Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Election 2024 & Presidential Cage Match: Dark Brandon 46 vs Demento Donny 45

88Comrade2000

19 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

I couldn't disagree more. I think as Trump continues to lose leverage in the Republican party, more and more Republicans (both elected officials and everyday citizens) will turn their back on him. 

Trump did one thing that endeared himself to the right...he unapologetically spoke up for conservative policies. Who knows if he believed in them (probably not most of them), but he didn't care who he offended or what the repercussions were. Conservatives liked that. So, now as he spouts off against people in the party who truly believe in those policies and ideals, he's going to lose support and his following. 

I think DeSantis will easily win the primary and be the nominee in 2024. 

DeSantis is the same thing, only younger.

1 minute ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Well, there are differences. He's actually a politician so he's not going to yell inarticulate things at people during debates. He's also not going to Tweet inappropriate things in the middle of the night. He's also not a mercenary who just picked the side he thought would be the easiest path to the White House for his brand...he actually believes the things he's standing for. 

So, I don't think he is "the same thing, only younger" at all. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

Trump did one thing that endeared himself to the right...he unapologetically spoke up for conservative policies.

What exactly were these policies he spoke up for?  And when have other conservatives apologized for these policies?

I can only hope that anyone and everyone who faces Trump pounds on the fact that he was the only President in U.S. history to refuse a peaceful transfer of power, based on his own lies about a stolen election.  Over and over again.  Call him out dismissively. Don't argue whatever the issue on the table is.  Call him an insurrectionist and tell him you should be disqualified from ever holding office again.

And the press should remind people of that fact over and over again.  

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

12 minutes ago, FLSkinz83 said:

I wonder if someone like Larry Hogan jumps in.   

Yes.  I think the talks of a narrow field is wishful thinking.  I can definitely see Hogan running.  I could also see Paul Ryan returning.  Guys like Cruz, Cotton, and Hawley aren’t going to sit out either.  I don’t see the field as large as 2016, but I also don’t see it being a Trump v. DeSantis one on one battle either.

1 hour ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

No he’s not. Not even close. 

Trump is a one trick pony. He has nothing else. DeSantis can adjust character when needed. Which I would think he would need to do to gain traction nationally. 

7 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

I made my own cardinal mistake calling these people “conservative.”  They are not. 

While the Republicans gave up on the appearance of being fiscally conservative long ago they definitely still are social conservatives. Mayhaps not in their own lives but they have seemingly no problem pushing it on society. 

These stoopid mother****ers down here ramble on about how society is failing because of a lack of morals. Yet vote for representatives with absolutely zero morality. 🤭

• Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

Well, there are differences. He's actually a politician so he's not going to yell inarticulate things at people during debates. He's also not going to Tweet inappropriate things in the middle of the night. He's also not a mercenary who just picked the side he thought would be the easiest path to the White House for his brand...he actually believes the things he's standing for. 

So, I don't think he is "the same thing, only younger" at all. 

He gets triggered by children wearing masks at his press conferences. So...there's that. 

Edit...maybe he just wanted to see their young faces to see if they were old enough to drink with? 

Edited by The Evil Genius
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, FLSkinz83 said:

I wonder if someone like Larry Hogan jumps in.   

He was just on one of the Sunday shows not saying "no" to the idea. We like him in Maryland for the most part. Then again, who knows what he would have been without a super majority of Dems in Annapolis?

Those shows should replace Chris Christie with Hogan on everything ASAP. The guy at least is credible. 

If I were advising him, and wanted him to have a chance. I'd tell him to just do TV for the next 3 years through the '24 election. Use that time to build his national brand around commonsense and being an adult in a party highjacked by the opposite. 

• Thumb up 1

37 minutes ago, @DCGoldPants said:

He was just on one of the Sunday shows not saying "no" to the idea. We like him in Maryland for the most part. Then again, who knows what he would have been without a super majority of Dems in Annapolis?

I think the next full fledged run he makes at office is for the Senate in 26. He's going to hammer how things are being run in Maryland and paint a rosy picture of himself while cashing in on all deals he made in his own best interest while in office. 

• Thumb up 1

9 minutes ago, TheDoyler23 said:

I think the next full fledged run he makes at office is for the Senate in 26. He's going to hammer how things are being run in Maryland and paint a rosy picture of himself while cashing in on all deals he made in his own best interest while in office. 

I guess Cardin will be pretty old by then. I can see it. I guess we'll see what Hogan's party looks like by then. People like him might be long gone from that GOP.

I'm going to sit back and enjoy the Civil War within the Republican Party. The poll posted a page back did not surprise me. I have heard story after story of posters who talked with hard core Trump folks and so many have move on and are supporting DeSantis.  

I firmly believe this will happen, and it would not surprise me at all if Trump loses the primary then goes rogue 3rd party to stick it to MM and all the other GOP members who were not totally loyal to this child.  Splits the ticket and the good guys walk into the White House. Again.

Another thought is even if Trump is not running 3rd party I'm pretty convinced Trump mobilized a lot of voters, mostly rural, who didn't vote before but voted for Trump.  I don't see that group turning out to vote for DeSantis, especially after Trump gets through with him. 

Regardless all of this has totally turned around my outlook. Before Tuesday I was preparing myself for another Trump term.  Now I don't see it happening.  

• Like 1

I think Biden's wife will encourage him not to run. Much like LBJ, his health will be an issue for his family. Regardless, I think he might be primaried. Unfortunately, I don't see Kamala as the candidate. Another male, Kamala back to the Senate or runs for California governor. Another female for VP again. Someone who appeals to the younger voters. And the Democrats need to run on Republicans taking away rights. Especially if the supremes deep six same sex marriage. I still see them doing that because the House will never vote for national bodily autonomy and same sex marriage. American Taliban should definitely be on the ballot.