Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

We may have different opinions on RR as a HC but he's a good man! This is just one way it shows.

RWJ

8 hours ago, petey hodge said:

aaand, I'm happy the feacals lost tonight... in agony over a blown call.  they're reeling... and I'm loving it

It was not a blown call, The eagles db back said he held in a after game interview.  Eagles coaches got out coached in this game they were supposed to win. Ron deserves the award.

• Like 1

He is a good man!  I don't think anyone thinks differently.  He just needs to think differently in terms of Coaching.  he needs to stop hiring his old friends and find new ways to be innovative on the field!  that's his biggest weakness!  he also needs to learn how to adjust in games and not have a slow start.  he needs to stop trying to "feel for the game" earlier in the season, and really start strong!  

10 hours ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

The point of this thread is to show something positive about the coach of our team. 

exactly, the title of the thread explicitly acknowledges the differences of opinion regarding RR as a coach.  This award he has rcvd is only reflective of him being a decent human being.  

Not sure why people are having a hard time w that distinction.  There are plenty of “RR sucks” threads to wax poetic about his coaching inadequacies.  We all want to see the team win more games.  

Is a tip o’ the hat thread for not being a douchebag and seemingly adding an element of class to this monkey **** organization too much to ask for?  I know, it’s ES and it’s a rhetorical question, convolution is the name of the game around here.

Anywho, congrats Coach Rivera.  (Now let’s win a few more game! Damnit)

Edited by stoshuaj
  • Thumb up 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

I saw this during the game last night as well. I thought it was pretty cool. Everything this man has been through the last couple of years and he still makes time for others. 

Thank you Ron for bringing some respectability back to this franchise. I honestly think he is the right person at the right time. We really needed someone to help get the people within this organization on track and he has done that as far as we know. I’ll always be rooting for him as a person. 

• Like 5
  • Thumb up 1

23 hours ago, samy316 said:

If you prefer mediocre coaches, Ron’s the guy for you.  Im not too enthralled with going 7-10 or 8-9 every year, but you might be if Ron’s your kind of coach.  There’s more to being a good NFL coach than being a decent man, or a community advocate.  Namely, knowing X’s & O’s, game planning and making adjustments.  In all those categories, he’s thoroughly mediocre.

You didn't answer my question.  You said "... all that matters ..."

Everybody gets it samy316, you don't like Ron - you have made it abundantly in numerous posts.  But don't you think you could have kept your venom out of a thread where he received an award for his work with the Armed Services. 

Time and place for everything and you seemed to have mis-read the room.  I know the double-amputee veteran in the link really seemed to appreciate Ron and his work associated with the Armed Services.

:229:The Rook

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

32 minutes ago, The Rook said:

You didn't answer my question.  You said "... all that matters ..."

Everybody gets it samy316, you don't like Ron - you have made it abundantly in numerous posts.  But don't you think you could have kept your venom out of a thread where he received an award for his work with the Armed Services. 

Time and place for everything and you seemed to have mis-read the room.  I know the double-amputee veteran in the link really seemed to appreciate Ron and his work associated with the Armed Services.

My apologies, I should've kept the coaching part of my rant out of this thread.  Ron is a good guy, and he is a good culture setter.  I'm not going to argue against that.  He does have a lot of qualities that build culture and respect.

Edited by samy316
  • Like 3
  • Thumb up 4

3 hours ago, samy316 said:

My apologies, I should've kept the coaching part of my rant out of this thread.  Ron is a good guy, and he is a good culture setter.  I'm not going to argue against that.  He does have a lot of qualities that build culture and respect.

Well said samy316 

image.png.a67657377fb35f938933f4d1f12cebaa.png

Edited by The Rook
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Zim489 said:

I feel Ron could have similar results in any industry he goes into. Leader of people and generally upstanding character. But that doesnt mean anything if you are largely incompetent in the field you are in.

It doesn't surprise me (unfortunately), in a thread that just says he is a good man, you take the time to make several posts to relay your distain of the coach. 

Well, I would like you to  consider the idea that the sum of your life is reflected on a tombstone that says "Largely competent in his field".  Nothing about your humanity or selflessness or a model for other people, just graded your perceived competency in your field.

Coach seems to be a really good person.  Are you?  

2 hours ago, The Rook said:

It doesn't surprise me (unfortunately), in a thread that just says he is a good man, you take the time to make several posts to relay your distain of the coach. 

This is a message board about a football team. Rivera is the head coach of the football team. Seems pretty relevant. 

Nobody is denying he's a good man. But I want a good football coach. I want to win games. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, The Rook said:

Well, I would like you to  consider the idea that the sum of your life is reflected on a tombstone that says "Largely competent in his field".  Nothing about your humanity or selflessness or a model for other people, just graded your perceived competency in your field.

Coach seems to be a really good person.  Are you?  

But hes a football coach. Thats what hes here for. Its a results based business and character of a man can only take you so far. 

When we eulogize him in 30 years then we can talk all about the great things of a person but for the time being hes a football coach for our involvement first. In any profession really if your job starts off with "well hes a good person" it usually doesnt follow with good things. 

I dont know what it is but theres super weird defense of Ron by some like its a personal attack on a family member. The dude is just not good at his job and the football aspect of him being here is just as rudderless as when he got here.

Edited by Zim489

4 hours ago, Zim489 said:

But hes a football coach. Thats what hes here for. Its a results based business and character of a man can only take you so far. 

When we eulogize him in 30 years then we can talk all about the great things of a person but for the time being hes a football coach for our involvement first. In any profession really if your job starts off with "well hes a good person" it usually doesnt follow with good things. 

I dont know what it is but theres super weird defense of Ron by some like its a personal attack on a family member. The dude is just not good at his job and the football aspect of him being here is just as rudderless as when he got here.

This post was about him being a good man, there are plenty of other posts where you can discuss his short-comings.

You know what, never mind - you just don't get it.  It's not a "super weird defense", it's about basic courtesy.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

53 minutes ago, The Rook said:

This post was about him being a good man, there are plenty of other posts where you can discuss his short-comings.

You know what, never mind - you just don't get it.  It's not a "super weird defense", it's about basic courtesy.

If you want to compartmentalize him thats fine I guess