael Pittman is a free agent this year. He is high on my want list--which is ironic, since he is the player the Colts took with one of the picks we traded them for Montez Sweat. I think he'd work in well with McLaurin and Dotson.

Pittman and T Higgins were a couple of my WR crushes and still are! Pittman would be an awesome FA get making the draft clearer

That said, OT needs to be the top priority

Edited by DWinzit
  • Like 2

He'd be a good get.  He was one of my man crushes the year after Terry at WR.   I touted Terry's intangibles the year he was coming out and some asked me who was the highest intangible guy at WR that struck me Terryish, I said Pittman.  I don't recall the whole rap years later but I do remember loving what I read about him as a dude.  Tough blocker, at least he was in college.

• Like 1

I love Pittman. I wouldn’t mind getting him and finding a mid round receiver in the possession mold, too.

McLaurin

Dotson

Pittman

Crowder

Mid Round

Pringle/Brown/Whoever

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Absolutely.   For me Pittman or Higgins.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, clskinsfan said:

Tackle isnt the weakest part of our OL though. Guard is. And you can get a really good guard in round 2.

Really statistically you can find good guards in any round. I think using a second on a guard isn’t the best use of resources.