Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

We may have different opinions on RR as a HC but he's a good man! This is just one way it shows.

RWJ

None of that actually matters when it comes to X's & O's, and more importantly Wins & Loses.  I don't give a damn if our coach is priest like (think Joe Gibbs), or a literal devil (Think Belichick).  All i care about and all that matters at the end of the day are wins and loses.  We're NOT headed in the right direction in my opinion when it comes to his actual coaching capabilities.  I have already made long posts going over his terrible judgement at the QB position, and being too loyal to mediocre players/coaches.  Luckily he's a lame duck coach next year when we get a new owner, and Rivera will be fired by this time next year.  It's a damn shame that the new owner is coming into the picture now instead of January, that way we could've fired Ron already and made a run at someone like Sean Payton.

Edited by samy316
  • Thumb down 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Great post, I appreciate this. Ron has been brought respect to the organization and will get us to the next level next season. I've been critical of RR at times but there's no denying that he's a good man and an asset to the organization in many more ways than wins and losses.

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 2

9 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Based on what? 

How about his bull**** shots at Art Monk and Darrell Green?

https://commanderswire.usatoday.com/2022/11/15/washington-wide-receiver-terry-mclaurin-pays-homage-to-art-monk-after-commanders-win-over-eagles-nick-sirianni/

If it looks like a douche, and sounds like a douche, it's probably a douche.

Look I know everyone is ready to anoint Siriani as the next great thing in the NFL but the truth is it's probably more to do with Howie Roseman. Lest we all forget they won their first Superbowl with Doug Pederson and he got run out of town pretty quickly thereafter. 

Also I want to add that it's not RR's fault Dan Snyder owns this team and has pretty much NEVER hired a true GM.

Edited by CobraCommander
  • Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

3 hours ago, CobraCommander said:

How about his bull**** shots at Art Monk and Darrell Green?

https://commanderswire.usatoday.com/2022/11/15/washington-wide-receiver-terry-mclaurin-pays-homage-to-art-monk-after-commanders-win-over-eagles-nick-sirianni/

If it looks like a douche, and sounds like a douche, it's probably a douche.

Look I know everyone is ready to anoint Siriani as the next great thing in the NFL but the truth is it's probably more to do with Howie Roseman. Lest we all forget they won their first Superbowl with Doug Pederson and he got run out of town pretty quickly thereafter. 

Also I want to add that it's not RR's fault Dan Snyder owns this team and has pretty much NEVER hired a true GM.

That makes him “an awful man”? Has nothing to do with anointing him. The guy is a bit of a **** talker and a prick in his competitiveness. A little different than being a bad person. 

Edited by Conn

Most of the evil coaches are in college. Harder to be evil when you’re in charge of grown men who are empowered than when you can bully kids.

Urban Meyer was always an asshole. Both Harbaugh’s are asshats. Pete Carroll is another POS that has managed to stick around the NFL.

Anybody with the last name Ryan.

Jerry Sandusky was kind’ve evil I hear.

Ron Rivera is a leader of men. Best coach we’ve had since Gibbs.

Edited by Sacks 'n' Stuff
  • Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

On 2/9/2023 at 11:02 PM, Warhead36 said:

Who cares. 

Evidently the Armed Services community, but thank you for your timely inappropriateness. 

:229:The Rook

On 2/9/2023 at 11:09 PM, samy316 said:

All i care about and all that matters at the end of the day are wins and loses.

Joe Paterno fan, eh?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, The Rook said:

Joe Paterno fan, eh?

If you prefer mediocre coaches, Ron’s the guy for you.  Im not too enthralled with going 7-10 or 8-9 every year, but you might be if Ron’s your kind of coach.  There’s more to being a good NFL coach than being a decent man, or a community advocate.  Namely, knowing X’s & O’s, game planning and making adjustments.  In all those categories, he’s thoroughly mediocre.

• Like 2

On 2/9/2023 at 11:09 PM, samy316 said:

None of that actually matters when it comes to X's & O's, and more importantly Wins & Loses.  I don't give a damn if our coach is priest like (think Joe Gibbs), or a literal devil (Think Belichick).  All i care about and all that matters at the end of the day are wins and loses.  We're NOT headed in the right direction in my opinion when it comes to his actual coaching capabilities.  I have already made long posts going over his terrible judgement at the QB position, and being too loyal to mediocre players/coaches.  Luckily he's a lame duck coach next year when we get a new owner, and Rivera will be fired by this time next year.  It's a damn shame that the new owner is coming into the picture now instead of January, that way we could've fired Ron already and made a run at someone like Sean Payton.

So you are Ok if the HC is Jeffery Dhamer or as someone above said Joe Paterno as long as they win games? Just win baby! Molest children, physically abuse athletes, run human trafficing rings, sexually assault woman, but as long as you win you are Ok?  Yes, it takes more than being a good guy to be a good HC. But it's a very important part of it.  Yes i am purposefully exxagerrating but it's in response to the bolded which is also an exxaggeration. 

And it's interesting that you talk about how you have called out his mistakes at QB as if no one, or very few others have - despite alomost every person on the board haiving done the same thing. I can't remember a single person who has said, yea, Ron has done a good job at QB. If they did they were very much alone. And what you have left out is that outsdie QB he has build a pretty strong roster that looks to only get better as the young players get into thier 2nd and 3rd seasons. And it's possible in the end he did solve the QB position with a 5th rounder. 

You can't trash the QB decions without also talking about how he has greatly improved the WR positions, CB, Dline, RB and even Oline outside last season (yes they miscalculated there but lot's of injuries hurt them). On the whole this roster is night and day better than the one he inherited. Even QB is not worse. It's not like we had a franchise QB and he gave them away to go in a different direction. And you may disagree with how he tried and it may not have worked out, but he has tried every off season to fix the position. So it's not like he thinks it's solved when it's not. He know's it needs to be fixed. 

What mediocre players has he kept too long? He has signed a few midrange players but he also let most of them go if they did not work. ALos, he just fired Scott Turner, admitting he is not a fit. It's not like Turner was here for 5 or 7 serason. 3 Seasons isn't long. Yet Ron cut bait, despite knowing he is likely gone when a new owner takes over. 

And many people really, really, really do not understand how difficult it is to do your best work with a POS like Dan Snyder as your boss ****ing things up both on and off the field. Being HC is already an exausting job. It takes 100% concentration to be successful and even then sometimes it's not enough. Yet Ron had to answer a bnuch of stupid questions around the team and deal with a bunch of drama. He also had to clear out the bad attitudes in the lockeroom.

Yet despste all the bul**** surrounding him and the negativity, him getting cancer, and the Dan effect, he found time to help our service men and women to the point they felt the need to recognize him. I am 100% proud that Ron R is our HC. Is he perfect? Absolutely not. And I expect him to be fired with the rest of the staff when a new owner comes on- which is fine. But they will have to be careful as they could do a lot worse than Ron. Being a good HC and a great human being is oddly enough important to most people. 

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

26 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

do you know how many good coaches have come through here without succeeding? Organizationally, we’re a cesspool. Almost anybody else coaching Dan Snyder’s football team with the QBs we’ve had these last three years, you’d be looking at maybe half the wins that Ron got. That’s probably being generous.

Mike Shanahan with his superbowl credentials and all star staff couldn't do ****.

Gibbs 2 was as mediocre as Rivera.

Schotenheimer was a winner everywhere he went but here despite having a phenomenal second half of his first season the troll couldn't stand not having full control.

Rivera has his flaws and probably will be fired after next year unless the team pulls off a miracle but he doesn't deserve the hate he gets here, he's done as much as probably anybody else could have done under the circumstances and more than most.

Edited by redskinss
  • Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

38 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Sirianni is also an asshole. The reason he goes for it on 4th down so much is because he has a tiny pecker.

Or because he’s smart and that’s what more teams should be doing. Easier done with a QB like Hurts of course. But it’s the correct move, analytically. 

50 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Sirianni is also an asshole. The reason he goes for it on 4th down so much is because he has a tiny pecker.

Or its because he has a real good QB and offense and its tactically the right thing to do.

But hey, I want to win games. If you want class go watch the children's choir.

The point of this thread is to show something positive about the coach of our team. To show that he’s a great person, respectful and not just another guy that doesn’t care for the people around him. This is meant to be a celebration. 

instead of giving him some kudos, y’all come in here and ruin things by saying, basically, that he is a crap coach. And who cares if he’s a good person. A lot of people care. It seems as if good people are in short supply lately. 

A lot of y’all could learn a thing or two from Ron Rivera, myself included.

With all the negative talk the last decade about how employees are treated, we should be happy that we at least have an adult in the building. A lot of y’all want him gone, I have at times. But, I hope he kills it this year and makes it very hard to fire him. 

• Like 6