Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official 2023 ES Free Agency Thread... available until Free Agency 2024 begins

Riggo-toni

Just now, Warhead36 said:

I think Harris wants to see how Young plays under a new staff next season and is okay tagging him.

Eh, maybe.  

It's also possible the trade value for Young is less than Sweat and they don't want to give up a higher-ceiling athlete for a lesser return. 

And I'd be fine with that. 

• Like 3

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

We got to keep the 31st ranked defense intact

got to improve it.  Removing all the players means we have more positions we have to upgrade even if we get resources in return.  Better to adjust the system and fill in around the good players than just start from scratch

Just now, MrJL said:

got to improve it.  Removing all the players means we have more positions we have to upgrade even if we get resources in return.  Better to adjust the system and fill in around the good players than just start from scratch

Trading for example 30 year old Kendall Fuller as an example is fine.  What are we keeping intact?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, MrJL said:

Don't forget that we will get Apke back next year!

Edited by Chris 44
  • Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

Wow, that pick is gonna be a really high 2nd.

I mean, the "why" seems obvious. The only FA they had that anyone would consider tag-worthy would be Jaylon Johnson, and reports are that they are at a divorce stage with him. So Sweat becomes an obvious guy to be tagged if he isn't signed long-term.