Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How much money do you think Commander Dan will get for what he sells of the franchise in 2023?

The Rook

How much money do you think will Danny get for what he sells in 2023? 

Pay Day Money GIF

One of the things that intrigues me is the amount of money being discussed for the sell of the franchise.  I have always thought that the $7B price tag was ridiculous and the $6.3B numbers leaked from the 2 preliminary "bids" seem to justify my skepticism. In a fair world, he should probably not get more than 10% above the $4.65B number from the Denver Broncos' sell ($5,12B).  There are some costly items (stadium, facilities) that should be consider in the purchase which should drive the price down.

I would love for the market to drop below $6.3B just because I believe the Forbes $5.6B assessment in August should be the high water mark, but I think the other NFL owners would like to think this is their low water mark.

So course, this is just my thoughts and the market will bear what the market will bear.  AND Danny will be Danny.

Danny may not like the numbers and decide not to sell, or just sell a portion.

So, what do you think? Danny sells it all for X dollars?  Danny sells a part for X dollars? Danny doesn't sell any?

I'm going with $6.15B for the whole enchilada,  Way above market and less than he wants.

:229:The Rook

42 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

I think unless Bezos enters the bidding, Dan won’t sell. The 2 bidders will be too low and Dan won’t sell.

I think that may be his inclination, but the other owners may "nudge" him.  Him selling a controlling interest for say, $4B could be a real possibility (as much as I hate the idea).

Anything is possible with that troll.  

mickey mouse troll GIF

:229:The Rook

1 hour ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

I think unless Bezos enters the bidding, Dan won’t sell. The 2 bidders will be too low and Dan won’t sell.

You basically take the most recent report that has grabbed you and extrapolate the most negative outcome from it, and that becomes your strongly held belief of the week. So this is no surprise. Now you’ll post it with confidence as if it’s an original idea you’ve held for a while, until the next thing comes along to doom and gloom about 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, shemp nixon said:

Dan stole from the other owners, IMO he is out of options. The team will be sold, and he has little to no say in it.  

Not entirely sure that is how it will play out. I think it’s more likely than not at this stage he sells, to be transparent. But Snyder (allegedly) knows what the skeletons the other owners have are and where they are buried. This is a very sensitive topic. Other owners are going to be very careful about it.

I’ve said from the beginning I’ll believe it when I see it. Not changing from that.

Having said that, this is a topic about how much he could sell for, not debating if he will sell or not.

So to stay on topic: I think, in the event the team is sold, he’s looking at north of $6.5B 

7 hours ago, The Rook said:

I would love for the market to drop below $6.3B just because I believe the Forbes $5.6B assessment in August should be the high water mark, but I think the other NFL owners would like to think this is their low water mark.

IMHO, considering the state of the team under Dan Snyder, scandals, inability to win in the long run, stadium going to crumble, low level training facilities, fan exodus and everything else I forgot, I always found it weird that the franchise was valued that high. It seems to be mostly driven by possible value more than anything else. It's been a low tier franchise for a long time, so having us in the top tier when it comes to value is kinda weird.

I guess Dan expects this be sold at +7B$ because that's Dan and he still thinks he's smarter than anyone. So I believe he'll be pretty disappointed when final bids will be in. Because possible owners aren't that dumb and aren't gonnaput a 7B bid just to please Dan. They'll take everything into account before bidding. Hell, one possible bidder even went on to buy a NBA franchise, which is somehow also telling.

He won't be glad, but if he can sell this team for something between 6 and 6.5B, that would be quite remarkable considering the state of the team right now. And if I'm his counselor, I would advise him to take anything he can muster here, shut the **** up and get out quickly because that's the best outcome for him.

Not selling now and keeping on this track, with all scandals and stuff will only do one thing: lower the price of the franchise.

• Like 3

He ought to fetch a pretty penny - this is a franchise in a big market with a dormant fanbase just waiting to be roused by a winner (or at least a team that isn't nigh-on unwatchable). Let's not forget that it wasn't that long ago that FedEx, of all places, was loud and decidedly partisan during that incredible 2012 regular season. If the $7 billion pricetag is too high then I reckon it'll go for a figure just south of it. 

• Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

28 minutes ago, tomwvr said:

6.8 b 

Dan Moves to England and is allowed to be a minority owner of the new team in London in 2-5 years

Why would the NFL ever touch Snyder again after they finally rid themselves of him. Not happening 

• Like 1

The sell value IMO will come in well lower than it should compared to the perceived value. But this team requires some SERIOUS capital over the next few years. Need to do some updates to ashburn to at least make it usable condition. The constant fed ex updates. An entire new staff top to bottom in likely all departments. Including non football ops. Then ultimately close to 10 figures for the stadium over the next 5 years. 

Its closer to 5.5 than 6.5. The team could double in value though by 2030 with relative ease 

• Like 1