Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Product Recommendation Thread

Spaceman Spiff

5 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I’ll see your Olukai flip flops and raise with Adidas comfort slides:

https://www.adidas.com/us/adilette-comfort-slides/GZ5892.html?af_channel=Search&af_click_lookback=30d&af_reengagement_window=30d&c=PLA&cm_mmc=AdieSEM_Feeds-_-GoogleProductAds-_-NA-_-GZ5892&cm_mmca1=US&cm_mmca2=NA&dfw_tracker=24819-GZ5892-0006&gbraid=0AAAAADrRVUgsQCCDjsUCv9_C4EYeMEO75&gbraid=0AAAAADrRVUgsQCCDjsUCv9_C4EYeMEO75&gclid=CjwKCAjw8-OhBhB5EiwADyoY1f6GRqYjLumFKyoUchjuaGEm0oJOeEmN5WCzbIb9XokZJUcpzqhgUBoCVYUQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds&is_retargeting=true&kpid=GZ5892&pid=googleadwords_temp&sourceid=543457011GZ5892

I have two pair for outside the house (the ones I bought last year which are well worn) and two pair for inside the house (new this year). The wife went ahead and bought a pair for outside and inside earlier this year, too. 

The key is get the comfort slides, not the regular ones that are hard plastic and decidedly uncomfortable. The comfort ones are soft foam that get softer with time. And this years model, the put the soft foam on the inside of the band that goes across your foot. 

They’re cheap, pretty durable (have walked outside with them several times over a mile) and really comfortable. 

Adidas cloud foam slides are the greatest.  I take them with me when I travel.  They are a life essential item.

4 hours ago, PleaseBlitz said:

I love these things, they work better than drugs when your back goes to ****.  My chiropractor used to have an ancient industrial version of these that I swear must have been illegal.  The new ones are weak and safe though still stronger than the home devices. The old ones were something else entirely.  

This machine actually hurt when they cranked it up.  The sort of pain that would make you grit your teeth as you suffered through it, but it is the only thing on the planet earth that would actually unlock my frozen lower back.  If you’ve ever had your back muscles freeze up on you, then you know the horror of which I speak.  Well, this ancient beige metal torture device, complete with real dials and click clacking physical buttons, would electrocute you back to health.  I would slowly hobble into the office, and then walk confidently out like I’d been healed by Jesus!  

it’s gone now though because it probably set someone on fire.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• 4 weeks later...

I have hated every belt I've ever owned until this one:

https://groovelife.com/products/groove-belt-black-black?variant=32118085419075

I saw it advertised on TV, figured it couldn't be that great.  But this outdoors store near me that I really like carries them so I checked them out.  

The material stretches a little so it's not too tight, not too loose.  And since there are no holes in it, you can adjusted it until it's exactly right.  The buckle is low profile so it doesn't dig into my stomach when I sit down.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/11/2023 at 7:48 PM, Spaceman Spiff said:

I have hated every belt I've ever owned until this one:

https://groovelife.com/products/groove-belt-black-black?variant=32118085419075

I saw it advertised on TV, figured it couldn't be that great.  But this outdoors store near me that I really like carries them so I checked them out.  

The material stretches a little so it's not too tight, not too loose.  And since there are no holes in it, you can adjusted it until it's exactly right.  The buckle is low profile so it doesn't dig into my stomach when I sit down.

I have 2 of them. The only real issue I have with them is you can't really adjust it once it's on. That being said, they're much better than the couple of crank belts I've tried like Mission.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Samsung TVs are great but do not buy their appliances!
We remodeled our kitchen about 8 years ago and put in matching set of Samsung stainless steel appliances. Have replaced the ice maker on the fridge 3 times now but have since given up and buy or make ice the old fashioned way. Dishwasher leaks and random error codes abound. Gas range needed all controls replaced after approx 3 years and now the gas valve is going out (I think) as if doesn’t seem to be able to maintain constant pressure. You can hear and see the flame fluctuating sometimes and oven can take an eternity to get to 400. Only thing that hasn’t given us any problems has been the microwave!

Stay away from Samsung appliances!!!

• Like 1

Mint Mobile. I switched a year and a half ago and it hasn’t failed me. I pay $15 a month per phone. My wife and I have a phone bill of only $30 a month. Highly recommended if you want to save some money. 

I also recommend NFL+. Way cheaper than Sunday Ticket. $79.99 right now and you get to watch the games as soon as they are over. I haven’t sat on my couch for a whole Sunday in about 4 years. The only stipulation is that you have to wait until the games are over to watch which works perfectly for me. I get things done and the. Come 6 or so at night I turn on Washington and enjoy a commercial free game.

Edited by Fan since a Fetus

14 minutes ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

Mint Mobile. I switched a year and a half ago and it hasn’t failed me. I pay $15 a month per phone. My wife and I have a phone bill of only $30 a month. Highly recommended if you want to save some money.

Unlimited everything?  Cuz that's even cheaper than Consumer Cellular with my AARP discount!  I wanna keep my phone. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, skinsmarydu said:

Unlimited everything?  Cuz that's even cheaper than Consumer Cellular with my AARP discount!  I wanna keep my phone. 

You get unlimited data, but it throttles after so many gigabytes, depending on your plan.  Hopefully Mint remains a good option now that Ryan Reynolds sold it to T-Mobile.

Edited by PokerPacker
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

Right now all plans are $15. https://www.mintmobile.com/plans/

I haven’t noticed any throttling, but my wife and I only do the 5gb per month because we are home 95% of the time

Edited by Fan since a Fetus

1 hour ago, FuriousD said:

Samsung TVs are great but do not buy their appliances!
We remodeled our kitchen about 8 years ago and put in matching set of Samsung stainless steel appliances. Have replaced the ice maker on the fridge 3 times now but have since given up and buy or make ice the old fashioned way. Dishwasher leaks and random error codes abound. Gas range needed all controls replaced after approx 3 years and now the gas valve is going out (I think) as if doesn’t seem to be able to maintain constant pressure. You can hear and see the flame fluctuating sometimes and oven can take an eternity to get to 400. Only thing that hasn’t given us any problems has been the microwave!

Stay away from Samsung appliances!!!

Sounds an awful lot like the Kenmore Elite appliances we used to own. Turns out, they were manufactured by Samsung.

@FuriousD

I am sorry you felt the need for matching stainless appliance brands. 

Samsung fridge owner here and yes, the icemaker is a known and well known issue.  It ices/frosts over.  Unfortunately, if you are like me you would use a hair dryer on it.  This results in slight warping/damaging other parts.  We have found that defrosting it with coffee mugs full of hot water works (or a steamer).  It does take some patience to cycle through. The icemaker is not "broken" per se... its a design flaw.

GE Adora gas range.... that thing is awesome.

Bosch stainless dishwasher.  I know people complain about these too, but awesome. 

We also have the Samsung microwave... not a problem either.

58 minutes ago, Fergasun said:

@FuriousD

I am sorry you felt the need for matching stainless appliance brands. 

Samsung fridge owner here and yes, the icemaker is a known and well known issue.  It ices/frosts over.  Unfortunately, if you are like me you would use a hair dryer on it.  This results in slight warping/damaging other parts.  We have found that defrosting it with coffee mugs full of hot water works (or a steamer).  It does take some patience to cycle through. The icemaker is not "broken" per se... its a design flaw.

GE Adora gas range.... that thing is awesome.

Bosch stainless dishwasher.  I know people complain about these too, but awesome. 

We also have the Samsung microwave... not a problem either.

Our Samsung made Kenmore would turn on when the door opened.