Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Election 2024 & Presidential Cage Match: Dark Brandon 46 vs Felonious Farty 45

88Comrade2000

JFC, DNC, pull the plug on this bamma, he's not a democrat he's just trying to make y'all look bad.

You aren't THAT big of tent to allow an asinine idea like federal 3 month abortion ban, stop pretending to be fair and force him to run independent so he stops showing up with headlines like "Dem says crazy ****" every other day...

cane-stage.gif

Edited by Renegade7
  • Like 2
  • Thumb up 4

@Cooked Crack

@Larry

Another example of the Twitter journalist not "watching the clip".  Pence took the question and spun it into [paraphrashing]: "I am proud of the Trump Pence record and our work to Make America Great Again after 8 years of Obama-Biden, you better believe it."  Not "You better believe I am MAGA."

When pressed later in the interview about being a MAGA Republican he basically said: "I have always claimed to be a christian, conservative and then republican."

Even NBCNews own headline for the clip is something like "Pence declines to identify as a MAGA Republican." 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

JFC, DNC, pull the plug on this bamma, he's not a democrat he's just trying to make y'all look bad.

You aren't THAT big of tent to allow an asinine idea like federal 3 month abortion ban, stop pretending to be fair and force him to run independent so he stops showing up with headlines like "Dem says crazy ****" every other day...

I don't think the DNC can "pull the plug" on him.  If he wants to run, he can run.  If he wants to say he's running as a Democrat, he can do that too.  The DNC isn't helping him that I'm aware of.  

• Thumb up 1

33 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

I don't think the DNC can "pull the plug" on him.  If he wants to run, he can run.  If he wants to say he's running as a Democrat, he can do that too.  The DNC isn't helping him that I'm aware of.  

I'm not sure I'm buying that, but its have to look at rules they have as a party.

Like if Trump for whatever hypothetical reason said he wanted to leave Republican party and run as a Democrat, there's no way I believe the DNC couldn't or wouldn't stop him.

Didn't Bernie technically have a D next to his name in the presidential primaries when everywhere else, in the senate and his own senate elections he has an I for independent instead?

This is a whole in their vetting process regarding potential presidential candidates for them because he's listing off several items no one will ever agree to put in a DNC platform ahead of a general election.  Even Bernie a Medicare for All would've made it in if he got the nomination over Biden.

This RFK jr clown couldn't be more obvious if he tried, he's at the Iowa State fair with all the other GOP candidates for president when no other Dems are for a reason.

• Thumb up 1

35 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

I'm not sure I'm buying that, but its have to look at rules they have as a party.

Like if Trump for whatever hypothetical reason said he wanted to leave Republican party and run as a Democrat, there's no way I believe the DNC couldn't or wouldn't stop him.

Didn't Bernie technically have a D next to his name in the presidential primaries when everywhere else, in the senate and his own senate elections he has an I for independent instead?

This is a whole in their vetting process regarding potential presidential candidates for them because he's listing off several items no one will ever agree to put in a DNC platform ahead of a general election.  Even Bernie a Medicare for All would've made it in if he got the nomination over Biden.

This RFK jr clown couldn't be more obvious if he tried, he's at the Iowa State fair with all the other GOP candidates for president when no other Dems are for a reason.

Yea, I don't think it works that way.  The DNC has a few levers to pull on, but they can't ban someone from running for POTUS as a Dem.  All it can really do is withhold access to certain things the DNC provides, like money, access to donor lists, campaign support, coordination between national, state and local races, access to the debates, stuff like that.  All of which the DNC is currently doing with respect to RFK Jr.   Basically, RFK Jr. is being treated like the other 153 people that have officially registered to run for President as Democrats and who are not named Joe Biden.  https://www.fec.gov/data/candidates/?election_year=2024&office=P&party=DEM

Currently, the RNC is using the similar levers it has to winnow the GOP field, which is to say, limiting access to the debates.  If you don't make the debate stage, that's pretty much death.  Likewise, the DNC isn't even holding debates, which would only serve to give RFK Jr. a platform, which the DNC doesn't want to provide him.  

Next, yes, Bernie was an independent who ran as a Dem.  That was a lot different because Bernie was very popular with a large swath of the left wing of the party, and the eventual Dem nominee needed those votes, so letting Bernie run and giving him access to all the stuff the DNC provides was smart politics.  RFK Jr. is not popular with any part of the Democratic party, so far as I can tell, and so he can be safely marginalized.  And although the DNC is doing everything it can do to marginalize him, RFK cynically has the full support of the right-wing apparatus like Steve Bannon and longtime GOP donors (primarily Timothy Mellon, heir to the Mellon Bank fortune, who has provided more than half of the total funds RFK Jr. has raised, by himself).  Nothing the DNC can do to stop freaking Steve Bannon and a bunch of wealthy GOP turds.

And so we agree, RFK couldn't be more obvious in the fact that he's not a Democrat, but it isn't for the DNC to reject him, it's for the voters.  

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 2