Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official 2023 ES Free Agency Thread... available until Free Agency 2024 begins

Riggo-toni

6 minutes ago, sebestian said:
Source: Former #Chiefs RT Andrew Wylie plans to sign a 3-year, $24M deal with the Washington Commanders, reuniting him with OC Eric Bieniemy. Wylie started 59 games in five years for KC and had the game of his life in the Super Bowl against Philadelphia. Now a nice payday.

yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rebuild that line

• Like 1

Just now, Warhead36 said:

I'm thinking they're gonna bank on Roullier and/or Larsen returning to form to solidify the C spot. Maybe draft someone in the middle rounds to develop.

The only issue is that Roullier has been injury prone the past few seasons which is why I think they should explore other options in FA

I'd love to get Chase, Larson and Wes back too. Our Oline is going to turn into a strength this year.

I wonder if this is going to open up the 1rst round of the draft for us. We're in prime position to get the top LBer at 16. Would be stoked to add Sanders or Simpson.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

So Gates will presumably be the new starting LG and Wylie will be starting at RT. This might take OL off the board for us in the 1st round, unless a potential franchise stud LT falls to that spot.

Gates could be starting center or guard

• Like 1

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

My mind is already resigned to it being Heinicke so am not losing sleep over it now. 

But I like the first 2 FA signings.

Wylie and Gates.  Yes, me too.  I had to be sold on Gates, but you did that for me.  Thanks, SIP. :) 

I don't know. He allowed 9 sacks last year, was considered the weak link in KC's line. Obviously a pro that Bienemy lobbied for him but just on paper, Gates and Wylie doesn't feel too different from last year's approach to fixing the o-line.

• Like 1

Just now, bearrock said:

I guess Wylie means Cosmi to RG?  Did he play a bit there last season?  How did he look?

Gates' numbers will be telling. But given he was a clear target, my guess is he'll be brought here to start.

Leno - Gates - Roullier - Cosmi - Wylie

Still very open for the draft at Center and Tackle. Need youth. 

• Like 1