Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

theplayerstribune.com: Thank You, Washington

TK

27 minutes ago, NewCliche21 said:

I'm surprised he wrote it, that was really eloquent.

Can take certain parts of it and imagine days after certain games he beat himself up and didn't want to mess up the next one too much going into it...or him running less to prolong a career even he had doubts about.

He got the chance to prove he didn't belong, at some point fans chanting for him to start instead at games and he could hear it.  

Looked and saw he's an engineering major, so he probably at least has very good memory...in a league that needs it short...

11 hours ago, NewCliche21 said:

I'm surprised he wrote it, that was really eloquent.

I dunno.  I’ve always thought he was very well spoken, he was taking masters level classes.  He’s a smart guy.  I’m sure he had some editing help but I’m not at all surprised he could put out a well thought out, well written goodbye letter.  

• Like 1

Im probably TH’s harshest critic, and that’s not going to change.  But I appreciate that he was able to maximize his physical tools and have a magical run for a few weeks in 2 seasons in a row.  

Good for him, and I’m really happy for him getting a $6m guaranteed contract.  He’ll never have to crash at his sister’s house again.  And he’s probably going to be able to launch into a career either as a coach or Im sure some local media outlet would put him on the air in 5 seconds.  

Good for him.  Never had anything against him personally. 

• Like 4
  • Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, ultravin said:

i really hope he gets his degree so he can coach if playing qb isn't panning out for him in Atlanta.  

I don’t think he’s needs another degree. I think he already has an undergraduate degree.  

If somebody wants him on a coaching staff, then he’ll be on a coaching staff. 

27 minutes ago, skinsfan66 said:

Made his way here got paid and no way we could match that offer.  He said being a backup in the NFL is a great Job and accepted this. I believe he will help the young QB in Atlanta. Not having a real starting QB sure did not help him in Washington.

We EASILY could have matched the offer.  He got $6m guaranteed over 2 years.  

image.png.3408340fddd25faefa4d0aacbc18a8f6.png

We're paying "Brisket" more:

image.png.317d0689bbdd32d66bee880e1040f774.png

We're paying 2.2 more on the cap this year.  TH's total guarantee for 2 years is les than Brissett's 1 year.  

We could 100% have matched the deal Atlanta made.  We didn't want to. 

And for this thread, I'm leaving it there.  But I want to correct the completely factually incorrect statement: We COULD have matched the contract if we wanted to.  In fact, for the QB we brought in, we paid more.  

1 hour ago, ultravin said:

i really hope he gets his degree so he can coach if playing qb isn't panning out for him in Atlanta.  

Still a nice sentiment but you don’t need your degree to coach. He was in a masters program anyways, he has an undergrad degree. Either way, he just needs Norv Jr. or whoever to hire him. 

On 3/26/2023 at 11:14 AM, Voice_of_Reason said:

Im probably TH’s harshest critic, and that’s not going to change.  

Yeah, I remember when you kept saying that he won't win a game after Wince went down with like 10-11 games left and I was thinking "this is going to be funny".

And it was.

46 minutes ago, SkinsFTW said:

Yeah, I remember when you kept saying that he won't win a game after Wince went down with like 10-11 games left and I was thinking "this is going to be funny".

And it was.

This is not the thread for it. I was wrong.  He was the QB when the team won games.  I'll leave it at that.

• Like 1