Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The All Things PLAYOFFS 2022 Thread

kleese

1 minute ago, dckey said:

Now since activating Wentz we're 0-3🤦🏾‍♂️🤦🏾‍♂️🤦🏾‍♂️🤦🏾‍♂️

We won't, but I want to see Howell, since Dallas likely going to chainsaw us anyway.

Injuries on defense plus shot at higher seed plus us having nothing to play for equals sweep.

4 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Winning at least one of the giants games wouldn’t have made todays game so important, so yes, those two giants games were essentially the season. And they blew it. Simple. 

I get what your saying, but this team came into today still controlling their own destiny which means the most important game was today and they got blown out in the 2nd half.  No urgency in that 2nd half what so ever.  And after the game Ron apparently didn't know they could be eliminated today with a loss if the Lions and Packers both won.  That's embarrassing.  

11 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Winning at least one of the giants games wouldn’t have made todays game so important, so yes, those two giants games were essentially the season. And they blew it. Simple. 

Winning today's game wouldn't have made either of those Giants games so important...and today's game was against a team who had only won 3 times. And they blew it. Beyond simple.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Califan007 The Constipated said:

Winning today's game wouldn't have made either of those Giants games so important...and today's game was against a team who had only won 3 times. And they blew it. Beyond simple.

The browns definitely won more than 3 times……..who’s record were you looking at?? Clearly not Cleveland’s 😂 

• Thumb up 1

2 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

The browns definitely won more than 3 times……..who’s record were you looking at?? Clearly not Cleveland’s 😂 

Sorry, 6 games...which is still less than what the Giants have won. And they still blew it, in embarrassing fashion, in a win-or-go-home game, which neither of the Giants games were. The playoffs started today, and they came out flat and uninspired, and Wentz **** all over the field. Again...beyond simple.

3 minutes ago, drowland said:

I get what your saying, but this team came into today still controlling their own destiny which means the most important game was today and they got blown out in the 2nd half.  No urgency in that 2nd half what so ever.  And after the game Ron apparently didn't know they could be eliminated today with a loss if the Lions and Packers both won.  That's embarrassing.  

I see yalls argument that we needed this win not to be irrelevant, but we needed to at least split with the Giants to avoid this being the game need to avoid elimination (setting up for new most important game of the season on the road against Dallas).

When season starts or season is over, folks tend to look forward or look back to when season will be won or lost.  My Dad and a lot of people insisted that 3 week stretch involving the Gaints was going to determine if we got in the playoffs or not.  I said at beginning of the season I sensed 9-8 and thus agreed with him.

I again find it shocking the "John Allen calling out the fans for home game against New York" hasn't come up yet for how important many felt at the time that game was, including the players.  It was so important, that Taylor's performance is what lead to his leash being that short in the San Fran game, Taylor wins either of those games, Ron doesn't likely doesn't look for a spark or af least kicks that can down the road a little further to point it make no sense putting Wentz out there for one or two games.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Califan007 The Constipated said:

Sorry, 6 games...which is still less than what the Giants have won. And they still blew it, in embarrassing fashion, in a win-or-go-home game, which neither of the Giants games were. The playoffs started today, and they came out flat and uninspired, and Wentz **** all over the field. Again...beyond simple.

Did folks completely ignore people bringing up that Browns game was going to be different then assumed because Watson would be back?  Dude had like 3 TDs against , Jacoby we probably beat even with all the injuries of defense (injuries many we didn't have for either of the Giants games).

Fair debate, I don't agree it's a simple one.

30 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

No, it isn’t “BS”. If we win either of those two games against the giants, we likely have a MUCH better chance of making the playoffs next week. Once we blew those two games, I had a feeling that would ruin our chances. 

Who punted from the 34 yard line in one of the Giants game. Or go for it on 4th and 1 instead of taking 3 in the San Fran game or trying to have Taylor be the ball carrier on 4th and 1. Oh yeah Ron. So not all Taylor's fault. Lots of play calling blunders as well. Not running Rob more either. The 1st Giants game we should have won and the second one too after being off for a week. The coach didn't have his team ready after 2 weeks of just playing the same ****ing team.

Oh well whatever at this point since our OL sucked anyway. It was nice to hope at least and to have a tad bit of hope on the 1st day of a new year. 

1 minute ago, Renegade7 said:

I see yalls argument that we needed this win not to be irrelevant, but we needed to at least split with the Giants to avoid this being the game need to avoid elimination (setting up for new most important game of the season on the road against Dallas).

you can't really look at it that way, though. Because if so, then we needed to beat the Lions in week two to have the tiebreaker with them...and we needed to guarantee at least splitting with the Cowboys by winning in week 4...and we needed to beat the Vikings when we were up by 10 in the 4th quarter...and....and....

It really makes no sense to use the logic that if we had won that past game it would have been ok if we lost today...because the exact opposite would be true as well. We got eliminated today because we lost today. Period.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

you can't really look at it that way, though. Because if so, then we needed to beat the Lions in week two to have the tiebreaker with them...and we needed to guarantee at least splitting with the Cowboys by winning in week 4...and we needed to beat the Vikings when we were up by 10 in the 4th quarter...and....and....

It really makes no sense to use the logic that if we had won that past game it would have been ok if we lost today...because the exact opposite would be true as well. We got eliminated today because we lost today. Period.

No, your calling this a hindsight conversation, it's not.

I and many felt Philly and Dallas were better then us, we barely get into the playoffs, and our best chance to keep up them was a sweep of New York (expecting them to suck and hoping to split with either Dallas or Philly).

Fast forward to that Giants game and we were in danger of not winning the season season against of our division rivals if we lost that home, how often do teams go to the playoffs when they dont win a single season series against all their rivials?

Everybody knew we couldn't lose that series and expect good things before the season even started, that wasn't hindsight, that was foresight, and was right.

Edit: I reworded to not winning a single division series instead of losing all of them, but I didn't see any players calling out the fans to the Browns game, another reason I stand by that home Giants game being the most important of the season.

Edited by Renegade7

24 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Maybe he means the Browns offense had only scored 3 TDs over Watson's first 4 starts.  They doubled that amount today.

9 minutes ago, @DCGoldPants said:
I did LOL here. 

I probably won't like this mascot until we start winning because all the darts we going to get over him until we lose.

He looks fat and useless, anyone else catch hemis suit was so stupid he couldn't even get his hand in thr ground technique right?

6 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

I probably won't like this mascot until we start winning because all the darts we going to get over him until we lose.

He looks fat and useless, anyone else catch hemis suit was so stupid he couldn't even get his hand in thr ground technique right?

I don't think you have to worry about this if there is an ownership change. Seems like one of those terrible Tanya and Jason Wright driven things that will go away asap. 

Just now, mistertim said:

Honestly, we're simply not a playoff caliber team, no matter if Wentz or Heinicke is QBing. We're just not a good team. Great weapons, some really good pieces on defense, but our OL sucks and our QBs suck, so we don't belong in the playoffs.

We're a fringe playoff team as our record and late elimination indicates. We are no threat to do any actual real damage in the playoffs because of the reasons you listed. 

There are playoff teams and there are PLAYOFF teams, if you feel me.