Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Oral sex is fuelling worrying new ‘epidemic’, doctor warns

China

Oral sex is fuelling worrying new ‘epidemic’, doctor warns

Over the past two decades, there has been a rapid increase in throat cancer in the West, to the extent that some have called it an epidemic.

This has been due to a large rise in a specific type of throat cancer called oropharyngeal cancer (the area of the tonsils and back of the throat).

The main cause of this cancer is the human papillomavirus (HPV), which are also the main cause of cancer of the cervix. Oropharyngeal cancer has now become more common than cervical cancer in the US and the UK.

HPV is sexually transmitted. For oropharyngeal cancer, the main risk factor is the number of lifetime sexual partners, especially oral sex.

Those with six or more lifetime oral-sex partners are 8.5 times more likely to develop oropharyngeal cancer than those who do not practise oral sex.

Click on the link for the full article

• 6 months later...

Oral sex is worse than smoking for throat cancer, doctor claims

A young doctor says oral sex is a greater risk factor than smoking in the development of throat cancer.

Dr. Daria Sadovskaya made the declaration in a viral TikTok video — despite the American Cancer Society citing tobacco use as the No.1 risk factor for the illness, known as oropharyngeal cancer.

“Are you saying oral sex is proven to be the number one cause of throat cancer?” one TikTok user asked Sadovskaya, who responded with a video bluntly stating: “I said what I said.”

The American Cancer Society does cite oral sex as one potential cause of throat cancer, given that the human papillomavirus, commonly known as HPV, can be transmitted during the act.

HPV is the most common sexually transmitted infection, with an estimated 13 million new cases in the US each year.

It is so prevalent that, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, “nearly all sexually active men and women get the virus at some point in their lives.”

While HPV usually goes away on its own within two years, most people don’t realize they have it, meaning they can unwittingly spread the disease.

“Men are more likely to develop throat cancer performing oral sex on women, as women are more likely to carry the [HPV] virus in their genital area,” Sadovskya stated.

Indeed, men were more significantly impacted by HPV-linked oropharyngeal cancer, with diagnosis rates rising 2.8% annually in men from 2015 to 2019, according to the ACS.

Click on the link for the full article

3 hours ago, Jumbo said:

Apparently I am going out with a serious threat to my health.

What else is new.

At some point "everything can kill us" needs to sit down and have a drink with "we all gonna die anyway"...they need to talk...

Edited by Renegade7
  • Haha 2
  • Thumb up 2

In 2021, researchers discovered that people with 10 or more oral sex partners were more than four times more likely to develop HPV-related mouth and throat cancers.  According to data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 41% of teens from 15 to 19 participate in oral sex.  Young people ages 15 to 24 were responsible for nearly half of the 26 million new STD infections in 2018.

"Four times more likely to develop HPV..." compared to what?  People with 1 oral partner?  People with zero oral partners?

She also recommends men wear a condom if receiving oral... that's just....

41 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

WHO IS FUNDING THIS RESEARCH????

I'll just give the standard reply that one of my advisors gave me every single time i submitted a draft of my dissertation.   

needs

more

data

Edited by mcsluggo
  • Haha 2