Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Everything 118th Congress Thread

@DCGoldPants

5 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

seeing gaetz gloat after kicking mccarthy to the curb makes me angry

just wanna slap that mother****er

If you're female and about 16 years old. He'd want you to slap him too.

Just now, Cooked Crack said:

Imagine she was promised a lot for her support over the months, and he didn't deliver **** to her. Very upsetting.

3 minutes ago, Barry.Randolphe said:

so this all but guarantees a government shutdown in november then, right?

If you operate on the understanding that last time they tried to pick a speaker it was a **** show… yeah that’s a reasonable thought. 

• Like 2

Just now, tshile said:

If you operate on the understanding that last time they tried to pick a speaker it was a **** show… yeah that’s a reasonable thought. 

This is why I don't find this funny at all.

I'm still not finding if they can vote on a CR without a Speaker.

Dems probably jus walked into a trap without realizing it doing nothing because this might part of the far-right only agreeing to vote for a Speaker that will give them their 30% cuts that the previous one wouldn't.

How do we get out of that?

• Like 1

Just now, Simmsy said:

Personally, I would've saved him just so I could use it as leverage. When he is no longer useful, let him go. This way is definitely more interesting though, politics may rival football this week.

You get the leverage first.  It made sense for Dems to have him out, and then they can negotiate with several people to see if they can get a deal that makes sense to support somebody.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

This is why I don't find this funny at all.

I'm still not finding if they can vote on a CR without a Speaker.

Dems probably jus walked into a trap without realizing it doing nothing because this might part of the far-right only agreeing to vote for a Speaker that will give them their 30% cuts that the previous one wouldn't.

How do we get out of that?

Pure speculation on my part but I don’t think Dems would have let him get yanked if they didn’t think they could come out of this renomination process with a better option. And given how difficult it was for McCarthy to be approved, there’s a reasonable chance that a coalition centrist could use Dem support to win the speakership. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, TheGoodBits said:

Pure speculation on my part but I don’t think Dems would have let him get yanked if they didn’t think they could come out of this renomination process with a better option. And given how difficult it was for McCarthy to be approved, there’s a reasonable chance that a coalition centrist could use Dem support to win the speakership.

This is honestly too optimistic.

Thinking they get someone better then McCarthy is underestimating what they are dealing with, and I hope isn't their plan.

They started the voting out process because of him not supporting 30% across the board and multiple agency cuts to avoid a government shutdown.

We are light-years away from these same folks supporting a centrist right-leaning speaker.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Captain Wiggles said:

Y'all say this isn't funny but I find it to be hilarious. This is exactly what Americans deserve for continually supporting Republicans. Keep voting for the party that doesn't believe in government let alone a well functioning one. Both sides my ass. 🤣

Why do I deserve this when I admittedly have never voted for a republican in my life?

One half deserves to suffer because of the other half? We're talking millions of people here that did not vote for this.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

This is honestly too optimistic.

Thinking they get someone better then McCarthy is underestimating what they are dealing with, and I hope isn't their plan.

They started the voting out process because of him not supporting 30% across the board and multiple agency cuts to avoid a government shutdown.

We are light-years away from these same folks supporting a centrist right-leaning speaker.

Fwiw i think its more apt to say a small fringe element of the House GOP started it. They got Dem support to oust him because McCarthy is still a maga asshole. He's just not full blown maga asshole like Gaetz. 

To think the Dems won't fully control who gets their support as House majority leader is silly. The House GOP is permanently fractured by these small band of morons who got rid of their leader. 

It's probably a good time for the actual adults to come forward in the House GOP and get a moderate elected. 

Edited by The Evil Genius
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1