Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2023 NFL Draft Watch and Post Thread - The Hangover Special

KDawg

3 minutes ago, LetMeSeeYourWarFace21 said:

Forbes speaks on his weight......this is 2 weeks ago.......says he was 171LBs at his pro day. Says he wants to get to 185LBs

As I was saying on the draft thread, if this guy can get his weight up, that will be a game changer IMO.

My worry is Devonta Smith never did.  And he has though stick legs that remind me of Devonte.

• Like 2

I hate my R1CB theory. I have been talking down taking a corner every time I saw us projected to take one. Corner is a physically tough position and they are among the smallest players on the field. So I think they are injury prone and often get nailed by friendly fire.

We all saw in real time coaches unable to figure out if Will Jackson could play in our scheme. Those SAME coaches are here. Regardless, schemes change. DCs change. Or, my favorite we have our corners playing soft (not to their strengths) in bend don't break far more often than not. Bend don't break in which those street corners we see at the end of every year doing just fine in. No matter our DC we end up in BDB every day game every damn year. Rest assured our shiny new DB will be giving up the Carlos cushion no matter if he pressed in college to avoid guys like AJ tossing him aside or running him out of bounds run blocking. Hopefully his eyesight is better.

Edited by RandyHolt

1 minute ago, Warhead36 said:

And I hate that Banks is going to the Giants. He was one of my favorites.

Dallas has been linked to TE and Buffalo could use one.

They could. But they like Knox a lot. But having another wouldn’t hurt.

36 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I want to be clear about this: I don’t have a problem with the a tusk player and he could be really good.  And I don’t give a crap if Thor effing Nystrom says it’s a reach because he had him graded as the 22nd pick.  

I don’t give a damn about that crap

I am super pissed the ignored (again) the more important side of the ball. 

Again....we will have to deal with why our QB sucks and we have to run screens all day. Blindsided sacks be damned.

5 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

To me OT might be out the window, might be interior O line.  Unless there is an off chance Bergeron or Harrison fall to 47.    Dawand, I'd love, if they think his character checks out?  Pauline said he heard for character reasons, Dawand ends up late 2nd at best. 

I think our Laporta dream is likely dead.  

I saw TE in the 2nd most likely based on two scenarios.

A.  They traded down so they would have another pick to play with.  Keim sort of implied that they can go off a need early if they add a pick.  And by need that is O line and CB.

B.  I am guessing its almost 100% chance now they go O line in the 2nd.  But tha value might be more interior.  But will see.

But lol, I'll see if Keim changes his tune before tomorrow's draft.  He's usually good on day 2 giving a window in what they are thinking. 

I have to think the next selection is OL and OT in particular.  :) Just a hunch, SIP. 

Just now, tmandoug1 said:

Again....we will have to deal with why our QB sucks and we have to run screens all day. Blindsided sacks be damned.

There hasn't been an OL picked since B. Jones went at 14.  We would have reached big time.

Ugh, Dallas is going to take Mayer.

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

As I was saying on the draft thread, if this guy can get his weight up, that will be a game changer IMO.

My worry is Devonta Smith never did.  And he has though stick legs that remind me of Devonte.

I'm thinking they took him to be the answer to Devonta, though I don't think Philly used him nearly as well as Bama did.