Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official 2023 ES Free Agency Thread... available until Free Agency 2024 begins

Riggo-toni

2 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Okudah sucks. He's not much better than Forbes but at least Forbes is younger.

Simmons might be worth a looksie. He's a unique talent though and you gotta find a way to use him.

What is your obsession with age, do all players now retire at 27 ?

• Haha 2

37 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

What is your obsession with age, do all players now retire at 27 ?

First off, CBs tend to fall off much faster than other positions. Younger players give you more years at higher upside. 

When you're comparing two players, and they're both kinda sorta the same(in this case, they're both pretty much bad players by any metric), you go with the guy who is at least younger.

21 minutes ago, AlwaysBeRedskins2Me said:

The Eagles losing the terrific, phenomenal pass rusher Haason Reddick would be good. If he actually came to our team, that would be spectacular!

yeah, unfortunately the only way it happens is if we somehow con someone into trading for him and then trading for him from them

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, MrJL said:

the Houston Texans picked 2 last year and won the AFC South .

Also the last time we picked 2 we won the NFC East.  We were only 7-9 but we won it.  And six of our losses last year were by one score

Anything is possible and I would love to see it.  But no one should expect an immediate turnaround for a team picking #2 in the draft.

8 hours ago, seantaylor=god said:

Chase Young, seriously?

Why the **** would he want to come back?

Why would we want him? 

Maybe because he's extremely talented and because our new GM traded for him.  It's not impossible for Chase to come back to DC.  Oh yeah...you see what he is doing in the Super Bowl.  When you get him playing with effort he's phenomenal.  I think Quinn could get him playing with high effort.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dexter said:

When you get him playing with effort he's phenomenal.  I think Quinn could get him playing with high effort.

Entirely possible, but we also saw him give up on plays. Lots of them. Pass. Give me someone that wants to play 

• Like 4
  • Thumb up 2

13 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Young is gonna con some sucker into paying him after running into a sack and grounding olaying on a stacked defense.

Come on now, he beat the left tackle bad, knocked his hands down and ran around him. And got another on Mahomes who tried to throw it away. Intentional grounding. It's about time he did something for them. 

40 minutes ago, skinsfan66 said:

Come on now, he beat the left tackle bad, knocked his hands down and ran around him. And got another on Mahomes who tried to throw it away. Intentional grounding. It's about time he did something for them. 

One sack. Thats it. The grounding was Mahomes running into him. He hasnt done anything otherwise. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

Young is gonna con some sucker into paying him after running into a sack and grounding olaying on a stacked defense.

Chase was looking really good for us and then disappeared on the 9'ers. I'm happy for him that he is getting this super bowl performance. I would sign him, if not for the knee. But, he is never going to be the player he could have been and this team doesn't need the connection to that past. 

I'd take both Huff and Danielle Hunter, though. 

• Like 1

after watching Kyle's team last night, and looking at their Cap situation for next year, man they are a lot like dallas.:

image.png.9d22658bf2f8aace53e3a49a932998e9.png

And they have some huge cap hits amont their top twelve players

image.png.737bdcbb6d8bf95ff1b05b1dba39f4af.png

They will have a hard tim resigning any of their free agents.

Which include some names:

Jon Feliciano C
Chase Young DE
Ray-ray McCloud WR
Jauan Jennings WR (the fellow who through the TD pass in the first half)

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/san-francisco-49ers/

(all this information from sporttrac)

It makes me wonder what we might expect in the first year with Adam Peters, will we run the Cap that Tight? Or do we not use all that space so we have space to resign folks in 2025, 2026?

I've no idea what we might do, but both San Fran and Dallas will likely not be returning a number of their play off players from this year.

That could mean opportunity if lady luck should favor a certain franchise this year.

• Like 2

On 2/7/2024 at 8:39 PM, Conn said:

I said it in another thread but Juaun Jennings would become a fan favorite role player here. One of Peters’ guys, likely. Perfect 4th WR who can take a bigger role if someone’s hurt. Clutch on 3rd down, most of his receptions were in tough situations to gain 1st downs. Can block his ass off. Some YAC ability, he hates to go down. 

I’d still want a stud across from McLaurin to push Dotson into the slot. But Juaun Jennings would be the perfect complement. Especially if Kliff is going to be running lots of 4-5 WR sets 

I know we established he is a RFA, but nice call pre Super Bowl.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, FrFan said:

L'jarius Sneed, Mike Evans, Danielle Hunter, Tyron Smith (also to mentor our rookies), Dalton Schultz, Patrick Queen, AJ Epenesa.

Were not gonna break the bank on so many high profile FAs year 1 of a rebuild

• Like 1