Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CBS: Brittney Griner freed in prisoner swap

Cooked Crack

6 hours ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Gotta fill time between segments on the War on Christmas Biden is leading. 

Are they really doing this? Been a while since I watched Fox News and im struggling to figure out what Biden has done that’s anti Christmas 😂 

47 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Why was weland even in Russia for anyway?

@dunfer. @Redskins Reparations Why do you think Weland was on the table? I know you aren’t happy that Weland wasn’t released, but then I don’t think anyone, even the negotiators of this deal, is happy that Weland is still in Russia. But if Rusia isn’t willing to release Weland, what are we supposed to do? Nothing?

I could understand being a little upset at Biden choosing to release an entitled pot smoking millennial over a hardened patriot who served in the marines, but he didn’t make that choice. His choice was to release Weland or nothing. Are you advocating for nothing? You think that is better?

he was in Russia for a friends wedding and arrested at the hotel before the wedding

someone already posted an article where it was a choice and this was their choice. 

Just now, tshile said:

he was in Russia for a friends wedding and arrested at the hotel before the wedding

someone already posted an article where it was a choice and this was their choice. 

Someone else posted a rebuttal to that article that said they would only trade Weland for a spy that was in German custody…

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2022/12/08/politics/biden-griner-whelan-decision/index.html

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2022/12/09/politics/russia-paul-whelan-vadim-krasikov-germany/index.html

27 minutes ago, tshile said:

Are they really doing this? Been a while since I watched Fox News and im struggling to figure out what Biden has done that’s anti Christmas 😂 

Joe Biden's actually responsible for Christmas coming to early this year. 🤭

https://www.google.com/amp/s/news.yahoo.com/amphtml/fox-news-latest-attack-joe-081015233.html

On Monday, Arroyo groused to prime-time personality Laura Ingraham: “The turkey pardon had barely happened, Laura, it was barely finished when Jill Biden went out to receive the White House Christmas tree. At this rate, New Year’s Eve could be coming tonight at midnight.”

“Can we take a breath between the seasons?” Arroyo continued. “Elections go on for four weeks, but Thanksgiving and Christmas is over in an afternoon with the Bidens. I’ve never seen anything like it.”

• Haha 4

10 hours ago, tmandoug1 said:

This is a total dick statement.....you should be ashamed of yourself. 

Oh:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/paul-whelan-viktor-bout-trump-prisoner-swap-b2242240.html

Former National Security Adviser John Bolton has revealed that Donald Trump turned down the chance to secure Paul Whelan’s release two years ago – despite the former president claiming to be outraged over the Biden administration’s deal which freed Brittney Griner but left the US marine in Russian custody.

image.png.1d4298d2afafd06592d2bf1335462cd0.png

Edited by Barry.Randolphe
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

11 hours ago, tshile said:

Have a (D) after his name? Yep, that's pretty much it.

3 hours ago, Barry.Randolphe said:

Bolton with the peak petty!! I'm lovin' it.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS3qMTr6nXNCqcJmPfsAw-

• Like 3

20 hours ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Paul Whelan was court marshalled and dishonorably discharged for “attempted larceny, three specifications of dereliction of duty, making a false official statement, wrongfully using another’s social security number, and ten specifications of making and uttering checks without having sufficient funds in his account for payment."  https://www.jag.navy.mil/courts/documents/archive/2008/WHELAN, P.N. 200800152 PCE.pdf

Let’s not act like he served his country with distinction, or even that he “retired.”  He got kicked out for being a bad person. 

Edit:  And the US should still make all efforts to get him back. 

He already had his mulligan. If he weren’t in the military he’d probably have gotten time behind bars for this.

19 hours ago, dunfer said:

No but you wonder why

Russia is in a bad place right now. Seems we shouldve been able to offer Dmitri on a coke charge in a NY jail if he was fighting age. We shouldve gotten more for that trade

The flaw in your thinking is disregarding the difference in the value each side places on the lives of their citizens. Tя☭mp’s buddy has sent literally tens of thousands of soldiers to die for nothing with garbage equipment in Ukraine. Given that one side couldn’t care less about the lives of their people, I’d say it was the best we could get.

18 hours ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Why was weland even in Russia for anyway?

@dunfer. @Redskins Reparations Why do you think Weland was on the table? I know you aren’t happy that Weland wasn’t released, but then I don’t think anyone, even the negotiators of this deal, is happy that Weland is still in Russia. But if Rusia isn’t willing to release Weland, what are we supposed to do? Nothing?

I could understand being a little upset at Biden choosing to release an entitled pot smoking millennial over a hardened patriot who served in the marines, but he didn’t make that choice. His choice was to release Weland or nothing. Are you advocating for nothing? You think that is better?

Possibly...nothing is better. If Russia doesnt value their citizens... why would they want him out is all. What role is he going to play

And i wasnt advocating for whelan either. I wouldnt have made that trade

Edited by dunfer

6 minutes ago, dunfer said:

Possibly...nothing is better. If Russia doesnt value there citizens... why would they want him out is all. What role is he going to play

And i wasnt advocating for weland either. I wouldnt have made that trade

So your position is we should just let American citizens endure unjust sentences despite having an opportunity to have them released? 

“We do that anyway” isn’t an answer to the question, by the way.

Edited by CousinsCowgirl84

6 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

So your position is we should just let American citizens endure unjust sentences despite having an opportunity to do so? 

“We do that anyway” isn’t an answer to the question, by the way.

If you do stupid **** in foreign countries dont expect the US government to save you. Prisoner swaps was intended for people working on the governments behalf...spy-craft ****.

Instead of trying to smuggle personal stash through another country's airport like a moron...just tip a waiter well and ask him for a hookup

Edited by dunfer

8 minutes ago, dunfer said:

If you do stupid **** in foreign countries dont expect the US government to save you. Prisoner swaps was intended for people working on the governments behalf...spy-craft ****.

Instead of trying to smuggle personal stash through another country's airport like a moron...just tip a waiter well and ask him for a hookup

For the last time, I'm going to explain.

She was "caught" ON THE WAY BACK TO THE UNITED STATES.

WHICH MEANS SHE WENT INTO RUSSIA WITH IT.  AND HAD IT THE WHOLE TIME SHE WAS THERE. 

They chose to **** with her right before going into Ukraine, straight up.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumb down 1

5 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

For the last time, I'm going to explain.

She was "caught" ON THE WAY BACK TO THE UNITED STATES.

WHICH MEANS SHE WENT INTO RUSSIA WITH IT.  AND HAD IT THE WHOLE TIME SHE WAS THERE. 

They chose to **** with her right before going into Ukraine, straight up.

does it matter? its an airport, BUY SOME MORE WHEN YOU LAND since were capping

7 minutes ago, tshile said:

If I recall she waited a long time to leave anyways. The advice had been out for a while.

@CousinsCowgirl84 I wouldn’t say never care at all - but the question isn’t about caring. It’s about the specific exchange. And the exchange was a bad one imo. 

I don’t know if this applies to Griner, but I know that for American men playing basketball in Russia and Ukraine, if they left while under contract, they’d be blackballed from most Eastern European leagues.  Many stayed into February when the fighting started.

• Like 1

If Russia had of sentenced her to a fair sentence I would be inclined to agree with @dunfer @TheGreatBuzz

You’re right, Russia has laws. Yes laws vary from country to country. But Justice is universal.

15 minutes ago, tshile said:

If I recall she waited a long time to leave anyways. The advice had been out for a while.

@CousinsCowgirl84 I wouldn’t say never care at all - but the question isn’t about caring. It’s about the specific exchange. And the exchange was a bad one imo. 

There wasn’t a better deal to make. 🤷‍♀️

• Thumb up 1

Just now, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

If Russia had of sentenced her to a fair sentence I would be inclined to agree with @dunfer @TheGreatBuzz

You’re right, Russia has laws. Yes laws vary from country to country. But Justice is universal.

I've been all over the world, including Russia.  You know the one thing I was warned at every port?  Their land, their rules.  Don't break 'em!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1