Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Election 2024 & Presidential Cage Match: Dark Brandon 46 vs Demento Farty 45

88Comrade2000

Reuters - Biden vs. Trump: Who is leading the polls?

WASHINGTON, April 9 (Reuters) - U.S. President Joe Biden has marginally widened his lead over Donald Trump ahead of the November presidential election as the Republican candidate prepares for the start of the first of four upcoming criminal trials, a new Reuters/Ipsos poll found.

Some 41% of registered voters in the five-day poll, which closed on Monday, said they would vote for Biden, a Democrat, if the election were held today, compared with 37% who picked former President Trump. That 4 point lead was up from a 1 point lead Biden held in a Reuters/Ipsos poll in March

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/biden-has-marginal-1-point-lead-over-trump-reutersipsos-poll-shows-2024-03-14/

@Cooked Crack

"Buying a bus ticket to go somewhere to get it [an abortion] is not the worst thing in the world."   

Clearly this is man who has never ridden Greyhound.  Of course what Fox News host is going to challenge him on that?  Traveling on Greyhound is pretty much one of the worst things in the world.  But, I think the abortion itself will be worse.  Jackass.  Are these people anything but "the sock puppet of billionaires".  

Alabama Legislature changed deadlines to get GOP candidates on ballot in 2020

Alabama Secretary of State Wes Allen notified the state and national Democratic parties on Tuesday that the Democratic National Convention, scheduled to begin Aug. 19, is a few days too late to meet a deadline in state law to get the party’s nominee for president, presumably Joe Biden, on the ballot for the general election in November.

Allen’s letter did not mention that in 2020, the Alabama Legislature passed a bill to accommodate the date of the Republican National Convention, which was held Aug. 24-27 that year.

The Legislature passed HB272 to make a one-time adjustment to the deadline requiring parties to certify their nominees to get on the ballot 82 days before the election.

The first paragraph of HB272 said: “Relating to general elections; to revise deadlines for candidates to qualify for the November 3, 2020, general election schedule to accommodate the dates of the 2020 Republican National Convention; and to provide that this is a one-time occurrence.”

The bill passed both the House and Senate without a dissenting vote. Allen, who was then a state representative, voted for the bill.

Asked Tuesday if a bill to adjust the dates is an option to accommodate Democrats this year, Allen issued this statement: “As Secretary of State, I will administer Alabama elections in accordance with Alabama law and the deadlines provided therein.”

Click on the link for the full article

Methinks they haven't thought their cunning plan all the way through:

• Like 1
  • Thumb down 1

Re: Alabama Biden deadlines

Let me put my right-wing-thinking-cap on.

Democrats andbJoe Biden has been engaging in brass knuckle lawfare against Trump since 2016.  Since the unfair impeachment of Russia collusion, to January 6, to the documents case.  This is pure lawfare, straight out of a banana republic country.  I never thought I would see the say that our politics stoops so low.  Therefore, conservatives need to engage in lawfare back.  The only way we can win is by being just as lawfare minded back.  Or else we will become the next Venezuelua! Joe Biden asked for these Del Monte-country actions.

1 hour ago, China said:

Methinks they haven't thought their cunning plan all the way through

Methinks that they understand that their state map is so gerrymandered that the MOST vulnerable Congressional seat is +16 R according to the Cook Political Report's Voting Index.

https://www.cookpolitical.com/cook-pvi/2022-partisan-voting-index/district-map-and-list

• Thanks 1

The goal is that these ads are effective against the 20% or so undecideds.  Trump didn't have a record in 2016.  In 2020 he wasn't a criminal, he still had a record - but COVID was also a main thing. 

2024 now Biden has a record, and Trump had January 6.  I'm solidly on one side here, but this ad is basically -- "look at how delusional this guy is.  Do you want to be part of his cult? Look at that Confederate flag... Trump flags..."

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Methinks that they understand that their state map is so gerrymandered that the MOST vulnerable Congressional seat is +16 R according to the Cook Political Report's Voting Index.

https://www.cookpolitical.com/cook-pvi/2022-partisan-voting-index/district-map-and-list

So the best result for them is no change.  It will have no effect.  Then they're just pissing people off for the hell of it.  Seems pointless, but I shouldn't expect any less from Alabama Rs.

8 minutes ago, China said:

So the best result for them is no change.  It will have no effect.  Then they're just pissing people off for the hell of it.  Seems pointless, but I shouldn't expect any less from Alabama Rs.

I mean, the point is to conspicuously show their fealty to Trump so they get reelected by their largely Trump-cult voters. 

Harpers.org: Who Goes Nazi? (1941, but still relevant)

The gentleman standing beside the fireplace with an almost untouched glass of whiskey beside him on the mantelpiece is Mr. A, a descendant of one of the great American families. There has never been an American Blue Book without several persons of his surname in it. He is poor and earns his living as an editor. He has had a classical education, has a sound and cultivated taste in literature, painting, and music; has not a touch of snobbery in him; is full of humor, courtesy, and wit. He was a lieutenant in the World War, is a Republican in politics, but voted twice for Roosevelt, last time for Willkie. He is modest, not particularly brilliant, a staunch friend, and a man who greatly enjoys the company of pretty and witty women. His wife, whom he adored, is dead, and he will never remarry.

He has never attracted any attention because of outstanding bravery. But I will put my hand in the fire that nothing on earth could ever make him a Nazi. He would greatly dislike fighting them, but they could never convert him. . . . Why not?

Beside him stands Mr. B, a man of his own class, graduate of the same preparatory school and university, rich, a sportsman, owner of a famous racing stable, vice-president of a bank, married to a well-known society belle. He is a good fellow and extremely popular. But if America were going Nazi he would certainly join up, and early. Why? . . . Why the one and not the other?

Mr. A has a life that is established according to a certain form of personal behavior. Although he has no money, his unostentatious distinction and education have always assured him a position. He has never been engaged in sharp competition. He is a free man. I doubt whether ever in his life he has done anything he did not want to do or anything that was against his code. Nazism wouldn’t fit in with his standards and he has never become accustomed to making concessions.  Mr. B has risen beyond his real abilities by virtue of health, good looks, and being a good mixer. He married for money and he has done lots of other things for money. His code is not his own; it is that of his class—no worse, no better, He fits easily into whatever pattern is successful. That is his sole measure of value—success. Nazism as a minority movement would not attract him. As a movement likely to attain power, it would.

In 2015 we should have been playing "who goes MAGA"... it's only getting worse.

32 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

"Mr. West, most people who work for Trump think they are getting paid before it doesn't happen. Is that the case here? Or are you just working knowingly for free to get him elected?"

10 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

I mean, the point is to conspicuously show their fealty to Trump so they get reelected by their largely Trump-cult voters. 

So pointless.  If their primaries are over, and the margins are as you pointed out, then they don't need Trump to get re-elected.

8 minutes ago, China said:

So pointless.  If their primaries are over, and the margins are as you pointed out, then they don't need Trump to get re-elected.

It’s not about losing to a Dem, it’s about challenges from their right. From their perspective, it’s extremely important not to allow someone to appear Trumpier than they are and take their job in the next primary. They can’t be labeled RINOs, which just means anyone that doesn’t fully support Trump. So I think they are doing dumb performative groveling, but they aren’t irrational and it has a point. 

• Like 1