Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official 2023 ES Free Agency Thread... available until Free Agency 2024 begins

Riggo-toni

Just now, TeddyKGB said:

I agree with you but 14 mil is pretty rich for TH when other backup qbs are getting 3-6 mil. I wonder if the bring in an XFL qb like Montez back.

watch it be jordan ta'amu. no joke i'm keeping an eye on the defenders. might be the only chance at a championship i see in  a long time.

1 hour ago, Est.1974 said:

I prefer the one with Eddie Murphy.

Jamie Lee Curtis.....Nice.

Just give Dalton a 1 year 3mil deal and be done with it. Add a day 3 draft pick. Give Howell the keys and see where we go.

Funny stuff 1year 3mil. just to come to Washington!

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, TeddyKGB said:

The money saved on Heinicke and others should be used on a Curl extension sooner than later.

TH didnt make alot . If we want Dalton he will cost 3-4 million. Which is more than TH made last year.

50 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Redhead seems to be the logical choice.  Dalton.  

Not in my eyes need to sign a mobile vet that plays similar to Howell so they dont have to change the offense if he fails or gets injured.

23 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

Is there no news around the league at the minute or is it just quiet because @Skinsinparadise has taken a couple of hours away from the board. Who sanctioned that ? :)

Am back and ready for action.

The  reporter forgot her name who spoke to Rivera yesterday was on Sheehan this morning and she alluded to them likely waiting for the market to settle and then perhaps sign more -- she didn't exactly say it like that but it was the impression I got.

2 hours ago, Rex Tomb said:

I'm all for Jack Campbell - what are the projections for him - round 1 or more round 2?  Would he still be available by Pick 47?

I'd guess early 2nd.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Be interesting to see the details on the deal Heinicke signed. I would assume the headline number of $20M includes a lot of incentives based on playing time etc etc. The base deal and guaranteed money will much much lower I would think. Top of the market for a backup is around the $7M per year number and I would be stunned if he is at that level.

Just now, MartinC said:

Be interesting to see the details on the deal Heinicke signed. I would assume the headline number of $20M includes a lot of incentives based on playing time etc etc. The base deal and guaranteed money will much much lower I would think. Top of the market for a backup is around the $7M per year number and I would be stunned if he is at that level.

Hope you’re sitting down, then. He’s at $7M/year.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Conn said:

Because not everyone agrees he was fun to watch outside of the TB playoff game. And his reputation as a beloved locker room guy and all-around great guy is imo overstated and partially a result of projection. And on top of that, his hardcore fans have gone through periods of being some of the most annoying (but well-meaning) internet denizens you could encounter. 

Sounds like Dan, I am not having any fun right before he fired Schotty and brought some more of the f-ups.

5 minutes ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

ian Rappaport reported 6.5 mil total guaranteed. Not per year

First year they have 6.32 mill guaranteed,  He'll get to 7 mill if he plays the year.  The second year there is an easy out of 2 mill dead.  So it's a good shot at 1/7 (so still likely 7 mill per....just for 1).

edit: link

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/atlanta-falcons/taylor-heinicke-17249#:~:text=Contract Notes%3A,680%2C000%2C 15 LTBE in 2023)

Edited by CommDownMan
  • Thumb up 1

26 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

The  reporter forgot her name who spoke to Rivera yesterday was on Sheehan this morning and she alluded to them likely waiting for the market to settle and then perhaps sign more -- she didn't exactly say it like that but it was the impression I got.

NFL Network's Sherree Burruss?  She must be new, never heard of her but she was giving NFLN updates yesterday and the one that mentioned Bridgewater or Andy Dalton.

Edited by HigSkin

6 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

NFL Network's Sherree Burruss?  She must be new, never heard of her but she was giving NFLN updates yesterday and the one that mentioned Tyrod Taylor or Andy Dalton.

Tyrod is signed with the Giants for the next couple years. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MartinC said:

Most teams are in 11 personnel the majority of the time - so 3 wide plus a TE and back.  The 'starter' next to Davis will likely be a third safety rolled into the box (the big nickel or 'Buffalo safety'). I see us in 3 safety 1 backer more than 3 safety 2 backers.

The second linebacker is more of a role player who will come in if the O is in a run situation or by formation go heavy and you want to match up. Its still a thing and not unimportant but it factors into position value both in terms of when and where you draft that off ball backer and what you are prepared to pay for that guy. If its a high pick or big deal it has to be someone who is an athletic freak where they can both fill a gap, run sideline to sideline to chase down a play and carry a TE down the field in coverage - not many of those around.

Not many teams who line up and try to just knock you off the ball with a power run game anymore where you need 3 good backers.

Correct. We play mostly a 4-2-5 big nickle D. Last year we had McCain bouncing back and forth between safety and CB, Curl coming up to the line as the big nickle at times.

Before Holcomb was hurt, most of our defensive plays had Holcomb and Davis on the field. When Holcomb was hurt, we had more DBs on the field.

Maybe you think Barton will be on the field with Davis for 90%+ snaps as the second backer and that's the point you're making. I a not sure. I'd like an upgrade.

Two years ago, Holcomb played almost every single snap and they rotated the other LBer bringing Davis along, but even when Collins was showing out, there was still 2 LBers on the field. 

We don't use 1 LBer as a base(at least when a second LBer is healthy) and we can stop with the "MIKE/knock you off the ball" stuff. We're all in agreement there.

• Like 1

Just now, HigSkin said:

Sorry she mentioned Bridgewater, not Taylor

Gotcha! :) Teddy is good and I know we are looking at him as a backup but he has suffered so many injuries.  Dalton is not mobile.  I guess out of the two, I'd go with Dalton.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RWJ said:

Redhead seems to be the logical choice.  Dalton.  

1 hour ago, RWJ said:

Dude, we need a vet QB on this team. Curl can be signed to a LTD next year. 

Why? None of the others made it here, I would rather sign Curl. You pay who performs, why waist money on a bad QB. Draft a back up. can't be any worse.

4 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Gotcha! :) Teddy is good and I know we are looking at him as a backup but he has suffered so many injuries.  Dalton is not mobile.  I guess out of the two, I'd go with Dalton.  

What about Mariota? Besides Brissett I’ve thought he’d be the best fit for this offense from the start.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, skinsfan66 said:

Why? None of the others made it here, I would rather sign Curl. You pay who performs, why waist money on a bad QB. Draft a back up. can't be any worse.

You think a $3mil 1 year deal for a back up vet QB is going to keep us from resigning Curl next year? Interesting :ols:

Also, we've drafted DeFo and Butler. We may not even try to resign Curl.