Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

World Cup 2022 Thread (Ole.... oleololeole...ole... ole...)

Fergasun

French fed filing a complaint against officiating over the disallowed goal

According to VAR Law 1.10 published by the IFAB: "If play has resumed after being stopped, the referee can only carry out an analysis in case of mistaken identity or an offense liable to exclusion (violence, spitting, biting , offensive, rude or abusive words or actions). »

It seems that offside is not an option here. Who cares ?, only sour grape clown Le Graet obviously.

5 hours ago, FrFan said:

French fed filing a complaint against officiating over the disallowed goal

According to VAR Law 1.10 published by the IFAB: "If play has resumed after being stopped, the referee can only carry out an analysis in case of mistaken identity or an offense liable to exclusion (violence, spitting, biting , offensive, rude or abusive words or actions). »

It seems that offside is not an option here. Who cares ?, only sour grape clown Le Graet obviously.

Yeah, makes no difference at all, let it lie, but was an absolute **** call IMO. Defender made clear play on the ball.

That said, if Deschamps plays Varane in the knockout, other than last 10 minutes, or for injury, y’all should shoot him out of a cannon into the middle of the Atlantic.

Konate going to take the mantle of best CB in the world from his teammate soon.

• Like 1

wiping out a goal because a player that was not in the play, and never touches the ball, is ruled to have influenced the play, is the soccer worlds version of the tuck rule.  I’ve seen it multiple times this tournament.  This should not exist.

15 minutes ago, China said:

Belgium blew a couple good opportunities and go out.

They never changed the head coach, and litterally blew up a once in a football lifetime gold generation.

Lukaku has always been inconsistent.

Edited by FrFan

20 minutes ago, China said:

Belgium blew a couple good opportunities and go out.

A couple?  That old star they subbed in could have ended that match with four goals, and none of them would have stood out as particularly difficult.  That one where he headed in while standing in the face of the goal and it somehow bounced wide made him look like he was cursed.  What he did was significantly harder than sending it into the net.  

2 hours ago, Destino said:

wiping out a goal because a player that was not in the play, and never touches the ball, is ruled to have influenced the play, is the soccer worlds version of the tuck rule.  I’ve seen it multiple times this tournament.  This should not exist.

It’s a good rule, when applied properly. The France-Tunisia call was that the defender’s header was merely a deflection, which is bull as he clearly headed it away, just not where he wanted to.

Just now, Long n Left said:

It’s a good rule, when applied properly. The France-Tunisia call was that the defender’s header was merely a deflection, which is bull as he clearly headed it away, just not where he wanted to.

It's quite amazing that a referee at this level of competition doesn't know this simple VAR rule (VAR can't be used if a play has resumed after being stopped).

So I believe he put a wager on Tunisia ;)

@Long n Left

@FrFan

Re: France disallowed goal

It was an odd play due to the deflection and interpretation of the header.  

The VAR official and the on-field official clearly disagreed on interpretation of the header.  I imagine the VAR official felt it was clear and obvious that the defender couldn't play it deliberately due to the interference from another player (I think it was Dembele), so he saw a "deflection".

Think if the GK had punched it up.   No one would complain about the call.  

Because the onfield official doesn't think about a review shouldn't prevent the VAR review.

Now that I think about it, I feel like France benefitted from a deflection being ruled a deliberate play during a recent tournament.  Was it against Denmark? 

Nope. It was the Nations League Final in October 2021.  Against Spain... yes... look at that play and tell me how that "deflection" is a "deliberate play". 

31 minutes ago, Fergasun said:

@Long n Left

@FrFan

Re: France disallowed goal

It was an odd play due to the deflection and interpretation of the header.  

The VAR official and the on-field official clearly disagreed on interpretation of the header.  I imagine the VAR official felt it was clear and obvious that the defender couldn't play it deliberately due to the interference from another player (I think it was Dembele), so he saw a "deflection".

Think if the GK had punched it up.   No one would complain about the call.  

Because the onfield official doesn't think about a review shouldn't prevent the VAR review.

Now that I think about it, I feel like France benefitted from a deflection being ruled a deliberate play during a recent tournament.  Was it against Denmark? 

Nope. It was the Nations League Final in October 2021.  Against Spain... yes... look at that play and tell me how that "deflection" is a "deliberate play". 

It's not about the deflection just that the ref wasn't allowed to use VAR

The ref was wrong which is bad

The goal offside/deflected goal should have been awarded which would have been bad

Instead of moving on and taking the loss, our ass clown FFF president filed an official complaint which is making it even worst.