Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Next Day Thread: Vikings Pillaged Our Pride

KDawg

149 passing yards. 49 of which was the pass to Samuels, against the 28th ranked pass defense.   This offense right now feels schemed more around what Heinicke can't do than what they feel confident in him doing. You need to throw the ball around the field in order to challenge that pass defense.  If they had a legitimate NFL QB going into this game, there is no way the game is schemed the way we saw it play out.  They would have been attacking that Vikings secondary from the jump. 

Having a really good defense is definitely an asset, but it means a lot less when the offense struggles to put up 17 points a game.  

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

20 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Thomas was wide open and we were averaging under 3 YPC with Robinson and Gibson. That was a rare good call by Turner, Heinicke just effed it.

With Taylor at qb, it seems we always have 10+ play drives with us running effectively and Taylor dinking and dunking. Sure he has had a couple bombs to Terry and Curtis but thats an exception.

Our formula for winning with Heinicke is run the ball (regardless of how many yards per rush) and make it a manageable 3rd down where Heinicke seems to be effective getting the first. Again why throw it to Logan, who hasn’t done squat since coming back from injury on a second down play.

I’m watching the Titans right now and they have an identity under Vrabel that hasn’t changed in a couple years. Even when Henry was hurt last year they ran the ball all the time while Tannehill is not expected to throw for 300 yards. My point is what is the identity of this offense the last 3 years? We are not equipped at qb to be a Chiefs like offense throwing it 50 times. We need to win with a mistake free offense, effective running, occasional big play, controlling the time of possession and a solid to great defense. Period. 

Edited by skinsfan93
  • Like 3

As pissed as I was about the loss its encouraging the difference between us and what a 7-1 team looks like. You figure if we can find a way into the dance there isn't really any team that scares us, maybe Philly but we'll really see where we stand with them on Monday.. I'm sure they didn't forget how we shut them down in the 2nd half of the first game..

If only we had an offense. It just sucks that the offense doesn't really look any better than last years at this point.. As for TH, that pass he skymailed to Thomas was inexcusable. I mean dude is what 6'6? And then the penalty of the FG at the end that gifted the game for them. Viking fans were saying they praised their end of the game clock management, ugh yea when the other team makes it easy for you by giving you extra downs...

All I can say is the Vikings did what they had too when they got opportunities especially in that 4th but they didn't earn them. They honestly didn't impress me all that much.. I thought they would control the entire game and we'd be playing catchup but it was the other way around.

The defense was awesome again. This is a playoff defense that deserves 3-4 guys getting named recognition at the end of the year. 

Just find a way to get into the dance. There isn't a single team in the NFC I think that scares us...

• Haha 4
  • Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

This is Washington. This is depressing. The commanders are a ball of depression 

Do you remember when you got mad at everyone who thought this team was never going to amount to anything? I do. This has to be the largest 180 I’ve seen. :ols:

• Sad 1

Not gonna lie, this one hurt. Literally any semblance of offense in the 4th and we probably win this game. 

I realized, Minus the Lions, which is our only loss to a bad team, the other 4 losses came from teams with a combined record of 26-5. We’ve lost to some really good teams so far this year.

Edited by Indi1988

5 minutes ago, Zim489 said:

Remember it took a muffed punt to barely beat the woeful Bears 

Because almost the entire league sucks. 3-4 teams are relatively good because everybody else sucks. No team is really a great team.

Watch the Titans play, no QB, no WR's, 1 player is their entire offense, great defense. They go toe to toe with the Chiefs. Imagine an actual elite team like the 91 Redskins or the 92 Cowboys or the 88-89 49ers against the league right now. It would be pathetic. 

The NFL pretty much sucks right now. Realistically, they should drop down to like 16 teams. There aren't even 16 good QB's and almost every team has a garbage OL. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, El Mexican said:

Y'all keep saying we should draft a QB.

You're wrong.

This team needs a complete OL overhaul to be consistent.

Otherwise why bother?

I don’t think this is exactly true. You really need to replace two positions. Get a RT so you can move Cosmi inside and upgrade at LG over Norwell. I think the move is splurging on Orlando Brown if he doesn’t get franchised and taking a guard in Day 2