Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Election 2024 & Presidential Cage Match: Dark Brandon 46 vs Demento Donny 45

88Comrade2000

I think this fits reasonably well here.

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/06/01/upshot/millennials-polling-politics-republicans.html?utm_source=pocket-newtab

"Millennials Are Not an Exception. They've Moved to the Right. Over the last decade, almost every cohort of voters under 50 has shifted rightward."

This comes up here about how the younger generations will be different in terms of voting.  Every generation has moved to the right as they've aged.  Though if you want to be optimistic there is also this.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/opinion/millennials-will-not-age-into-voting-like-boomers/ar-AA1c20Rt

(Though, I think that more millennials are voting Democrat compared to previous peer generations isn't saying much given how far right the Republican party has moved.)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PeterMP said:

Every generation has moved to the right as they've aged.  Though if you want to be optimistic there is also this.

I’ve always viewed it as:

everyone wants their changes, but they’re not really interested in the changes anyone else wants

basically people are just selfish/self-centered, even if it takes aging a bit for it to become obvious 

Jack Dorsey was probably Tulsi's only major backer in 2020. So of course he backs the Tulsi 2024 version. 

****ing assholes.

As an aside, I can't imagine a generation or two (millennial and Gen Z) who has grown up with accepting their peers as being out, ever moving right and embracing the GOP platform of hatred towards lgbtqia+. 

But then again, I didn't ever think I'd see people be pro plague. 

Edited by The Evil Genius
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CtHCZ-groAC/?igshid=MTc4MmM1YmI2Ng==

I am a "registered" Democrat but I am also openly critical of Biden and age-related gaffes / lack of policy

THAT said, with the recent resolution of the debt crisis he got a few points in my book. Seems odd to schedule a comment like that right after he signs a deal to resolve the debt issue.

We can talk more about Biden being "unfit" for the job later, but he was able to save himself with that deal.

Edited by ixcuincle
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, The Evil Genius said:

You being a Stephen A Smith stan explains so much. 

It's also that I don't treat politics like a sports team, and I don't like that at all.

Me being a Democrat doesn't mean I have to tow the party line on everything. I'll critique when I see fit. I roast on Democrats and Republicans equally as a moderate.

3 hours ago, @DCGoldPants said:

Who is inspired or motivated by her? In retrospect, I'm very impressed she was Governor. She stands for nothing and everything at the same time. The only person less boring is going to be Pence. 

A Lady G protege. She’s got his schtick down tight.

6 hours ago, @DCGoldPants said:

Who is inspired or motivated by her? In retrospect, I'm very impressed she was Governor. She stands for nothing and everything at the same time. The only person less boring is going to be Pence. 

I noticed that the promo commercials called her "former SC Governor" & not "former UN Ambassador".  :ols:

4 hours ago, ixcuincle said:

THAT said, with the recent resolution of the debt crisis he got a few points in my book. Seems odd to schedule a comment like that right after he signs a deal to resolve the debt issue.

well, it just happened this past week. That’s the reason for the timing 

We can talk more about Biden being "unfit" for the job later, but he was able to save himself with that deal

just to be clear, cause people get lumped around a lot

i, personally, have no reason to think Biden is “unfit” for presidency. 

I think the optics are bad, I think this type of thing likely to happen again, I’m skeptical of what running a full campaign will bring (even Clinton had to take a time out in 2016 for health reasons), and I think it’ll be an issue for the general electorate

but I think these are optics issues. Not actual issues. I am not concerned he’s about to die or incapable of making competent decisions. 

• Like 1

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CtHCZ-groAC/?igshid=MTc4MmM1YmI2Ng==

I am a "registered" Democrat but I am also openly critical of Biden and age-related gaffes / lack of policy

We can talk more about Biden being "unfit" for the job later, but he was able to save himself with that deal.

Fark user image

Hidden for language.

Spoiler

fark_Aa-3Ln1xAmi_I3uz8iB8G0CcJH8.png?AWS

Edited by China
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

28 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

I noticed that the promo commercials called her "former SC Governor" & not "former UN Ambassador".  :ols:

In the US "Former Governor" is a better title for sure. She's running right now so she can be "Former GOP Presidential Candidate" for her speaking fees. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Well. Biden didn’t end the war in Afghanistan. He simply oversaw the final withdrawal stages. the economic numbers are lacking context, at best, because every major economist was predicting a V shaped recovery due to the situation. 

it also seems the gun legislation he signed is quite oversold. It’s funding for crisis intervention, closes a small corner case loophole in domestic violence gun bans, and a loophole in registering as a gun broker (not sure how prevalent extorting that loophole was)

it falls short of any real gun law reform but I supposed he did something. Just seems oversold. Especially without the context of courts shooting down so many laws over the last 2 decades that it does make it hard to understand what laws can be made going forward. 

Seems to me the lack of nuance is an issue on both sides. 

11 minutes ago, @DCGoldPants said:

She's running right now so she can be "Former GOP Presidential Candidate" for her speaking fees. 

I really wish something could be done about this. 

part of trumps ability to win the 2016 primaries is due to the number of candidates splitting the remaining vote. There’s been lots of blame thrown around nominees that had no shot but stayed in too long essentially only serving as a spoiler candidate. 

but there’s a lot of money to be made being a nominee that never actually had a chance. So people do it.