Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CBS: Brittney Griner freed in prisoner swap

Cooked Crack

8 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

I've been all over the world, including Russia.  You know the one thing I was warned at every port?  Their land, their rules.  Don't break 'em!

So what?

Masha Amini doesn’t deserve empathy or Justice because she broke the rules of the land? Or should we be outraged by the injustice that was done to her?

your logic that if you break the laws in a country you deserve what you get is a little basic.

13 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

So what?

Masha Amini doesn’t deserve empathy or Justice because she broke the rules of the land? Or should we be outraged by the injustice that was done to her?

your logic that if you break the laws in a country you deserve what you get is a little basic.

You want to fly over there and protest it? we could probably start a go fund me for your air fare.

Real world

29 minutes ago, dunfer said:

especially the communist ones

And the monarchies.

20 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

So what?

Okay.  So you want to send in the 101st?  We may not agree with it but it isn't our place to say.

3 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

And the monarchies.

Okay.  So you want to send in the 101st?  We may not agree with it but it isn't our place to say.

I wasn’t asking what to do about it, I was talking about how you feel about it. Was it Justice or not? Is sentencing someone to -10years hard labor or not?

1 minute ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

I wasn’t asking what to do about it, I was talking about how you feel about it. Was it Justice or not? Is sentencing someone to -10years hard labor or not?

no

but we released a guy that was directly responsible for killing tens of thousands...should he be forced to do 25 years

51 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

There wasn’t a better deal to make. 🤷‍♀️

Ok. That doesn’t change anything. 

38 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

When you choose to go to a hostile country - yeah. 

the only people worth making that trade for are active military or intelligence assets

not pr fodder 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

You keep being under the mistaken impression that your or my opinions matter.

Your reasoning for why we should have let Griner sit in prison was that she broke the law in Russia. You are offering your opinion. I’m asking you if you think it was Justice? If you don’t, I don’t se why you should say she got what she deserved.

1 hour ago, Ball Security said:

I don’t know if this applies to Griner, but I know that for American men playing basketball in Russia and Ukraine, if they left while under contract, they’d be blackballed from most Eastern European leagues.  Many stayed into February when the fighting started.

🤷‍♂️ 

yeah I get they were there for financial purposes. Doesn’t really change anything about how I feel about it. 

12 minutes ago, dunfer said:

no

but we released a guy that was directly responsible for killing tens of thousands...should he be forced to do 25 years

This is where we disagree.  We didn't really have jurisdiction to begin with in my opinion.  Turned over to the Haugue is the most we should have been involved.  

4 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Your reasoning for why we should have let Griner sit in prison was that she broke the law in Russia. You are offering your opinion. I’m asking you if you think it was Justice? If you don’t, I don’t se why you should say she got what she deserved.

No, I don't.  I also didn't think it was right when I would go into dry countries.  But you know what I did NOT do in those countries?  Drink.

Amd this was all after being warned to leave, and not go to begin with.

10 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

This is where we disagree.  We didn't really have jurisdiction to begin with in my opinion.  Turned over to the Haugue is the most we should have been involved.  

If he ever supplied weapons to mid-est terrorists orgs then we made jurisdiction.I imagine most of these guys dealings are in Africa though..

As others have said another takes his place the second he gets caught, but he should still pay for his crimes

Edited by dunfer

5 minutes ago, dunfer said:

If he ever supplied weapons to mid-est terrorists orgs then we made jurisdiction.I imagine most of these guys dealings are in Africa though..

As others have said another takes his place the second he gets caught, but he should still pay for his crimes

No.  There are plenty of countries who had a direct impact we could have given him to.  

15 hours ago, dunfer said:

If you do stupid **** in foreign countries dont expect the US government to save you. Prisoner swaps was intended for people working on the governments behalf...spy-craft ****.

Instead of trying to smuggle personal stash through another country's airport like a moron...just tip a waiter well and ask him for a hookup

So you're saying all the rabble rabble about Fogel is BS too? That he should be left to rot as well? Or is it that Whelan is in fact a U.S. spy and that's the difference? Because unless it's the latter, as I've said earlier, Whelan was at the top of the 'Muricun dumbening scale for accepting a thumb drive from a Russian national. "Thanks Ivan, but how about you just snail mail it to me or send me a download link after I'm back." One simple statement and he'd have been at home writing more bad checks. If you want to ride the s/he had it coming train, in case you didn't notice, all three of them are on it.

• Like 1

I hope that people realize that there are shades of gray if life. The only reason things that are black and white are black and white. Black = absence of light  White = all light

Even our court system considers gray areas. E.g.,  there is a range of sentencing guidelines for convicted people. It may not always be equally applied depending upon locations and guidelines and the convicted people themselves. 

And let's not forget that certain crimes went from misdemeanors to felonies when the purpose was to deny our Black citizens the right to vote.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/russia-detains-us-journalist-espionage-wall-street-journal-rcna77354

Russia arrests U.S. journalist on espionage charges; Moscow court orders he be detained for 2 months

Russian authorities on Thursday arrested an American journalist for The Wall Street Journal on spying charges. 

Evan Gershkovich was detained in the Ural Mountains city of Yekaterinburg on suspicion of “espionage in the interests of the American government,” the Federal Security Service (FSB) said in a statement, which was reported by state media. 

The FSB accused Gershkovich of collecting “information constituting a state secret about the activities of one of the enterprises of the Russian military-industrial complex.” 

The Journal denied the charges.

The FSB provided no evidence or further details on when Gershkovich was detained. He was later taken to the Lefortovo court in Moscow and formally arrested. The court quickly ordered Gershkovich’s initial detention until May 29, according to the official Telegram channel of the capital’s courts. 

If convicted, he could face up to 20 years in prison.

Looking forward to the same people who argued that we shouldn’t get Britney Griner back holding consistent views here. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PleaseBlitz said:

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/russia-detains-us-journalist-espionage-wall-street-journal-rcna77354

Russia arrests U.S. journalist on espionage charges; Moscow court orders he be detained for 2 months

Looking forward to the same people who argued that we shouldn’t get Britney Griner back holding consistent views here. 

Probably gonna be worth it's own thread.

3 hours ago, PleaseBlitz said:

I’ve been to a lot of countries where spying is illegal. You know what I never did? Spy on those countries. Let him rot.