Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election 2024: 11/5/24- Prosecutor vs Felon

88Comrade2000

8 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

He’s looking to serve office for the first time at 76. Okay. Was Claude Osteen not interested in running?

For public office, I thought Neel Kashkari was not a bad candidate.  I don't even remember who ran in 2018 and 2022 for the GOP

In fact, I appreciated the public statements he put out and post-mortem. But Kashkari is a pre-MAGA candidate.   

Neel Kashkari has had one of the most fascinating public careers.  Engineer, to working at an investment bank to Treasury to running the TARP (and taking so much heat, KASH n KARRY) to public office run to Federal Reserve Bank chairman.  I don't even think he knew Hank Paulson when he jumped to go to Treasury (but who knows).  

31 minutes ago, Fergasun said:

For public office, I thought Neel Kashkari was not a bad candidate.  I don't even remember who ran in 2018 and 2022 for the GOP

In fact, I appreciated the public statements he put out and post-mortem. But Kashkari is a pre-MAGA candidate.   

Neel Kashkari has had one of the most fascinating public careers.  Engineer, to working at an investment bank to Treasury to ru9nning the TARP (and taking so much heat, KASH n KARRY) to public office run to Federal Reserve Bank chairman.  I don't even think he knew Hank Paulson when he jumped to go to Treasury (but who knows).  

Kashkari was the sacrificial lamb for the GOP in 2014 for Governor. He had no chance defeating the incumbent Jerry Brown, who barely even campaigned that year (Brown still won 60% of the vote).

GOP really has no chance at the highest level in California until the National Party moves away from the tea party Maga insanity. Even if the candidate might be a moderate (like Kashkari), the stain of the national party is too hard to overcome at the statewide election level here. 

Edited by The Evil Genius
  • Thumb up 2

4 hours ago, Cooked Crack said:

Thinking of Jack Nicholson's Joker saying "Odds are, you already have!"  

2 hours ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Also gotta appreciate someone who thinks he's qualified to be President, clearly hasn't read the Constitution.  :ols:

You think Trump has?  

The guy who's plan for dealing with the National Debt was to see if maybe people would take partial payment?  

• Haha 3

On 9/24/2023 at 3:00 PM, China said:

Potential for threats from Trump in 14th Amendment case sways Colorado judge

Trial set to begin Oct. 30

A lawyer for plaintiffs who are suing to block former President Donald Trump from the 2024 Colorado presidential ballot persuaded a judge to enter a protective order for witnesses and other people involved in the lawsuit, largely based on Trump’s history of “inflammatory” statements around other cases in which he is a defendant.

Denver District Court Judge Sarah B. Wallace during a Friday hearing said she had concerns for the “safety for the parties, for the lawyers and frankly for myself and my staff, based on what we’ve seen in other cases.”

After special counsel Jack Smith in June filed an indictment against Trump for alleged crimes around Jan. 6, Trump responded on Truth Social, “If you go after me, I’m coming after you!” which prosecutors viewed as “inflammatory” and “intimidating.”

The plaintiffs’ lawyer who argued for the protective order, Sean Grimsley, also noted during the hearing before Wallace that Dave Williams, chair of the Colorado Republican Party, which this week joined the case as a so-called intervenor, called the filing of the Colorado lawsuit against Trump “treasonous” behavior.

“That’s code for, ‘The folks coming to court have committed a capital crime,'” Grimsley said.

The protective order bars “inflammatory” speech, based on remarks during the hearing.

Click on the link for the full article

Trump tells court he had no duty to 'support' the Constitution as president

Former President Donald Trump is arguing to a judge in Colorado that he was not required to "support" the Constitution as president, reported Brandi Buchman from Law & Crime.

The argument came as he seeks to dismiss a lawsuit filed in the state by Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington (CREW), seeking to have him disqualified from the ballot in the state under the 14th Amendment. The Insurrection Clause of the amendment prohibits those who have "engaged in insurrection" against the United States from holding a civil, military, or elected office without unless a two-thirds majority of the House and Senate approve.

But Trump's lawyers are arguing that the specific language of the Constitution argues that this requirement only applies to people in offices who are bound to "support" the Constitution — and the presidency is not one of those offices.

For reference, here is the Presidential Oath of Office:

"I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States."

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e4735dxjzhqlmeri74udm

• Haha 3

Let's check in with our stable genius to see how it's going:

Trump Says US Capitol ‘Looks Like Sh*t,’ Chants ‘Barack Hussein Obama’ During Bizarre Rant

Former President Donald Trump chanted “Barack Hussein Obama” and said the U.S. Capitol “looks like ****” during a bizarre rant in Florida on Wednesday.

Speaking at a rally in West Palm Beach, Trump claimed:

Instead of keeping terrorists and terrorist sympathizers out of America, the Biden administration is inviting them in. You know why? Because he’s got a boss. Who’s his boss? Barack Hussein Obama. Barack Hussein. Barack Hussein Obama. Remember the great Rush Limbaugh? Barack Hussein Obama! He’d go, “Barack — Hussein! — Obama.”

Trump continued, “Unbelievably, the corrupt Biden Department of Justice recently invited an Iranian-backed judge from Iraq to visit our nation’s capital. Isn’t that nice? He couldn’t have been too impressed with our capital, it looks like ****.”

As the audience laughed, Trump said, “No, have you seen what they’ve done to it?”

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, China said:

Let's check in with our stable genius to see how it's going:ouldn’t have been too impressed with our capital, it looks like ****.”

As the audience laughed, Trump said, “No, have you seen what they’ve done to it?”

Gee, I can't imagine who told them to do it. 

19 minutes ago, tshile said:

That’s like the 3rd or 4th time he’s talked about Obama in the last week, essentially referring to him as if he is the current president 

Part of me wonders if he thinks he's insulting Joe Biden.  Pushing the notion that Obama is really making the decisions. 

Maybe he thinks invoking Obama's name triggers his bases "economic anxiety"  

Me?  I wish Obama was in charge. 

I'm pretty sure a good chunk of the country would prefer it. 

• Haha 1
  • Thumb up 1