Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sam's Club: The Legend of Samuel Howell Thread

LetThePointsSoar

42 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

I’m going to temper some of the enthusiasm for Howell and point out that according to Logan Paulsen, Turner put on training wheels for Sam such that he didn’t have to read the defense against Dallas. Many of the plays were Sam looking at one route/option and making the decision.

And THAT is why Turner had to go. It it works and the players execute..you don't go all Einstein on them. Turner called plays to his ego not situational football. That move is worth 3 wins. Even TH would have gotten us there...Hey Turner..Thomas in the red zone dude...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

Depending on where the deal is, Bezos/Jay Z could easily be back-channeling with Brady (and communicating with Ron).

I have no idea. But the timing is tight enough that it could go either way.

For Tom, we have great pass-catchers, good backs, a great defense, in a weak conference, and are almost assuredly going to revamp the O Line. OC vacancy means he can be consulted on who he wants to work with. With proper assurances on new ownership, it’s as good a situation for Tom to “win now” as any. Especially since he won’t cost $40M and will leave enough room to sign Payne.

Not that it matters, but I believe I was the first to float Brady potentially coming here with new ownership months ago and took some ridicule for the suggestion. I continue to believe it’s more likely than most people think, though I’m not ready to say it’s probable.

I'm with you, it is just the timing seeming so tight.

• Thumb up 1

The draft order of any player at any position doesnt indicate how they will end up performing in their career. mr irrelevant (brock purdy) is balling out this year. taylor was living at his sisters/not even in the nfl but even he is better than wentz who was drafted #2 overall. Zac Wilson(also #2 overall) is trash so far. Sam deserves a shot imo and he shouldnt have this corny 5th round label on him. anything is possible.

Edited by Redwolves92
  • Like 5

At this point, Brady’s cap hit next year is likely to be around $15-20M. Not that expensive, the GOAT, still playing well, could be great for Howell’s development, brings star power to DC and could attract other talent.

Kind of a no-brainer if it’s in the cards.

Edited by CapsSkins
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, LetThePointsSoar said:

I want NONE parts of 2023 Brady.  2020 Brady was great, but Father Time is finally winning that battle and still bats 1.000.

Go all in on Sam, draft a mid round backup QB, invest in the OL, TE, LB and Safety positions and get your popcorn ready. 

While I agree that I don't want Brady either, he is still playing quite well. The team around him has deteriorated and Bryon Leftwich as a playcaller makes Scott Turner look like Bill Walsh. But he still put up #s and got his team into the playoffs(albeit in a weak division).

21 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

At this point, Brady’s cap hit next year is likely to be around $15-20M. Not that expensive, the GOAT, still playing well, could be great for Howell’s development, brings star power to DC and could attract other talent.

If the team is sold by free agency maybe, if Snyder is still here as the owner, there is more chance of Mickey Mouse coming to Washington than Tom Brady. 

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, markmills67 said:

If the team is sold by free agency maybe, if Snyder is still here as the owner, there is more chance of Mickey Mouse coming to Washington than Tom Brady. 

Yup — all depends on ownership situation. But not what’s necessarily public… could be that nothing has broken in the press but the deal is far enough along. Time will tell.

5 hours ago, CapsSkins said:

With this OL he’d get his leg broken.

Edited by allannis
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Treat SamHo like Jalen Hurts. Get Brian Johnson, the QB coach from the Eagles to be our OC. Build the Oline and invest high at TE and roll into the 23 season.

In 24, we will have plenty of cap space to go hog wild in FA to get over the top. 

And hopefully a new owner, FO and coaching!

4 minutes ago, DWinzit said:

And hopefully a new owner, FO and coaching!

I'm fine with RonMart and the ownership goes without saying. With the right OC, I like Ron running the team and our FO has done a pretty good job in the draft and with lower tier FAs, as well as keeping some of our own guys like Allen and TMC.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, CapsSkins said:

The O Line is guaranteed to be revamped

We hope but I don't trust RR and his people to evaluate anything at this point.  Let's not forget these are the same people who pushed for Russell Wilson but ultimately settled for Wentz giving up draft capital and $$$ for a player most knew was damaged goods.  

I'm all in on SamHow.  Sign a vet to help mentor him, re-sign Payne and focus draft pics on OL, LB, CB and maybe even a K.  

My hope is that we can find a trade partner to move back and recover our 3rd round pick.  

None of this matters if our RR and his staff cannot properly evaluate talent.  

7 minutes ago, allannis said:

You won’t get Carr for that money 

Of course not. My understanding was that the conversation I was quoting was about Brady. On Carr I pretty much agree. I think he's a good QB but I'm not convinced he'd be worth $50+ million per year.

1 hour ago, mistertim said:

Of course not. My understanding was that the conversation I was quoting was about Brady. On Carr I pretty much agree. I think he's a good QB but I'm not convinced he'd be worth $50+ million per year.

I don’t think we get Brady that cheap either 

15 hours ago, allannis said:

I don’t think we get Brady that cheap either 

You are wrong. Brady has always played on a team friendly contracts. Winning super bowls is more important to him. 

Brady is going to earn an annual salary of around $15 million in 2022. This salary is fully guaranteed under his current contract with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.