Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Convicted felon Donald Trump on Trial (Found guilty on 34 felony counts. 54 criminal count still in the air). Supreme Court rules in Trump's favor sends immunity case back to the lower court. Aileen Cannon (R-Florida) dismisses classified docs case

Cooked Crack

Will Trump be convicted in any of his cases?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Will Trump be convicted in any of his cases?

• Yes. He's going 4 for 4. (including Georgia)
    • He's going to lose 3
    • Two for sure
    • He's only going to get convicted in one
    • No. He's going to skate

This poll is closed to new votes

12 hours ago, China said:

Yeah, I think you got it.  That is, Trump will need a waiver from DeSantis to be able to vote.  Which I’m sure he’ll grant, although it would be funny if he didn’t.

Desantis should demand a cabinet position.

3 hours ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

That's the thing about juries...it's a small group of people talking face-to-face, discussing evidence that is clear-cut and undeniable, at the instruction of a judge who tells them what they are supposed to be determining by law. I think we've grown accustomed to our discussions being between millions of people anonymously, with no instruction on what we're supposed to be doing other than proclaiming we are right as loudly and stubbornly as we can...wouldn't surprise me if we extrapolated that onto what we think juries are doing.

They also spent - what, 5 weeks? - listening to evidence, and testimony.  

Not 40 memes telling them what things they should ignore.  

• Thumb up 4

3 hours ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

And we all know how MAGA feels about politicians who campaign on a promise to prosecute an opposing politician.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jabbyrwock said:

Nominees of the major parties have, since I think the 50's, been given regular classified briefings.  So even "private citizen (but nominee) Trump" might have access to classified information as well. There's no law, to my knowledge, that says it has to happen...but it has been tradition.

I believe it's a tradition which President Trump ignored, when Joe Biden became the nominee.  And again when he became President-elect.  

1 hour ago, tshile said:

Do we get to call him the felon in chief if he wins?

Watters getting trolled by his own mom all day is ****ing hilarious 

If he gets elected again, you may as well just start saying "Heil to the chief"

I remember numerous instances where Trump supporters admit that a second term might indeed have less grown ups to reign in Trump.....but that it'll all be the Dems fault for persecuting him. Catoggio, as always, nails it:

Bone-deep dishonesty about respect for norms is the first thing to recognize in the dark warnings today that “two can play at this game!” from people who enthusiastically supported a coup attempt three years ago. Coup apologists do not care about norms, by definition. They’re not angry that Democrats haven’t shown proper respect for electoral fair play by convicting Trump, they’re angry that this was something done to their side rather than something their side did to the other.

The entire point of Donald Trump’s worldview is to be unapologetically ruthless in seeking advantage, norms be damned. And from the jump, the right has embraced it. “The party that has thrice nominated a greedy, prideful, mendacious, wrathful, bigot who gleefully slanders others, admitted to sexual assault on tape, [and] defrauded poor people who attended his fake university somehow believe they have been taking the moral high ground?” an astonished Tim Miller asked today about the sudden Strange New Respect for norms on the right.

I think they do believe it. I get the sense from many Trump supporters that they’d be willing to go much further than a coup or putting Joe Biden on trial in the name of excluding leftists from power permanently and should be appreciated for the “restraint” they’ve shown thus far. The sentiments we’re seeing on social media today, e.g., “I used to hate Trump but then he got convicted for a crooked cover-up of a hush-money scheme so now I’m a fascist,” suggest that the verdict in Manhattan has become a timely excuse to shed a little more of that restraint.

Being MAGA means forever blaming others for your own illiberal impulses.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/coups-norms-223839498.html?fr=sycsrp_catchall

• Like 1
  • Thumb down 1

9 hours ago, Fergasun said:

And again. 

We don't trust criminals to faithfully execute the laws. 

Anyone over 45 who remembers George Bush campainging on "rule of law" raise your hand.  Trump continuing his campaign is pure lunacy.  

But I suppose Obama broke too many minds, somehow.  Just can't figure out why.  What about Obama being President aggrieved so many.

A black man become president and had actual power over a white man. That is a no-no.

"My juror": Trump believed a loyalist on the jury could save him, until the very end

Donald Trump apparently held out hope that one juror — who he viewed as skeptical of the New York prosecutors’ case — would keep a guilty verdict from being imposed in his hush money trial.

Per Rolling Stone, Trump insiders were still disillusioned that a lone juror could keep the former president safe from any number of the 34 counts of felony falsification of business records. Ultimately, all 12 jurors found him guilty on each of the counts, after the weeks-long trial ended on Thursday afternoon.

Trump went so far as to call the jury member “my juror” in private conversations, based on his confidence in his legal team’s analysis of the Manhattan resident’s body language, Rolling Stone reported. They were hopeful that smiles and approving nods from the juror could be enough to achieve a hung jury. 

Click on the link for the full article

• Haha 4

Posted (edited)

Every Country Trump Can't Travel to with His Felony Conviction

Many countries around the world don't grant entry to people with a felony conviction on their record.

With this in mind, the World Population Review notes that people with a felony conviction (like Trump) wouldn't be able to enter a few selected countries upfront, including Canada, Australia, Japan, and the UK, among others. Among the countries that deny entry to people with a felony conviction only if it is discovered are Mexico and Ireland, together with a few other nations.

Take a look at the full list of countries that likely either won't allow Trump (like other individuals with a felony conviction) to enter upfront or won't allow him to enter only if his criminal status is discovered, according to World Population Review data:

1. Argentina: Denied upon entry
2. Australia: Denied upon entry
3. Brazil: Denied if discovered
4. Cambodia: Denied if discovered
5. Canada: Denied upon entry
6. Chile: Denied if discovered
7. China: Denied upon entry
8. Cuba: Denied upon entry
9. Dominican Republic: Denied if discovered
10. Egypt: Denied if discovered
11. Ethiopia: Denied if discovered
12. Hong Kong: Denied if discovered
13. India: Denied upon entry
14. Indonesia: Denied if discovered
15. Iran: Denied upon entry
16. Ireland: Denied if discovered
17. Israel: Denied upon entry
18. Japan: Denied upon entry
19. Kenya: Denied upon entry
20. Macau: Denied upon entry
21. Malaysia: Denied if discovered
22. Mexico: Denied if discovered
23. Morocco: Denied if discovered
24. Nepal: Denied if discovered
25. New Zealand: Denied upon entry
26. Peru: Denied if discovered
27. Philippines: Denied if discovered
28. Singapore: Denied if discovered
29. South Africa: Denied upon entry
30. South Korea: Denied if discovered
31. Taiwan: Denied upon entry
32. Tanzania: Denied if discovered
33. Tunisia: Denied if discovered
34. Turkey: Denied if discovered
35. Ukraine: Denied if discovered
36. United Arab Emirates: Denied if discovered
37. United Kingdom: Denied upon entry

https://www.thrillist.com/news/nation/countries-that-dont-allow-felony-convictions-travelers

Edited by EmirOfShmo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

39 minutes ago, EmirOfShmo said:

Every Country Trump Can't Travel to with His Felony Conviction

Many countries around the world don't grant entry to people with a felony conviction on their record.

With this in mind, the World Population Review notes that people with a felony conviction (like Trump) wouldn't be able to enter a few selected countries upfront, including Canada, Australia, Japan, and the UK, among others. Among the countries that deny entry to people with a felony conviction only if it is discovered are Mexico and Ireland, together with a few other nations.

Take a look at the full list of countries that likely either won't allow Trump (like other individuals with a felony conviction) to enter upfront or won't allow him to enter only if his criminal status is discovered, according to World Population Review data:

37. United Kingdom: Denied upon entry

https://www.thrillist.com/news/nation/countries-that-dont-allow-felony-convictions-travelers

TFG has (had?) a place in Scotland he was quite fond of. :ols:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

An email account I don’t use anymore, and certainly has never signed up for political messages, got SIX fundraising spam messages from Trump in the 24 hours after the verdict.

They are written in a style of 1995 internet by someone has just discovered html tags to change fonts and color.

IMG_6427.jpeg

IMG_6428.png

• Haha 3

31 minutes ago, Corcaigh said:

An email account I don’t use anymore, and certainly has never signed up for political messages, got SIX fundraising spam messages from Trump in the 24 hours after the verdict.

They are written in a style of 1995 internet by someone has just discovered html tags to change fonts and color.

IMG_6427.jpeg

IMG_6428.png

Now this is an issue where both sides-ism is applicable. 🤣

Yeah but I feel like the dems emails at least use a formatting and presentation that doesn’t make you want to burn your eyes out of your head just trying to read it and see what it’s talking about 

Just trying to read those right-wing emails makes my brain hurt 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, tshile said:

Yeah but I feel like the dems emails at least use a formatting and presentation that doesn’t make you want to burn your eyes out of your head just trying to read it and see what it’s talking about 

Yeah looking at those Trump fundraising emails makes me think of the old "blink" tag that used to be in HTML back in the day, where you could literally make your entire webpage blink just by enclosing the full code in that tag.  :ols: 

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, tshile said:

And the keyboard of the writer of the Dem emails has a functioning key for a period. Trump’s doesn’t and they have to use an exclamation mark at the end of every single sentence!

EDIT: I checked my Junk folder and there are more Trump fundraising emails from yesterday there. Would ten separate emails in a single 24 hour period in bold fonts, yellow highlighting and exclamation marks convince you to take action? Or just think it’s confirmation that Grandpa has lost his marbles?

IMG_6431.png

Edited by Corcaigh

2 minutes ago, Corcaigh said:

And the keyboard of the writer of the Dem emails has a functioning key for a period. Trump’s doesn’t and they have to use an exclamation mark at the end of every single sentence!

• Haha 4