Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The All Things PLAYOFFS 2022 Thread

kleese

10 hours ago, kleese said:

I think we are looking at a scenario where 2-0 gets us in 100%, 0-2 is 0% and 1-1 is probably 25% or less. 

I dunno, it might be higher than that. There’s a realistic chance that if we beat the Browns, we eliminate all wildcard contenders except the Lions. The big hurdle though is that the Vikings play at Green Bay, and the Vikings may not travel well to outdoor stadiums in the cold. 

7 minutes ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

The big hurdle though is that the Vikings play at Green Bay, and the Vikings may not travel well to outdoor stadiums in the cold.

Or that the odds say they eventually have to drop a close game.  They also have their division buttoned up and I believe the only way they can get a bye would be if Philly lost out and they win out - not likely.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Or that the odds say they eventually have to drop a close game.  They also have their division buttoned up and I believe the only way they can get a bye would be if Philly lost out and they win out - not likely.

Both very true…ok, maybe 25% was accurate after all lol…

The Vikings are gonna want to knock out the Packers in Lambeau. I lived in Minnesota for a couple years and those people absolutely hate the Packers and it will permeate onto the team. Not saying that means they'll win, but they're definitely going all out.

Edited by Warhead36
  • Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

12 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

The Vikings are gonna want to knock out the Packers in Lambeau. I lived in Minnesota for a couple years and those people absolutely hate the Packers and it will permeate onto the team. Not saying that means they'll win, but they're definitely going all out.

Vikings definitely won’t lay down this week, but the Packers are favored by 3 for a reason. I anticipate both the Lions and Packers will win Sunday— neither is a lock of course, and I do think Chicago has a punchers chance against that awful Lions D. I kinda think the Jets will beat the Seahawks if White plays— won’t call it an upset as right now it’s Seahawks -1.

I think our ideal semi-realistic scenario would be: 

We win

Seahawks lose

One of Lions/Packers loses 

That would give us two paths in week 18. A win or a loss from the Lions or Packers. 

As a reminder, if we win this week and do not clinch, you can pretty much be assured our game will be at 4:25 week 18 along with any other games that affect the WC. If it winds up being meaningless it will be at 1pm or MAYBE even Saturday if they feel there are no good options for that day. 

Watson will definitely play as they need to continue getting him reps in their system to get comfort while shaking off rust. The offense has been straight BAD since he got back. They have three offensive touchdowns in four games. And if Watson plays that means you play as many offensive starters as possible. You're not gonna throw Watson out there against our DL behind backups on the OL. 

But they may sit some defensive guys. Garrett has been dealing with nagging injuries all year. Man it'd be nice to not have to face him, but if he's like a couple sacks away from certain contract incentives I'm sure he'll wanna play.

2 minutes ago, dyst said:

Watson will have his breakout game against us

If Curl and St. Juste are out that's certainly possible, but their offense has looked terrible since he got back(and I mean was terrible with Brisett as well). One of my best friends is a Browns fan and if you think Scott Turner sucks as a playcaller, I should tell you what the Dawg Pound thinks of Kevin Stefanski "lolol". 

1 minute ago, rumplestilskin said:

Cooper always eats us up. But if they somewhow rest Chubb and Garrett we will be good. The reality is we should win and i think we will.

I'd be curious if they have contract incentives if they reach certain stats. Chubb is at around 1300 rushing yards right now. If he has a bonus for hitting 1500 he'll probably play. Garrett has 13.5 sacks so if he has a bonus for lets say 15 he probably plays too. But both guys have been dealing with some injuries. We'll see. 

Either way even if they're at full strength we should win. They are not a good football team.

2 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

If Curl and St. Juste are out that's certainly possible, but their offense has looked terrible since he got back(and I mean was terrible with Brisett as well). One of my best friends is a Browns fan and if you think Scott Turner sucks as a playcaller, I should tell you what the Dawg Pound thinks of Kevin Stefanski "lolol". 

He shouldn’t have a breakout game, but we’re the type of team who gives up three sacks to a rookie Aiden Hutchinson and let Daniel Jones look like a mix of Vick and Brady. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Warhead36 said:

I'd be curious if they have contract incentives if they reach certain stats. Chubb is at around 1300 rushing yards right now. If he has a bonus for hitting 1500 he'll probably play. Garrett has 13.5 sacks so if he has a bonus for lets say 15 he probably plays too. But both guys have been dealing with some injuries. We'll see. 

Either way even if they're at full strength we should win. They are not a good football team.

Agreed. I wonder if incentives can be waived from management and player can get pay regardless???

If and it's a big IF this team can beat the Browns, I fully expect the Dal@ss finale to be at least flexed to a 4 PM game because there's too much weight on the game.  If the Lions and Packers win next week, their Week 18 game is probably at least a 4 o'clock start in Week 18 so both games are being played simultaneously.

• Thumb up 1

4 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Browns fans don't make any sense.  The Browns were 11th in scoring offense with Brisett at QB.  They're struggling to score now as Watson gets his feel back for the game , but Stefanski's offense is not the problem.

1 hour ago, TMK9973 said:

Can anyone think of any other game we have ever. Played, besides the last game of the year, where we could in theory clinch, or be eliminated on the same day?

Great question; it’s a unique situation for sure to have both of those as possibilities NOT the last week of season. I can’t think of any off hand in my lifetime of following the team. I need to go back and investigate 1996. That’s the only one that came to mind— this was the infamous (infamous to me at least) Romeo Bandison play. Second to last game of year vs Cardinals. We lost 27-26 and were eliminated. I can’t remember if winning would have clinched— I think we still needed to win vs Dallas the next week. 

36 minutes ago, drowland said:

Browns fans don't make any sense.  The Browns were 11th in scoring offense with Brisett at QB.  They're struggling to score now as Watson gets his feel back for the game , but Stefanski's offense is not the problem.

Every fanbase hates their OC. I know Chiefs fans who aren’t over the moon for Bienemy. 

4 hours ago, NoCalMike said:

To me the Browns game is another Giants (game #2) situation.  Win the game or you don't deserve to go to the playoffs regardless of what scenarios suggest it could still happen.

I will root for us to make it under any scenario and I’d be excited about a playoff game no matter how we got in. However, I agree with your premise here— if you can’t win this game to remain in control of your fate then it’s really hard to cry over it too much. It will just mean we weren’t as good as I thought we were three weeks ago and if somehow we remained alive going into week 18 it would be a stroke of great fortune. 

39 minutes ago, drowland said:

Their run game is excellent. Chubb might be the best pure RB in the league and their OL mows people down in the run game. But(according to my friend)Stefanski falls in love with the pass game and calls too many "cute" plays. Sounds familiar...

9 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

So what you’re saying is it’s all playing out as I suspected long ago.  That Wentz would finish the season as starter where all games are must-win.  We likely win against the Browns and get our hopes up only to have a FedExField packed with Cowboy fans stomp on our souls.

There is some karma to hopefully Dan's last game as an owner being stomped out by his idol Jerry and their hated rivals in a game that means nothing to the Cowboys.

I am hoping for a win of course.  But we've been living 20 plus years of pure football hell.  Feels fitting for what hopefully is Dan's swan song game to have a same old same old element to it - especiaplly with Dan's comment that "we finally have a Qb."  Either a blow out or the game teases and then Wentz throws some backbreaking interception for the fan base to wallow in for months.

But for me as long as Dan sells the off season will be my favorite one of all time, no matter how the season ends. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise

6 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Their run game is excellent. Chubb might be the best pure RB in the league and their OL mows people down in the run game. But(according to my friend)Stefanski falls in love with the pass game and calls too many "cute" plays. Sounds familiar...

Their offensive line is actually playing like hot garbage.  It's one of the reasons their offense has been abysmal for the last 6 weeks. I watch their oline a lot because I have Nick Chubb in fantasy football. It's been brutal. They aren't opening holes for him worth a crap. He has only gotten me between 9 - 11 points in 5 of the last 6 games. That's atrocious for an elite stud running back. In two of those games, Chubb had 34 yards on 14 carries and 19 yards on 14 carries. Pretty bad. He has only hit 100 yards rushing once in the last 7 games. Mostly due to the oline struggling. I'd like to think that our front 4 or 5 will give them fits. Now Carolina's offensive line however HAS been mowing people down in the run game. They're incredible. I am very glad that we don't have to play them right now, with a trip to the playoffs on the line.