Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Convicted felon Donald Trump on Trial (Found guilty on 34 felony counts. 54 criminal count still in the air)

Cooked Crack

Will Trump be convicted in any of his cases?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Will Trump be convicted in any of his cases?

• Yes. He's going 4 for 4. (including Georgia)
    • He's going to lose 3
    • Two for sure
    • He's only going to get convicted in one
    • No. He's going to skate

This poll is closed to new votes

JUST LOCK HIM UP ALREADY!!!

He's trying desperately to influence the jury pool.  Just told everyone in DC that their city is crap, complains he can't get a fair trial.  I can't begin to imagine why. 

Posts "If you come after me, I'll come after you."  He's violating the terms of his bail.  Any one of us would be under the jail by now.  COME ON!!! 

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

Pence has an opportunity to destroy this guy if he wants it via this trial. He's not winning ****. He's already disliked by basically everyone now. Selfishly, he probably could lay low for a few years after saying in no uncertain terms that he was pushed to do illegal things and if MAGA dies, try to rehab himself as a savior of the GOP. It would be a lie about himself. But he should try it. 

2 hours ago, LadySkinsFan said:

If the judge can respond after hours on Friday into Saturday, Trump's lawyers can work on Saturday and Sunday to file on Monday. 

I'm really interested to see what Chutkan posts now.

The game is on!

Really interested in the legal filing that begins with "My client must be able to publish selected portions of evidence because ..."

• Haha 2

So someone lay it out in Tayman's terms.. how is it an indirect, yet pretty overt threat can be sent out over mass media by the defendant in a trial concerning said defendant's culpability in creating a mob to storm the Capitol, MURDER the Vice President, and overthrow the government, among other things....  and they "request" a protective order, or whatever non-thing they've done that has until 5PM on Monday to .. i don't know, i guess to let Trump decide whether to ****ing OBEY it.

I'm dead serious. Explain it to me, please/

~Bang

Edited by Bang

Just now, Bang said:

Pk so someone lay it out in Tayman's terms.. how is it an indirect, yet pretty overt threat can be sent out over mass mecia by the defendant in a trial concerning said defendant's culpability in creating a mob to storm ythe Capitol, among other things....  and they "request" a protective order, or whatever non-thing they've done that has until 5PM on Monday to .. i don't knoew, i guess to decide whether to ****ing OBEY it.

I'm dead serious. Explain it to me, please/

~Bang

Good question. I'd like to better understand this too. 

• Like 1

From what I can recall, the motion has to be filed and the defense has the chance to rebut.   The fact that the defense wanted 3 extra days just to read a motion and construct a response should tell us everything. 

They're clowns. 

And the prosecution jumping on it rapidly is very calming to me.  Jack didn't come all this way to fall down the hill.  ;)

• Like 2

Smith wants him muzzled. Trump wants to continue posting on his app and comment during his election campaigning. He wants to use whatever materials that the prosecution turns over as discovery to "threaten" witnesses and taint the jury pool. 

The prosecution hasn't requested a full gag order. From the way Chutkan has handled this issue so far, Trump's lawyers won't submit anything cogent so I'm hoping she issues a gag order on everyone associated with this trial with jail penalties. Since Trump's lawyer can't keep his mouth shut, this will prevent them from their defense trial balloons.

That way we won't hear anything about this trial. We can download and read her orders until the trial. Hopefully this trial will be televised and We the People can hear the facts that are presented. 

• Like 3

It's one thing if trump wants to post "they stole it' over and over.
A threat, though..  this is a horse of a different color.
I do not see how his declaration  'i'll come after you' can be interpreted any other way.

~Bang

Edited by Bang
  • Like 2

See, the defense had weekend plans (my guess) and didn't wanna have to work, so they asked for the extra 3 days.

Look, fools...if you're gonna defend this fat ****, it's gonna take every second of every day. 

He's an idiot, and he's your client. 

Suck it up, Buttercup. 

• Thumb up 3

4 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

The irony of realizing even though Trump is banned from Twitter, X, or whatever the **** it's called now, but folks keep screenshoting his posts from Truth Social onto there...

Trump hasn't been banned from X for several months now. He just doesn't want to go back and admit Truth Social sucks worse than Xitter. 

4 hours ago, FootballZombie said:

That seems kinda direct.

Pointed at a person...

can't have that.

4 hours ago, EmirOfShmo said:

He knows who has turned on him. He knows he's ****ed. He's taunting the DOJ...Gonna be a fun hearing...

Not only that.  In his post he comments about the "too honest" comment which was information from the indictment that was provided by Pence.  So Trump can't claim political speech/opponent as he did with his previous post.  This is a direct attack on someone providing information to the prosecution, and thus a clear violation of his conditions for release.  That being said, I have no faith and do not expect the prosecutors to ask or the judge to unilaterally require a "show cause order" where she requires the defendant (Trump) to come into court and show cause why he hasn't violate his release conditions and shouldn't be remanded into custody.  I expect he will skate again.  But he shouldn't.

Edited by China
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, skinsmarydu said:

The fact that the defense wanted 3 extra days just to read a motion and construct a response should tell us everything. 

They're clowns. 

They’re not clowns. Their goal is and has been to delay. They will continue to ask for things to be pushed further out. 

this is the guy he hired specifically for the dc case

https://www.tampabay.com/news/florida-politics/2023/07/21/john-lauro-trump-defense-election-lawyer-tampa/

My understanding is he’s a solid lawyer. Not trying to puff him up too much, just pointing out he’s not a clown. They just have nothing to work with. Trump continually works to makes his situations worse.