Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump on Trial (Trump indicted for a fourth time in Georgia. Expands his record of most indictments by a former president)

Cooked Crack

Will Trump be convicted in any of his cases?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Will Trump be convicted in any of his cases?

• Yes. He's going 4 for 4. (including Georgia)
    • He's going to lose 3
    • Two for sure
    • He's only going to get convicted in one
    • No. He's going to skate

This poll is closed to new votes

28 minutes ago, China said:

I can't see the whole thread, but I'm not buying it.  Isn't Garland Christopher Wray's boss?  Then he could have and should have directed him to do more sooner (or fired him if need be).  Garland's the top so the buck stops with him.  Doesn't mean Wray doesn't also deserve ouir wrath.

Not sure why you can't see it but the second thread is about 15 tweets that goes through it. 

Yes, technically the FBI Director falls under the AG but Biden had made clear he didn't want Wray fired because he was Trump's appointment. If you want to blame Garland, may as well blame Biden. And also the way our judicial branch is set up. 

Lots of blame to go around but if you wanted a more proactive AG, you need to look at the person who picked him. Blame Biden for anything at your own peril though.

1 minute ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Not sure why you can't see it but the second thread is about 15 tweets that goes through it. 

Yes, technically the FBI Director falls under the AG but Biden had made clear he didn't want Wray fired because he was Trump's appointment. If you want to blame Garland, may as well blame Biden. And also the way our judicial branch is set up. 

Lots of blame to go around but if you wanted a more proactive AG, you need to look at the person who picked him. Blame Biden for anything at your own peril though.

Garland could have appointed a special counsel sooner.  They are independent, and so could have avoided having his hands on or off decisions from the beginning.  He did nothing.

And sure, Biden gets some of the blame for picking a crappy AG.

• Thumb up 2

16 minutes ago, China said:

Garland could have appointed a special counsel sooner.  They are independent, and so could have avoided having his hands on or off decisions from the beginning.  He did nothing.

If you still can't find a way to read the thread, give me a thumbs down and I'll post the whole thing so you can read it. Then we can discuss. 

Is that fair?

• Thumb down 1
  • Thumb up 1

8 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

If you still can't find a way to read the thread, give me a thumbs down and I'll post the whole thing so you can read it. Then we can discuss. 

Is that fair?

Fair.  

@China let's see if this works. May take a few editing attempt but the tweets are numbered.

Add:  I want to emphasize that I don’t 100% agree with her. But she makes some very good points and cites facts. 

Edited by TheGreatBuzz
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumb up 1

2 hours ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

@China let's see if this works. May take a few editing attempt but the tweets are numbered.

Add:  I want to emphasize that I don’t 100% agree with her. But she makes some very good points and cites facts. 

Sounds like they need to do some housecleaning at the FBI.

• Thanks 1

Trump’s lawyers subpoena wrong ‘Jeremy Rosenberg’ before hush money trial: ‘I don’t have any files for you’

Donald Trump’s lawyer in his “hush money” case served the wrong guy with court papers — demanding that a Brooklyn man with nothing to do with the upcoming trial turn over evidence, prosecutors said Tuesday.

The pre-trial flub came after Trump attorney Todd Blanche sent a subpoena to a man they believed to be former District Attorney Supervising Rackets Investigator Jeremy Rosenberg in March, seeking files related to Trump’s fixer-turned-enemy Michael Cohen, the Manhattan DA’s office said.

But the man was, in fact, a separate Jeremy Rosenberg — a Brooklyn resident who appears to have had a bit of fun with Trump’s attorneys.

“I don’t have any files for you,” Rosenberg wrote back to the Trump lawyers, according to a filing from Trump’s attorneys released Monday.

Rosenberg added that the “phone number you provided was disconnected” and that he’d be keeping the $15 Trump’s lawyers had sent him to help pay for sending the documents.

Blanche, a veteran ex-prosecutor, complained earlier this week that the man they believed was the ex-DA Rosenberg had displayed a “flippant and dismissive approach” to the request “despite ample experience with the criminal justice system that should have instilled in him respect for this process and a criminal defendant’s rights.”

Click on the link for the full article

• Haha 9

I'm enjoying watching him squirm.  He's clearly very desperate to stave off the trial, as he thinks he'll end up in jail.  His late night rantings are a good tell:

Trump Openly Complains About Being Thrown in Jail in Unhinged Rant Against Court Cases

Former President Donald Trump raised the specter of his possible spending time in jail in a social media post complete with his usual attacks on law enforcement and baseless claims that he is in some way a victim.

Trump addressed this concern by posting on Truth Social:

The White House Thugs should not be allowed to have these dangerous and unfair Biden Trials during my campaign for President. All of them, civil and criminal, could have been brought more than three years ago. It is an illegal attack on a Political Opponent. It is Communism at its worst, and Election Interference at its Best. No such thing has ever happened in our Country before. On Monday I will be forced to sit, GAGGED, before a HIGHLY CONFLICTED & CORRUPT JUDGE, whose hatred for me has no bounds. All of these New York and D.C. “Judges” and Prosecutors have the same MINDSET. Nobody but this Soros Prosecutor, Alvin Bragg, wanted to take this ridiculous case. All legal scholars say it is a sham. BIDEN’S DOJ IS RUNNING THE CASE. Just think of it, these animals want to put the former President of the United States (who got more votes than any sitting President!), & the PARTY’S REPUBLICAN CANDIDATE, IN JAIL, for doing absolutely nothing wrong. It is a RUSH TO THE FINISH. SO UNFAIR!

“SO UNFAIR!” are the petulant words one typically hears from a tired or hungry toddler and not that of a former president running for his second term, but here we are!

Click on the link for the rest

With him losing multiple last minute attempts to stop or delay the trial in recent days, I'm guessing the ketchup is under lock and key and there's a load in his diaper.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Thumb up 1

Man, i hope he has a severe stroke today. 
Then he is done, and instead of jail, he can spend his days drooling on his bib til he's dead.

Who's with me?
Severe STRRRRRROKE!

~Bang

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 5

21 minutes ago, Bang said:

Then he is done, and instead of jail, he can spend his days drooling on his bib til he's dead.

Who's with me?
Severe STRRRRRROKE!

~Bang

Right now I think a badly broken ankle would go a lot way. Can't walk for a long time due to that weight. Maybe ever again. He'd never be seen in public.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, China said:

I'm enjoying watching him squirm.  He's clearly very desperate to stave off the trial, as he thinks he'll end up in jail.  His late night rantings are a good tell:

I’m not convinced his lawyers are smart enough to prepare him for realistic outcomes. Even if they are, I’m certainly not convinced he would accept what they have to say. This is the guy that couldn’t sit through the daily intel briefings without turning it into him just ranting the whole time. 

between this and the sudden shift on abortion (shift to some weird non-committal stance) my thought is their internal polling is telling them things don’t look good. Pushing off trials and trying to get ahead of the pending onslaught of pro choice ads is their only option to try to get back into reasonable contention (assuming that’s possible)

(which, my thoughts about their actions and what it means about their campaign should not be conflated with my personal thoughts about how dumb this country is and how we may still elect him trials, jail time, and abortion bans aside)

Edited by tshile

2 hours ago, Bang said:

Who's with me?
Severe STRRRRRROKE!

~Bang

I mean OJ died today. Could we be lucky again?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 4/10/2024 at 10:31 AM, TheGreatBuzz said:

If you want to blame Garland, may as well blame Biden. And also the way our judicial branch is set up. 

Lots of blame to go around but if you wanted a more proactive AG, y

On 4/10/2024 at 10:34 AM, China said:

The irony is that Merrick Garland has a temperament better suited for a Supreme Court justice than an A.G.

• Thumb up 2

2 hours ago, tshile said:

Strokes no joke

I'm not joking.
This guy needs to go away.

~Bang

42 minutes ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

Fixed it.

No, no... that would preclude the ability to speak exists.

Turn him into a vegetable. Breathing with minimal brain activity, like, just enough so he doesn't forget to breathe.

At first.

~Bang

• Haha 3

13 minutes ago, Bang said:

I'm not joking.
This guy needs to go away.

~Bang

No, no... that would preclude the ability to speak exists.

Turn him into a vegetable. Breathing with minimal brain activity, like, just enough so he doesn't forget to breathe.

At first.

~Bang

They could give him a bell to ring instead lol...

• Haha 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, tshile said:

Strokes no joke

As a recovered stroke person, it's no joke. Given his diet and little exercise he's headed that way and I'm sure he's been told this stuff. The stress from the upcoming trial has got to be through the roof. He cares about the money penalties and the one isn't looking good. The criminal trial will hit him because he has to appear in court every day and not just when he feels like it. It's a very small example of what having to be somewhere you don't want to be is what prison or house detention is like.