Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Election 2024 & Presidential Cage Match: Dark Brandon 46 vs Demento Donny 45

88Comrade2000

1 hour ago, Simmsy said:

Obviously, I'm no insider, but why are Dems so afraid of RFK Jr. again?

They feel he would draw votes from Biden.

Given his nutty stances, he could draw votes from Trump also.

Dems prefer 3rd party vote be kept to

minimum. Trump isn’t going to get any new voters but if there’s enough 3rd party votes, that draw away from Biden, it could tip things to Trump.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

They feel he would draw votes from Biden.

Given his nutty stances, he could draw votes from Trump also.

Dems prefer 3rd party vote be kept to

minimum. Trump isn’t going to get any new voters but if there’s enough 3rd party votes, that draw away from Biden, it could tip things to Trump.

1. If they heard what he had to say, Dems wouldn't vote for him. I really don't see how he is much of a threat to Biden or more of a threat to Biden than Trump. It just doesn't add up to me.

2. I know he can't help it, but his voice is nails on a chalkboard. If anyone heard him speak, they wouldn't vote for him out of respect for their ears.

Trying to use logic to explain who would choose to vote for a candidate like rfk jr and why, is dangerous. 

They’re concerned because they know that, and that means the impact is unpredictable. The “right” doesn’t have exclusivity over crazy voter logic. Between crypto bros, the Israel Palestine thing, and various other issues (like being extremely progressive to the point of seeing dems and republicans as two sides of the same coin), it’s hard to be certain who he would draw more from and in which states and how that adds up to the national EC picture. 

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

24 minutes ago, tshile said:

Trying to use logic to explain who would choose to vote for a candidate like rfk jr and why, is dangerous. 

They’re concerned because they know that, and that means the impact is unpredictable. The “right” doesn’t have exclusivity over crazy voter logic. Between crypto bros, the Israel Palestine thing, and various other issues (like being extremely progressive to the point of seeing dems and republicans as two sides of the same coin), it’s hard to be certain who he would draw more from and in which states and how that adds up to the national EC picture. 

Thanks for clearing that up!

9 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

Should have done another near it that said "Cheats on his Wives" and then another that says "Cheats on his taxes" and another that says "Cheats on his business partners"

do it like the South of the Border signs. 

• Haha 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 5

4 hours ago, Simmsy said:

Obviously, I'm no insider, but why are Dems so afraid of RFK Jr. again?

The reason is that Biden has a higher ceiling.  As in, there are generally speaking, more Biden voters (81M).  But Trump has a very high floor.  As in, his 74M voters are locked in.  

It's not likely a Biden voter will switch to Trump.  But, he needs to depress Biden's ceiling.  Trump wins by convincing Biden voters to stay home or vote for someone else.  So if RFK convinces 10% of Democrats to votse for him, Biden and Trump are tied.  

One of RFKs major talking points is "Today, I am leaving the Democrat party".  He is aiming his campaign at Biden voters.  In fact, he recently said Biden is more dangerous than Trump. Because Biden is censoring mis-information.  

For Dems, this is Ralph Nader all over again. Does Gen X have to explain this politically to Gen Z?  Presidential elections are imperfect. Do the Dems who didn't support Hillary regret it?  3 Supreme Court Justices later... they better.    Same thing with the uncommitted movement from pro-Palestinians.  I am slightly less worried about the pro-Pakestinians, but they need to start recognizing Biden has moved US policy, and even if it is small steps, it's in the right direction.  Come July, if the pro-Palestinian voters are like, "Oh - still not enough", I will be more concerned with them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So how far out do we start to pay attention to each of the swing states rather than the generic U.S. Trump vs Biden polls?  When do they become meaningful?  I know it gets harder and harder to change attitudes as the election nears.  

23 minutes ago, Fergasun said:

The reason is that Biden has a higher ceiling.  As in, there are generally speaking, more Biden voters (81M).  But Trump has a very high floor.  As in, his 74M voters are locked in.  

It's not likely a Biden voter will switch to Trump.  But, he needs to depress Biden's ceiling.  Trump wins by convincing Biden voters to stay home or vote for someone else.  So if RFK convinces 10% of Democrats to votse for him, Biden and Trump are tied.  

One of RFKs major talking points is "Today, I am leaving the Democrat party".  He is aiming his campaign at Biden voters.  In fact, he recently said Biden is more dangerous than Trump. Because Biden is censoring mis-information.  

For Dems, this is Ralph Nader all over again. Does Gen X have to explain this politically to Gen Z?  Presidential elections are imperfect. Do the Dems who didn't support Hillary regret it?  3 Supreme Court Justices later... they better.    Same thing with the uncommitted movement from pro-Palestinians.  I am slightly less worried about the pro-Pakestinians, but they need to start recognizing Biden has moved US policy, and even if it is small steps, it's in the right direction.  Come July, if the pro-Palestinian voters are like, "Oh - still not enough", I will be more concerned with them.

We’ll see what that Trump floor is. There are plenty of people who vote for him because he’s not a D. Traditionally they vote for anyone R. Can RFKJr pull a significant number of those people that it offsets the Biden defections? 

The attacks on choice and IVF are not going to do Trump any favors to suppress the turnout.

The problem with the Democrats isn't that they're pursuing legal investigations and "weaponizing" the justice department, it's the opposite.

The Democrats have done literally nothing as the MAGA movement regrows itself after January 6th.

There has been appalling lack of fire and condemnation. They need to go stronger and more aggressive against Trump but they're too scared. The SOTU was basically the only time Biden forcefully denounced Trump, critiquing to the point where Norah O'Donnell of CBS said "I cannot remember a state of the union this political".

Maybe more funding will drill the message home that the other side is not okay. Biden is not a perfect president. I've been over this countless time. His age and demeanor are serious issues that can't be discarded. His foreign policy and immigration are C- at best. But let's attack him on his legitimate shortcomings instead of this whole weaponized justice thing, because if anything, he has barely done anything to combat it.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

"We have never had a president who has used his agencies to carry out justice on political rivals"

John Adam's and the Federalists would like to have a few words with RFK JR. 🤣

Edited by Captain Wiggles

24 minutes ago, gbear said:

So how far out do we start to pay attention to each of the swing states rather than the generic U.S. Trump vs Biden polls?  When do they become meaningful?  I know it gets harder and harder to change attitudes as the election nears.  

I stopped paying attention to national polls late last year.  Each individual swing state are the only things that matter.  We don't have a national election.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, Fergasun said:

They aren’t voting for Biden. For those who have Palestine as their number issue; they aren’t voting for Biden. Who will they vote for since both Trump and Kennedy are pro Israel? Don’t know about West. Maybe they don’t vote or skip voting for president.

I don’t see that changing at all and if an aid bill to Israel passes, that piss them off more.

First, there’s no way turnout reaches the pandemic 2020 levels. I expect turnout to fall back closer to 2016 levels.

There’s a group of Dems, especially among the young; that will not vote for Biden no matter what.

Biden has hope he pick up some gop voters to make up what he loses among Dem voters or hopes those voters just don’t vote or vote Trump, if not voting him.

1 hour ago, gbear said:

Trump is leading now. Biden probably has until the convention to change minds. If he heads into the fall with leading in swing states; going to be hard to

change minds then.

2 hours ago, ixcuincle said:

Oh Sage..... you could have had this amazing career. Do I think there was an outline of topics and order? Of course. Do I think it was 100% scripted and didn't come out all these years since 2021? Doubtful. This is Sage, who thinks her employer having guidelines is the same as her 1st Amendment Rights.

and this Collin Rugg poster. Can we do a Kickstarter to get him his own suit that fits? Borrowing his Dad's that is too big for him is a sloppy look.

back to scripted. I remember President W. Bush talking to military folks in Iraq or Afghanistan and he got mixed up and asked something to the wrong person, and the one who was prepped jumped in and answered. That's scripted. 

Edited by @DCGoldPants
  • Like 1
  • Thumb up 1