Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Election 2024 & Presidential Cage Match: Dark Brandon 46 vs Felonious Farty 45

88Comrade2000

I'm not surprised when assholes act like assholes or when the crazies spout crazy ****, but what is pissing me off is the way the mainstream media outlets are foisting these gratuitously insulting storylines, ie/ Biden's age, etc, just for clicks, nothing other than venal attention whoring to keep people on edge and watching. I don't mean Fox, they are a wholly owned subsidiary of foreign agitprop, but the Times or the Post, outfits that claim to be some kind of rational purveyors of news, NBC/ABC repeating outright lies that reek of manipulation and yet they breath air into them daily. Them sinking to the level of social media trolls is disgusting beyond description. 

Reinstate the Fairness Doctrine Joe.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3
  • Thumb up 1

29 minutes ago, LD0506 said:

I'm not surprised when assholes act like assholes or when the crazies spout crazy ****, but what is pissing me off is the way the mainstream media outlets are foisting these gratuitously insulting storylines, ie/ Biden's age, etc, just for clicks, nothing other than venal attention whoring to keep people on edge and watching. I don't mean Fox, they are a wholly owned subsidiary of foreign agitprop, but the Times or the Post, outfits that claim to be some kind of rational purveyors of news, NBC/ABC repeating outright lies that reek of manipulation and yet they breath air into them daily. Them sinking to the level of social media trolls is disgusting beyond description. 

Reinstate the Fairness Doctrine Joe.

Yesterday the Post ran an OpEd by David Ignatius, their foreign policy correspondent who I generally respect, arguing that Joe Biden shouldn't run.  I won't link to it, it's trash and he was rightly pilloried in the comments section.  The thing is, where are the articles suggesting that Trump shouldn't run given his actions to overturn the election, 90+ felony indictments, significant health concerns with his age and weight, and his general unfitness for office?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Thumb up 1

40 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Yesterday the Post ran an OpEd by David Ignatius, their foreign policy correspondent who I generally respect, arguing that Joe Biden shouldn't run.  I won't link to it, it's trash and he was rightly pilloried in the comments section.  The thing is, where are the articles suggesting that Trump shouldn't run given his actions to overturn the election, 90+ felony indictments, significant health concerns with his age and weight, and his general unfitness for office?

Are you suggesting there haven't been articles written regarding Trump's election interface, age and weight, or general unfitness for office?  

6 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Are you suggesting there haven't been articles written regarding Trump's election interface, age and weight, or general unfitness for office?  

Not by mainstream outlets like the Post and not with the same frequency. I don’t think Ive ever seen an article suggesting Trump shouldn’t run due to age and weight. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

25 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Not by mainstream outlets like the Post and not with the same frequency. I don’t think Ive ever seen an article suggesting Trump shouldn’t run due to age and weight. 

Donald Trump is a fat, old **** who is unfit to run for office. — by Alvin

Edited by AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy
  • Haha 1
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 4

2 hours ago, PleaseBlitz said:

It's basically a given that he's running. Except for the 14th Amendment Section 3 disqualification articles by mostly conservative lawyers/Constitutional scholars, there aren't the same kind of discussions about age and health concerns like with Biden.

Edited by LadySkinsFan

Whelp, since Mitt is on the way out at least he is gonna take a ridiculous amount of shots at the republican establishment and Trump. He has officially moved over to having no skin in the game, and that seems to quadruple the spine on a lot of republican politicians.

He fell in line a bunch no doubt, but Mitt was also one of the few that took a shot here and there when everyone else was hiding. I expect him to be quite outspoken moving forward.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

He fell in line a bunch no doubt, but Mitt was also one of the few that took a shot here and there when everyone else was hiding. I expect him to be quite outspoken moving forward.

I seem to recall he's the only Senator in history to vote to convict a President of his own Party. 

59 minutes ago, Larry said:

I seem to recall he's the only Senator in history to vote to convict a President of his own Party. 

There were a couple that did. He was one of them

https://www.npr.org/sections/trump-impeachment-trial-live-updates/2021/02/15/967878039/7-gop-senators-voted-to-convict-trump-only-1-faces-voters-next-year

7 GOP Senators Voted To Convict Trump.

There are not a lot of R's that I hold any amount of respect for. I can at least say I did for Romney,

Low bar, but I didn't feel like the guy was some tyrannical dictator in the making or trying to subvert our democracy. He was just a guy w/ diff political views.

Plus he was actually capable of achieving proper decorum, and not just be a whining baby.

Edited by FootballZombie