Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump on Trial (Trump indicted for a fourth time in Georgia. Expands his record of most indictments by a former president)

Cooked Crack

Will Trump be convicted in any of his cases?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Will Trump be convicted in any of his cases?

• Yes. He's going 4 for 4. (including Georgia)
    • He's going to lose 3
    • Two for sure
    • He's only going to get convicted in one
    • No. He's going to skate

This poll is closed to new votes

5 hours ago, Fergasun said:

Nothing on the Weisselberg tea from today? 

Apparently there is a contract for $750k for him to not cooperate with prosecutors.  The state wants to introduce the contract to explain why he is not testifying.  But they didn't subpoena him either.  Could be some juicy hearing next week....

I'm trying to find the tweet but I think this is wrong. His NDA has a carveout or something about testifying that the defense is trying to use as an exception. 

*pretty sure I remember reading that but we know what my memory is worth nowadays. 

10 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

I'm trying to find the tweet but I think this is wrong. His NDA has a carveout or something about testifying that the defense is trying to use as an exception. 

*pretty sure I remember reading that but we know what my memory is worth nowadays. 

Take another bong hit! It’ll come back to ya!

• Haha 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, Fergasun said:

Nothing on the Weisselberg tea from today? 

Apparently there is a contract for $750k for him to not cooperate with prosecutors.  The state wants to introduce the contract to explain why he is not testifying.  But they didn't subpoena him either.  Could be some juicy hearing next week....

If the price tag for keeping quiet is real, it's not surprising. He's so loyal he's been to jail twice for it. Why call someone who's going to plead the 5th to everything but his name. 

Posted (edited)
23 hours ago, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

Why arent Trump supporters supporting the constitution? Locking Trump up should be universal now that he wants it.

I have a real problem with this too, it's like a collective hysteria has descended on these people who no longer support the rule of law first and foremost, and instead don't care as long as it gets "their boy" into power. I wonder if, a few years from now, any of them will ever admit to being wrong...or will they be on their deathbeds years from now still saying that Trump won in 2020?

Because politics is like sports, or more appropriately, like the WWE. It’s all a show, and you’re fully supporting your side (either D or R). Trump supporters will never back down from their stance or admit that they were wrong.  Why would they?  They hate the other side, just like they’re convinced the other side hates them, and they’re never going to give the libs the satisfaction.

Edited by samy316
  • Thumb up 1

13 minutes ago, samy316 said:

Because politics is like sports, or more appropriately, like the WWE. It’s all a show, and you’re fully supporting your side (either D or R). Trump supporters will never back down from their stance or admit that they were wrong.  Why would they?  They hate the other side, just like they’re convinced the other side hates them, and they’re never going to give the libs the satisfaction.

Was talking to a neighbor of my stepdaughter and he asked me "what do you think about Biden threatening to withhold aid to Israel?"  I answered, "Reagan withheld aid to Israel a few times in response to actions they had taken." He was like "oh."

My larger point was that people could have their opinions about the topic......as long as they're consistent, and not simply based on what side you are supporting.

• Thumb up 4

3 hours ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

Trump did something dubious?...Donald Trump??

giphy.gif

The guy who, supposedly, for the last 20 years, has paid income taxes of either $4,000 or 0?  

• Haha 4

Posted (edited)

If you are so inclined, and feel the urge, you can file a complaint against Judge Cannon.  Glenn Kirschner gives some instructions on how to do so:

Edited by China
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

9 hours ago, Cooked Crack said:

It's a long article, but to show what a brilliant real estate magnate he is there is this tidbit:

More than 100 of the hotel condominiums never sold. Sales of all units totaled only $727 million, far below Trump’s budgeted costs of $859 million. And some 70,000 square feet of retail space remained vacant because it had been designed without access to foot or vehicle traffic. From 2011 through 2020, Trump reported $168 million in additional losses from the project.

• Haha 4

“I doubt the New York indictment would have been brought against a defendant whose name was not Donald Trump.”

Because nobody else is as corrupt as Donald Trump.

• Thanks 2
  • Thumb up 3

Well, his name IS on all the indictments, so it would be kind of stupid to prosecute someone else.

But what do I know. I grew up thinking the 'law' mattered.

~Bang

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Well, in the case of NY, he might be right.  

Would the DA have spent the huge amount of resources on a case that's so esoteric, if it wasn't a case of the scumbag being so damned proud of how above the law he is?  

• Thumb up 1

HOFFINGER: Did you have a conversation with Trump about a particular strategy?

COHEN: He told me to work with David [Pecker] and take control and stop this from getting out and purchase and acquire the life rights, he said push it out as long as you can just get past the election and Trump said: “If I win, it won’t have any relevance, If I lose, I don’t really care.”

Cohen asked Trump: "How are things gonna go upstairs?" [referring to Melania] Trump responded: "Don't worry; how long do you think I'll be on the market for? Not long." Cohen interpreted that to mean he was not worried about Melania; he was worried about the campaign.

2 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

GNeLKfbWMAEJwDS?format=jpg&name=900x900

When did court become so boring?

When people became addicted to their phones.  They have the attention span of gnats.  If they can't swipe to the next interesting thing within 30 seconds or less they get catatonic.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumb up 1

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

GNeLKfbWMAEJwDS?format=jpg&name=900x900

When did court become so boring?

One HUGE difference: Vance isn't on trial and in danger of going to prison. That kinda has an effect on how sleepy someone might feel.

Not to mention, the people in the media saying "Biden is unfit" are NOT the same people saying "Trump is unfit." There is no media narrative that Trump falling asleep shows he's as bad as Biden...there is a narrative in the media, though, about how the dude constantly calling Biden "Sleepy Joe" is himself falling asleep on a daily basis in court and how ironic/hypocritical it is. 

Edited by Califan007 The Constipated
  • Like 1
  • Thumb up 2